caelanb

Nose always partly plugged

40 posts in this topic

On 2021-10-22 at 2:59 AM, Mada_ said:

Eating foods that are inflammatory commonly causes a sniffly nose - see Leo's book list for book on immune system.

@Mada_ I can probably find anti-inflammatory foods online.

- nodi sodhana yoga

@Mada_ I've never heard of this kind of yoga, is it a type of yoga that helps to improve breathing or something?

- using a neti pot

@Mada_ This one was recommended a lot, It should probably check it out then. I just hope it's not some fad thing that doesn't actually have any scientific evidence supporting its proposed benefits.

@Michael569

On 2021-10-22 at 6:26 AM, Michael569 said:

any chance this can be environmental

Not really, my environmental is pretty clean, I don't live in a heavily populated area. If it was, other people would most likely be having the same problem, and my issue would have likely started way before it did.

On 2021-10-22 at 6:26 AM, Michael569 said:

Could there be mould, dustmites or other airborne allergens

This I have not checked, but I doubt it. I live a relatively clean suburban area.

On 2021-10-31 at 0:49 PM, Nahm said:

I don’t think it’s really communicable in text. 

@Nahm Do you mean the proof of my experience is not really communicable in text?

:D

@caelanb

More in the sense meaning arises at my end and at your end so to speak, and what can be conveyed and understood in an actual conversation can’t always be communicated in text / type / words on this forum. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 2021-11-02 at 1:42 PM, Nahm said:

More in the sense meaning arises at my end and at your end so to speak, and what can be conveyed and understood in an actual conversation can’t always be communicated in text / type / words on this forum. 

@Nahm You do understand what I am saying though, that a situation happened a while time ago which seemed to have changed my physiological reactions to stress, right?

All in all, what I understand is that you advice me to change the way I see how I look at the situation that happened? In a way that is more empathetic to the perspective that my parents had, of love, of them setting a limit to the time I had to eat, which may have been the only way that they had to make sure I ate/get me to eat? And if I see that situation from a perspective such as that one that may relieve my symptoms? Based on my summary, what is meant by change my perspective? I'm not sure if that means to just think of a different one (which I have thought about the previous perspective due to it being mentioned, though I don't notice a difference in symptoms) or something else?

Edited by caelanb

1 hour ago, caelanb said:

@Nahm You do understand what I am saying though, that a situation happened a while time ago which seemed to have changed my physiological reactions to stress, right?

I understand what you’re saying, and that the interpretation doesn’t feel good because it isn’t true, it’s aversion.

Believing it’s relevant if anyone else understands is focusing on thoughts about someone else, and believing that will result in feeling better, and is aversion from understanding what you’re feeling. 

“I honestly don't know what it was exactly…. …but I refused to eat because I just told myself I could not.”

Believing the thoughts which ‘say’ there are two of you, is aversion, a way of not feeling. (You can’t tell yourself anything, you are yourself). 

Believing you are experiencing reactions to stress is a way of interpreting feeling, and is not feeling, and thus is suppression, a way to not feel. 

All in all, what I understand is that you advice me to change the way I see how I look at the situation that happened?

Understand what you’re experiencing, rather than averting away from it by conceptualizing, blaming & justifying it to enable continuing to do so. 

In a way that is more empathetic to the perspective that my parents had, of love, of them setting a limit to the time I had to eat, which may have been the only way that they had to make sure I ate/get me to eat?

It’s compassionate to understand where others are coming from. Feels good. More connective than isolating, more forgiving than resenting, more understanding & loving than blaming and spiteful, more liberating than captivating. 

And if I see that situation from a perspective such as that one that may relieve my symptoms?

What would you do today if you were the parent & it was your kid? 

And why is your kid refusing to eat?  

Based on my summary, what is meant by change my perspective?

Feel better. 

I'm not sure if that means to just think of a different one (which I have thought about the previous perspective due to it being mentioned, though I don't notice a difference in symptoms) or something else?

Surely there is something you’re interested in in the present. Surely you have some desires & dreams for the future. 

I don't know how to reverse it either because I don't know what I did/what happened. I might have created some weird change in my neurology or something.

That interpretation doesn’t feel good to you, and is aversion from what you’re feeling. 

Aversion really stinks. But only until you actually smell it. 

