Matt23

Share your Life Purpose Statement

18 posts in this topic

Hey. 

I'm doing a little research on the types of things people have for their life purpose statements.  

I'm wanting to get a better idea about what that looks like, or can look like.  

Also, I'd appreciate if you could write a little bit about if you feel "solid" in your LP statement, or if things still need refining. 

Hearing about what clicked for you and what didn't would also help.

Cheers

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I don't feel the LP statment is "solid" as i have little experience. But it is related to creating audiovisuals, my own style. I am also considering to be a teacher that helps people guiding them to express their own voice through music. My zone of genius is composing music, and i want to include visuals as well.

So for now, my LP statment would be something like: "Creating amazing audiovisuals that let people see the beauty of creativity in art"

I don't know how it would generate money by the way :o i am just focusing on being so good they can't ignore you ^_^

P.S... what is yours?

Edited by Human Mint

4 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

What exactly do you mean by "life purphose statement?" Is it like, related to career choice, or purphose of life in general?

I wanna become a great writer, one that not only creates masterpieces of fiction, but also makes people feel better, change their perspective after they finish reading. I guess that is worthy enough goal to be striving towards.

But as a general life purphose, first thing that comes to mind is obviously maximizing happiness and satisfaction. What else is there really?

It's a term used in Leo's LP course

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

On 9/17/2021 at 0:29 PM, Human Mint said:

P.S... what is yours?

Not too sure yet...

I've come up with "Help people be together."  Or something of the sort.  But I'm not 100% sure yet.

To accept my limitations and to embrace new extensions.

Basically, I will accept that I can't do everything I want because I would be burnt out or I don't have the resources for it. I will embrace new things I discover that could help me redefine what I call my limitations.

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion." - Parabola by Tool

"Using my love of creative self-expression to inspire people to discover their own unique gifts"

I feel extremely solid in my statement. I'm very proud of it as I worked very hard at the course and spent many hours coming up with the perfect statement. It fits me so well. 

I'm an artist and I love creative expression of all kinds. I especially love expressing myself outwardly with my body like performing on stage. I want to do comedy, improv, public speaking and music...

Knowing my purpose has compelled me to take improv and public speaking classes, pick up guitar, write and draw more often, meet new people, get excited about other people's art, improve my capacity to know beauty and creativity, and countless other things.

"You Create Magic" 

@Vision INTP

Top Values:

Self-expression

Service

Love/relationships

Playfulness

Honesty

Consciousness

Purpose

Health

Learning/education

Personal growth

"You Create Magic" 

Originally in 2017 when I finished the course it was: "Studying health & nutrition to help people live better, longer & to thrive in life" nowadays if I was to polish it, it would be shorter and kinda more on-point but the core of it still works. 

12 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I've come up with "Help people be together."  Or something of the sort.  But I'm not 100% sure yet.

I think this is a good start and needs a little bit more specificity in terms of "what's the medium". Helping people be together by <add your core medium and core activity>. But I know you're getting there :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I share direct insights that give people hope through wisdom.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

2 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

INTP

Me too ?

2 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Top Values:

Self-expression

Service

Love/relationships

Playfulness

Honesty

Consciousness

Purpose

Health

Learning/education

Personal growth

@Flowerfaeiry Are those in order? 

How long have you been an artist for? 

1 minute ago, Vision said:

Me too ?

hehe nice

1 minute ago, Vision said:

Are those in order? 

How long have you been an artist for? 

Yes they are in order.

I was very creative in childhood. Wrote a bunch, played music, danced, made art.  I didn't call myself an artist until a couple years ago. Started actually having direction in my creativity after taking the LP course early 2018. 

Thanks for asking :) 

"You Create Magic" 

On 9/20/2021 at 10:56 AM, Michael569 said:

a little bit more specificity in terms of "what's the medium".

Ya.  I'm confused at what that is.  

I'm especially looking for a skill or skill set I can work on and master over the long-term.  

I often get periods where I feel like I should and could be using my time to be working on a skill, but I mostly just fail to come up with anything.  I feel frustrated at this cuz the motivation is there but I feel I have nothing to use it towards.

That's the thing on my mind recently.

Though, I've also started to feel really excited about the idea of having more freedom in my work.  As in perhaps the ability to be traveling and exploring as I work (or for my work), visiting different people and places.  Maybe even doing it online partially.  Yet also something involving connecting with others I think.

Perhaps some sort of consulting work.  Maybe in community building, interpersonal and organizational relations or conflict resolution... 

Tis a mystery for now. 

Cheers  

Edited by Matt23