Quit Dairy, that simple. If this doesn't do the trick, try to implement much more plantbased foods. You're welcome. 

@Nahm

On 2021-11-17 at 11:45 AM, Nahm said:

Believing it’s relevant if anyone else understands is focusing on thoughts about someone else, and believing that will result in feeling better, and is aversion from understanding what you’re feeling. 

I’m not sure what you mean here.

Believing the thoughts which ‘say’ there are two of you, is aversion, a way of not feeling. (You can’t tell yourself anything, you are yourself).

Are you talking about some non-duality? I’m not sure how that can be applied to my psychology in this situation.

Believing you are experiencing reactions to stress is a way of interpreting feeling, and is not feeling, and thus is suppression, a way to not feel. 

Understand what you’re experiencing, rather than averting away from it by conceptualizing, blaming & justifying it to enable continuing to do so.

So then what do you recommend me do? Feel into every emotion I experience while I am eating or whenever I am having the runny nose symptoms? And this would be understanding it?

It’s compassionate to understand where others are coming from. Feels good. More connective than isolating, more forgiving than resenting, more understanding & loving than blaming and spiteful, more liberating than captivating. 

I can see how that works, I just have just not had enough compassion is what you’re saying? And you can only understand something through experiencing it?

And so in a hypothetical situation, if I was able to understand where they were coming from through feeling into my emotions then all of my problems will likely go away?

What would you do today if you were the parent & it was your kid? 

I would want to do the same thing as they did, so get the kid to get somehow, but I would probably regret the situation that put the kid through a situation that led him/her to have a chronically annoying symptom (if it happened). I think the latter because I am experiencing it on a daily basis and it’s causing a bit of suffering, and because of this I would probably regret it if I was them.

And why is your kid refusing to eat?

He/she wants to lose weight, be skinny, and chase related unhealthy body image goals, the common stuff with eating disorders; What I think it was for me. However, it did slightly change a bit from when it first came about (it was more exercise related), however, it’s the general reason. Side note, my parents also thought that Leo was the one who I influenced eating issues from (because he is a pretty thin man and I started talking to them about him approximately the same time (within a year of I think) that my eating issues arose).

Feel better. 

I’m assuming emotional and physically.

Surely there is something you’re interested in in the present. Surely you have some desires & dreams for the future.

Well, to be honest with you, I don’t really have any long term visions. Just taking courses in a field of interest but not anything like a life purpose which Leo talks about. I am thinking of asking for the Life Purpose course for my birthday or Christmas, but I doubt I’m gonna get it. But yeah, I have no long term vision, and I am aware that I could be shooting myself in the foot (nothing truly grounding me I guess), but I don’t see many other options that won’t be f*cking terribly difficult to pursue (or at least none at the moment I don't).

That interpretation doesn’t feel good to you, and is aversion from what you’re feeling. 

It doesn’t feel good to me because it causes me physical symptoms, is that what you mean?

Aversion really stinks. But only until you actually smell it.

The aversion that you’re talking about is me saying 'something happened a long time ago’ (if so, this must be a strong one, because I keep on talking about it) as well as me not having felt into those emotions I feel whenever I am experiencing the symptom?

@Johnny Brake

On 2021-11-17 at 1:33 PM, Johnny Brake said:

Quit Dairy

I tried this once for some other purpose, but it did not work.

On 2021-11-17 at 1:33 PM, Johnny Brake said:

try to implement much more plantbased foods.

I would say I have a relatively plant based diet, with the exception of meat (red meat or fish) once a week, dairy daily and eggs every couple of days. Though, I never had this problem when I was eating way more meat and dairy at other times in the past.

I’m not sure what you mean here.

Inspect what you’re experiencing. Let thinking about others go. 

Are you talking about some non-duality? I’m not sure how that can be applied to my psychology in this situation.

It doesn’t need to be.  

So then what do you recommend me do? Feel into every emotion I experience while I am eating or whenever I am having the runny nose symptoms? And this would be understanding it?

What emotion are you experiencing when you think of the eating and nose issue?

It doesn’t feel good to me because it causes me physical symptoms, is that what you mean?

No. When you think about it, it doesn’t feel good to you. Choose a different way of thinking about it. 

The aversion that you’re talking about is me saying 'something happened a long time ago’ (if so, this must be a strong one, because I keep on talking about it) as well as me not having felt into those emotions I feel whenever I am experiencing the symptom?

No. In the simplest sense, I mean avoiding feeling, and overthinking.  

On 10/31/2021 at 4:32 PM, caelanb said:

Will respond in here in bold, but as a summary, no offence seems like you aren't prepared to try much so how do you expect it to change?

@LfcCharlie4

I guess I can try that, I've never heard of that book. I never thought that one could clear their own nose with breathing exercises, I thought you had to blow your nose or eat something really spicy for you to be able to clear it. I usually do breath trough my nose. My athletic performance is pretty good I would say, but there is always the possibility of improvement.

Read it, he had severe asthma himself & its an amazing book

I don't feel comfortable taping my nose at night. Plus, my mouth isn't usually dry when I wake up in the morning.

Why? I get the hesitation, but even without the dry mouth, it helps massively, this podcast clip explains- Deeper sleep etc

I do clear my nose as much as I can whenever I blow it, but there is always still a little bit of plugging present. I've never used/heard of a saline spray, so I'd have to go check it out.

I've never used an air purifier, nor do I no the technical details about what it actually does. No one smokes in my house, so I am lucky about that. Even if I did, from my experience, smokers tend to go outside to smoke.

Purifies the air, dust, dirt etc, wouldn't live without one anymore

I have heard of Wim Hod and his method but I don't feel comfortable doing the method. This is because I'm not quite sure how my mind or body will respond it; I've seen videos of people going into pretty weird states while doing his breathing exercises (he was around to help these people though). I do take cold showers once a week, I take deep breaths when I step into the water if that counts for anything. So essentially, I don't do the Wim Hof method, but I take cold showers while breathing pretty deeply (for the first 30 or so seconds of being exposed to cold water). I did a 30 day cold shower challenge and I did not like it because it was very uncomfortable, so cold showers everyday is not my type of thing, at least not at the moment. Plus, it was in the middle of winter, so the cold winter made it even worse.

Yeah, its supposed to be uncomfortable haha. Its winter here but the benefits are endless honestly, not just health but the discipline of cold showers. 

Wim's 10 minute guided breathing on YT could be a good place to start, usually he takes it to the extreme with people tbh, your daily practice likely won't be that intense 

I have no allergies from my knowledge, however, I do have digestive issues that I have been trying to deal with. It may be IBS, but whatever it is, the digestive issue doesn't seem to be correlated in any way to my nose plugging issue. My digestive issue is much more recent than the nose plugging issue. Even if my diet was the culprit, I'd have no idea how to go about cleaning it, because I consider my diet to be already pretty clean, however, there is some bias in that.

@Michael569 is the guy for this, sorted out most my health issues, including this

I don't have access to a sauna or steam room, plus they're probably really expensive to go to. Do you have your own sauna? I have heard of positive health benefits of using saunas ( from Dr.Rhonda Patrick). Though, I don't know how much scientific evidence there is that validate the positive health benefits of a Sauna, or extreme temperature exposures. I also don't know how strong the evidence is that support the use of sauna.

Just at my Gym, I bought an infrared Sauna blanket over lockdown, so that could be your best option. 

Its one habit I will never give up, you just always feel amazing after a good Sauna. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Nahm

On 2021-11-29 at 1:48 PM, Nahm said:

Inspect what you’re experiencing. Let thinking about others go. 

Inspect the nose symptoms that I experience? What is meant by 'inspect'? Let thinking of others go with respect to the situation? Not for my life in general, right? But the thinking that ‘someone else put in a time limit that I purposely (and stupidly) did not manage well, leading me into a situation that I feel symptoms of daily’? If that’s what you mean, it’s challenging to wrap my head around that, because it is, kinda, what happened. Are there any good ways of doing so?

It doesn’t need to be.  

Okay, I thought you were bringing it in.

What emotion are you experiencing when you think of the eating and nose issue?

When I think about eating I get a little bit annoyed because I know that whenever I eat I get at least a small amount of nose related issues. It varies in intensity depending upon how quickly I eat and the stress levels that I am experiencing while I do eat. I also get a little frustrated, because my parents seem to care much less about the symptoms I experience than I do (they just say ‘I’m sorry, but what do you want me to do about it?’). I do understand their position to a certain extent, because they and I can no longer do anything about it (change what happened).

No. When you think about it, it doesn’t feel good to you. Choose a different way of thinking about it. 

Well, if I chose a different way of thinking about the situation then it may not be accurate to what really happened. That’s what I would suspect, because the way I think about it now comes from how I saw/see it. If I look at it in a different perspective then I may be painting a pretty picture even when the real story may not be so pretty. Would there be a way that I could look at in a better way that actually fits the event and to remember it in a positive way, and thus leading me to reduce my symptoms? How do I do so and actually believe it ( have my story right now of what happened that I believe quite strongly because I have held it for many years)?

No. In the simplest sense, I mean avoiding feeling, and overthinking.

So then, I stop thinking about what happened and start feeling into the emotions that I experience when I am having nose issues? I do also seem  to experience my sinuses working slightly differently than they did before the event occurred (could be placebo though). It’s not radical, but it feels a little different, however that is probably irrelevant.

Just now, caelanb said:

Inspect the nose symptoms that I experience? What is meant by 'inspect'? Let thinking of others go with respect to the situation? Not for my life in general, right? But the thinking that ‘someone else put in a time limit that I purposely (and stupidly) did not manage well, leading me into a situation that I feel symptoms of daily’? If that’s what you mean, it’s challenging to wrap my head around that, because it is, kinda, what happened. Are there any good ways of doing so?

Someone else putting in a time limit is thinking about someone else. Bring attention to the one who wouldn’t eat. What will be found is the root of the symptoms is not someone else. That one can move on. While that one’s moving on is believed to be contingent upon someone else, one experiences not moving on, but contingency. Let your folks of the hook. They were doing their best in response to your behavior. None of us are perfect my friend. 

One good way of inspecting imo is understanding the emotions experienced, and recognizing emotion as guidance. In regard to this, and all matters. Blame is an emotion experienced. The admittance & recognize of worry feels just a pinch better. Admittance of experiencing the emotion of doubt, even better. Noticing this leads to disappointed, is like putting down a weight you’ve been carrying, which often leads only to ending up overwhelmed, resulting in frustration & impatience. From this emotional experience, pessimism does indeed arise. And yet, boredom feels significantly better than pessimism. 

6 minutes ago, caelanb said:

Okay, I thought you were bringing it in.

Bring this ? in. This is infallible. There is great love for you and your folks, and every which way therein. 

7 minutes ago, caelanb said:

When I think about eating I get a little bit annoyed because I know that whenever I eat I get at least a small amount of nose related issues. It varies in intensity depending upon how quickly I eat and the stress levels that I am experiencing while I do eat. I also get a little frustrated, because my parents seem to care much less about the symptoms I experience than I do (they just say ‘I’m sorry, but what do you want me to do about it?’). I do understand their position to a certain extent, because they and I can no longer do anything about it (change what happened).

Perhaps the nose issue is directly related to annoyance, and perhaps annoyance is still thinking about something outside yourself, such as your parents and or food. Maybe the emotions you are experiencing are frustration, irritation, and impatience. 

Meditative eating

Try this ?? The Loophole Shake. Loaded with nutrients, raw foods, enzymes, etc, and I call it ‘loophole’ cause it’s actually cheaper than just about all comparative alternatives, and imo, it tastes great. For a while I made whatever I was used to eating and the shake. In the direct experience(s) of taste, energy & feeling, I was naturally no longer interested in the old food choices. And I am saying that having learned to make a steak better than any restaurant I’d ever been to. Shake tastes better, I feel better. (Loophole-ish in that way). Also takes five minutes to make, and leaves only a single cup to clean up. More time for whatever you’re interested in. FYI, I eat other stuff too. Mostly fruits, veggies, etc. Healthy snacks basically. And at the same time, I’m eating whatever I want to eat. 

17 minutes ago, caelanb said:

I also get a little frustrated, because my parents seem to care much less about the symptoms I experience than I do (they just say ‘I’m sorry, but what do you want me to do about it?’). I do understand their position to a certain extent, because they and I can no longer do anything about it (change what happened).

Dude, they care. Stop applying contingency. Stop breaking their hearts and their balls. Life is too short & love is too great. Let “positions” go = moving on = healing. There is no need to change what happened. It’s only a thought now, a memory. Let it go. Change what can be changed, let go of what can not. If I were in your shoes, I’d simply apologize, and then with that weight lifted, I’d kick ass just a bit for in this life for having done so. I’d be more in communion with my parents too, which is really nice feeling. At this point, we’ve all let our positions go, and we’re all rejoicing with & celebrating within the acknowledgement of our shared Being. ? In, of and as the only ‘thing’ that matters. 

22 minutes ago, caelanb said:

Well, if I chose a different way of thinking about the situation then it may not be accurate to what really happened.

So what? You’re not feeling what happened my good man, you’re feeling the thoughts now, the interpretation now. Don’t be stubborn. Admit & acknowledge to yourself so to speak that there is nothing you want or desire, more than, feeling amazing. Let interpretations & positions go. Don’t strive to win, let nonsense (discordant interpretations) go and feel amazing, one ‘little bit better at a time’ (use the emotional scale). 

That’s what I would suspect, because the way I think about it now comes from how I saw/see it. If I look at it in a different perspective then I may be painting a pretty picture even when the real story may not be so pretty.

For real my man, let it go already. Listen to the body, to the symptoms. Look around you right now. The room, the stuff. Look outside. Look up at the infinite sky. See the actual picture. See the actual beauty. Breathe it in, feel it. The “real story” isn’t real at all, it’s just one interpretation. This, right now (look around), this is the real story. Your life. That matters more to you than a nonexistent past. Care more about how you feel right now than being right about a past. 

Would there be a way that I could look at in a better way that actually fits the event and to remember it in a positive way, and thus leading me to reduce my symptoms? How do I do so and actually believe it ( have my story right now of what happened that I believe quite strongly because I have held it for many years)?

Imo, don’t resort to belief. Apologize for not eating. Your parents, when done crying at the exemplification of unconditional love, will highly likely do the same, and state they were just doing what any parent would do to help their child. Allow our infinite being and the true nature therein, into your home, into your heart, into your household, simple by aligning in feeling, and letting go of the discord (suffering) of stubbornness. Notice, feeling amazing is what is most desired, and no one is ‘winning’ in how you’ve been going about this. Do so and witness a miracle, that of the body rectifying the symptoms. The body is well being itself so to speak, simply apologize, feel the release, in in doing so you will see for yourself what ‘getting out of your own way’ really is. 

33 minutes ago, caelanb said:

So then, I stop thinking about what happened and start feeling into the emotions that I experience when I am having nose issues?

Yes - and also, not ‘just while experiencing the symptoms’… every second of every day until you simple can not handle anymore Truth. ? It is ok - it is Good - to release, to cry, to let go. To apologize, to forgive. That is what wisdom is. Be wise. 

33 minutes ago, caelanb said:

I do also seem  to experience my sinuses working slightly differently than they did before the event occurred (could be placebo though). It’s not radical, but it feels a little different, however that is probably irrelevant.

It’s not placebo, it’s not irrelevant. It’s guidance. Keep ‘listening’. ?? 

You’re doing great btw. I know it’s not easy sometimes. But when you start allowing the guidance in, it does all get more and more effortless, and some rather amazing feelings do ensue. 

@Nahm @TheSomeBody @Mada_ I got a neti pot for Christmas, so I’m going to give it a try and see if it helps. I will admit that I have been slightly procrastinating to use it since I got it, because I fear that it will not work. And if it does not, then it would be unfortunate. But if it does, then yay:D

17 hours ago, caelanb said:

@Nahm @TheSomeBody @Mada_ I got a neti pot for Christmas, so I’m going to give it a try and see if it helps. I will admit that I have been slightly procrastinating to use it since I got it, because I fear that it will not work. And if it does not, then it would be unfortunate. But if it does, then yay:D

just remember that if it doesnt works the first time then try again with synergy

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

You depressed OP?

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

It could be LPR, or silent reflux. Stress will cause the stomach to reflux. People who lead stressful lives or are wired from a young age to have a more sympathetic dominant nervous system can suffer from all sorts of chronic health problems such as reflux, gastropsresis, "chronic Lyme," IBS, fibromyalgia, etc...these are all diseases of the autonomic nervous system in many cases, caused by psychological stress.

Loss of appetite is a symptom of stress related conditions also. The fix is rewiring yourself to be parasympathetic while at rest. This can be done by quitting screens and other bad habits like drugs/alcohol, mindful or open focus meditation, laughter/ social connections, deep breathing, proper sleep schedule and carcadian rhythm, and pursing eudonia instead of hedonism.  You need to really relax during your downtime...screens are not necessarily relaxing they can stimulate the nervous system (video games, violent TV content)

It can take some time for the change to happen....weeks to months of changing habits entirely for hours per day....

A lot of people who have hair trigger emotional responses like Antonio Brown of Tampa Bay, modern day incels, and in general anyone who feels insecure, angry, jealous, etc. in life have some level of sympathetic dominance.  This really only totally goes away when someone becomes totally accepting of what is in their lives. Easier said than done. ;) I might direct some people here to this article...

https://www.woujo.com/blog/2020/12/29/woujos-guide-to-anxiety-and-depression

Edited by sholomar

@Nahm

On 2021-12-14 at 1:17 PM, Nahm said:

That one can move on. While that one’s moving on is believed to be contingent upon someone else, one experiences not moving on, but contingency.

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. What is ‘one’ and ‘one’s’ referring to?

Let your folks of the hook. They were doing their best in response to your behavior.

I'm kinda struggling with this part. This is because if the time was not there in the first place, or it was adjusted to reduce the stress if it got too tight (it was at certain meals, but not this meal), my nose would be fine and this thread would not have been started in the first place. This is assuming that some other event would not have triggered the same response sometime in the future to happen. The biggest roadblock/challenge for me in forgiving whichever parent was there at the time, based on my interpretation of what you are saying is what I just said (‘_’) above, which is essentially the crux of the entire story, just off the top of my head.

None of us are perfect my friend. 

Agreed, I’m probably leaning more towards the not so perfect side because of how sh*tty I am curing my issue. A little bit of self-deprecation hopefully won’t hurt in the long run.

One good way of inspecting imo is understanding the emotions experienced, and recognizing emotion as guidance.

I see.

In regard to this, and all matters. Blame is an emotion experienced. The admittance & recognize of worry feels just a pinch better. Admittance of experiencing the emotion of doubt, even better. Noticing this leads to disappointed, is like putting down a weight you’ve been carrying, which often leads only to ending up overwhelmed, resulting in frustration & impatience. From this emotional experience, pessimism does indeed arise. And yet, boredom feels significantly better than pessimism. 

I think there are two different emotions that arise at two different times. Blame/frustration is one of them which I experience while thinking about the response that I get when I eat. The other one, which likely occurs while I am eating, is possibly the emotion that triggered the stuffiness and runniness, though I am not sure. This is because when my nose remained clear whether I was stressed or not as I ate many years ago, I experienced the same emotions that I do right now (or at least that’s what I remember), it’s just that now certain physiological or/and emotional events that I experience in my body seem to trigger the runniness and stuffiness in my nose.

Honestly, I’m not sure how I can experimentally go though that which you described. Do I just think about how I feel towards my parents relative to the event and then somehow go identify, accept, and let go of the emotion letting the next more positive emotion on an emotional scale arise and do the same thing? If so, considering how weakly I feel the emotion of blame when I think about whatever triggers it. And how little time I have spent sitting on my own feeling into my emotions, this would be very difficult to do, but who knows I’m just speculating. I guess dealing with blame (or whatever emotion arises) will help me forgive my parents for what happened, but then, would I do the same thing for whatever emotion (if any) arises when my nose actually begins to get stuffy and runny? I feel like the latter would be more physiological and/or neurological than emotional, so there may not be any emotion that comes up, and if there is, it may not actually be triggering the issue.

@Nahm

Bring this ? in. This is infallible. There is great love for you and your folks, and every which way therein. 

Perhaps I don’t love my parents as much as I should. But since it happened a long time ago, I’ve kind of let it go to a certain extent. Do you mean to hug them more?

Perhaps the nose issue is directly related to annoyance, and perhaps annoyance is still thinking about something outside yourself, such as your parents and or food. Maybe the emotions you are experiencing are frustration, irritation, and impatience. 

Could be. Maybe a mix of blame, frustration, impatience and annoyance, or only one or a few of them. They sound pretty accurate; negative emotions towards my parents.

When it comes to actually eating casually day to day, I don’t think I experience those emotions, however, at least not that I can remember.

I have found that if I eat mindfully (or at least what I think is mindful), to the point where I feel next to little stress, then my nose doesn’t get very runny, it is significantly reduced. The thing is, it takes a lot of slowing down to do so. I have also found that if I actually distract myself somehow from what I am eating, to watching something for example, it helps too. Pretty much (based on my current experience), when I am hungry and I taste food, sometimes I start to eat faster, and the nose issue comes in. So, anything that makes me slow down (either distraction or slowing down a lot) has helped, but as soon as I accelerate, the runniness comes and I have to clean out my nose. It also occurs when I brush my teeth, so it’s not exclusive to eating.

Try this ?? The Loophole Shake. Loaded with nutrients, raw foods, enzymes, etc, and I call it ‘loophole’ cause it’s actually cheaper than just about all comparative alternatives, and imo, it tastes great. For a while I made whatever I was used to eating and the shake. In the direct experience(s) of taste, energy & feeling, I was naturally no longer interested in the old food choices. And I am saying that having learned to make a steak better than any restaurant I’d ever been to. Shake tastes better, I feel better. (Loophole-ish in that way). Also takes five minutes to make, and leaves only a single cup to clean up. More time for whatever you’re interested in. FYI, I eat other stuff too. Mostly fruits, veggies, etc. Healthy snacks basically. And at the same time, I’m eating whatever I want to eat. 

Thank you for the recipe, but tbh I am not a super big fan of blending my food or drinking shakes. I prefer to eat my food without blending. A few years ago, at the beginning of my weight gain I did make shakes, but I did not enjoy them very much so I switched to no shakes. I think the Loophole shake is similar to what I used to do, I added dairy milk though. I don’t exactly remember what I put in my shakes though, but peanut butter… you can’t forget that lol.

Do you have a Mediterranean based diet? There is, from what I have heard a lot of research supporting it. Fruits, veggies and a bit of steak are part of it, so you must be following it to a certain extent. I don’t snack, I just eat three meals a day.

Dude, they care. Stop applying contingency. Stop breaking their hearts and their balls. Life is too short & love is too great. Let “positions” go = moving on = healing. There is no need to change what happened. It’s only a thought now, a memory. Let it go. Change what can be changed, let go of what can not.

What do you mean by contingency and balls here? Maybe I am just projecting on them how much I think they care. A possibility is that I think they should show more sympathy for what I am having to deal with, but they have not properly communicated the sympathy that they feel. Or maybe, they communicated the little sympathy that they have which is not a lot. 

If I were in your shoes, I’d simply apologize, and then with that weight lifted, I’d kick ass just a bit for in this life for having done so.

What do I apologize for? Blaming, being frustrated, annoyed and so on with them? That would be difficult to do. However, I feel like I could live with a little bit of negative emotions because they have not been bothersome, but the nose is something that has been bothersome. I’d have to think about how to apologize to them, and what it would be about, and since they have done so to me, then maybe I should do the same to them. I think to me, it’s just that the nose issue deserves more of an apology than what I have done to them. Plus, they never really asked for an apology, so they might be confused about what I am apologizing for.

I’d be more in communion with my parents too, which is really nice feeling. At this point, we’ve all let our positions go, and we’re all rejoicing with & celebrating within the acknowledgement of our shared Being. ? In, of and as the only ‘thing’ that matters. 

I mean it sounds nice, it seems difficult and very abstract though, even if I attempted to do it, I think I would probably have the negative emotions come back later. The first thing I thought about when I read rejoicing and celebrating is partying together or something like that, but I don’t think that’s what you mean, it’s more of an inner thing then an outer thing. Also, the shared being that you speak of would make almost no sense to my parents, and only little to me, I’m assuming this is referring to non-duality? Even if you still had the same nose issues after doing this, would it be better than not doing so?

I had the same problem for years. When I cut out gluten and sugar, it went away completely. Also my excruciating sciatica pain. I didn't take any medication.

On 1/6/2022 at 0:46 PM, caelanb said:

Perhaps I don’t love my parents as much as I should. But since it happened a long time ago, I’ve kind of let it go to a certain extent. Do you mean to hug them more?

It would suffice to focus on something else. That way the blame can fizzle out. Also, yes, you should appreciate them, and hug them, and tell them you’re sorry and that you love them. It’s cohesive with you moving on in many ways. It’s not required, but why wouldn’t anyone really. 

On 1/5/2022 at 1:09 PM, caelanb said:

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. What is ‘one’ and ‘one’s’ referring to?

More or less, you. You move on, by letting go of continuing to focus on, what doesn’t even feel good, to you. 

I'm kinda struggling with this part. This is because if the time was not there in the first place, or it was adjusted to reduce the stress if it got too tight (it was at certain meals, but not this meal), my nose would be fine and this thread would not have been started in the first place. This is assuming that some other event would not have triggered the same response sometime in the future to happen. The biggest roadblock/challenge for me in forgiving whichever parent was there at the time, based on my interpretation of what you are saying is what I just said (‘_’) above, which is essentially the crux of the entire story, just off the top of my head.

I’d use paper & pencil and write down why you’re still focusing on this. What it is you want out of it, so you can move on / focus on what does feel good to you to focus on. 

Agreed, I’m probably leaning more towards the not so perfect side because of how sh*tty I am curing my issue. A little bit of self-deprecation hopefully won’t hurt in the long run.

There’s no long run really. You’re focusing on those thoughts now, or not at all. Maybe the issue is the focusing on it, and if so, writing what you want out of this on paper helps clarify. Don’t ask about it though. The clarity arises only in actually doing it. Write until you know exactly what it is you need or want. If you’re willing & earnest about that writing, you might end up not needing or wanting anything other than to feel great, and for your folks to feel great to. That’s all I want for the three of ya. Maybe join the club. :)

I think there are two different emotions that arise at two different times. Blame/frustration is one of them…….. which I experience while thinking about the response that I get when I eat. The other one, which likely occurs while I am eating, is possibly the emotion that triggered the stuffiness and runniness, though I am not sure. This is because when my nose remained clear whether I was stressed or not as I ate many years ago, I experienced the same emotions that I do right now (or at least that’s what I remember), it’s just that now certain physiological or/and emotional events that I experience in my body seem to trigger the runniness and stuffiness in my nose.

Honestly, I’m not sure how I can experimentally go though that which you described. Do I just think about how I feel towards my parents relative to the event and then somehow go identify, accept, and let go of the emotion letting the next more positive emotion on an emotional scale arise and do the same thing? If so, considering how weakly I feel the emotion of blame when I think about whatever triggers it. And how little time I have spent sitting on my own feeling into my emotions, this would be very difficult to do, but who knows I’m just speculating. I guess dealing with blame (or whatever emotion arises) will help me forgive my parents for what happened, but then, would I do the same thing for whatever emotion (if any) arises when my nose actually begins to get stuffy and runny? I feel like the latter would be more physiological and/or neurological than emotional, so there may not be any emotion that comes up, and if there is, it may not actually be triggering the issue.

….. then go to the next emotion on the scale and willingly express that you do sometimes feel it. Then the next one. That could be one sentence. Keep it simple. 

What do I apologize for?

Closure. Freedom. For you. For your moving on / no longer focusing on this. 

I mean it sounds nice, it seems difficult and very abstract though

I’m a parent. I’m responsible for money, food, and a lot of practical support. I can help my kids to feel better emotionally and I often do, but I can also get in the way of their communion with source by doing so. The real goodness is within them. And me too. And you too. And your parents too. What you’ve been doing is working, as in, isn’t resulting in you feeling amazing all the time. So try something else… like you are with using the scale…. And also try just talking to your parents, from the sincere place of acknowledging all you really want, is the same thing which is all they really want, which is feeling this love of our source. This means willingness to let go, to apologize, to forgive, to move on in love. 

Bananas and peaches do this to me. It could be related to a deviated septum as well (especially if you’ve ever broken your nose), as it was in my case.

Edited by The0Self

It sounds like an allergy, e.g. the blockage could be polyps from the allergy. I had the same symptoms and didn't think I had an allergy. Then five years ago it got much worse. I experimented with my diet and realised I had an allergy to eggs, chicken, and wine. I still consume those things occasionally, but it triggers the allergy. Then I spray Rhinocort, and it clears up in about 2 hours. Some people say Rhinocort only works for a while then it stops working. I think it's because they take too much. I took three squirts in each nostril for two days to knock out the bad case five years ago, but then only on squirt in each nose when needed. If just one nostril is blocked, I will just do one squirt in that nostril. It has been working for five years. Changed my life. Pity doctors didn't pick it up when I was young. I just thought I was susceptible to colds and flus when it was allergy all along.