SS10

Question For Leo

34 posts in this topic

Hi All / Leo,

I recently watched Leos episode on 'Why valuable things develop over time', I enjoyed how you explained the importance of escaping wage slavery / how you did it etc.

How did you develop yourself, study, understand reality etc, whilst paying rent for where you lived? Did you work a job during your 20s whilst self-actualising? How did you balance survival needs with working on your life purpose?

Parents helped him at first?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Parents paid for me till the end of college. Then I got a job as a game designer. Did that for 1 year, got paid $45k/yr there. Then started my own online biz and started earning 6 figures within 2 years of that. Have earned 6 figures ever since.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Parents paid for me till the end of college. Then I got a job as a game designer. Did that for 1 year, got paid $45k/yr there. Then started my own online biz and started earning 6 figures within 2 years of that. Have earned 6 figures ever since.

Never had a part time job during uni?

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Then started my own online biz and 

Which online biz are you talking about? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

48 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

Never had a part time job during uni?

No

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Have earned 6 figures ever since.

It seems to me that you worked heavily on your foundations first in order to achieve that level of success for so many years. As I recall you started your self-help journey with Tony Robbins.

How much reprogramming of your subconscious mind and visualization did you do? In other words, how much stage orange self-help stuff did you do to change your inner world? Is this crucial as many self-help gurus say?

Which changes resulted in the most powerful or best results?

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

6 hours ago, Superfluo said:

It seems to me that you worked heavily on your foundations first in order to achieve that level of success for so many years. As I recall you started your self-help journey with Tony Robbins.

How much reprogramming of your subconscious mind and visualization did you do? In other words, how much stage orange self-help stuff did you do to change your inner world? Is this crucial as many self-help gurus say?

Yes, I did a ton of that.

Which changes resulted in the most powerful or best results?

Too long to go into here.

5 hours ago, coca said:

@Leo Gura did u live in the dorms or at home and commute?

At home and commute. And had an apartment and commute.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura How do you think your life would've unfolded if you parents couldn't afford to support you through university and you had to go work some job?

4 hours ago, coca said:

@Leo Gura when/why did u move out?

Actually it's my parents who moved out to a different state while I was still living at home and going to uni. It didn't make sense to switch universities so I got an apartment.

4 hours ago, SS10 said:

@Leo Gura How do you think your life would've unfolded if you parents couldn't afford to support you through university and you had to go work some job?

It would have been a lot worse since I would have gotten stuck in wage slavery and unable to develop my game design skills. And that nearly happened since my parents were nearly out of money. I squeezed by just in time. Things could have gone horribly wrong.

@Leo Gura Isn't it interesting how just one small action like that changes the course of everything, it's almost as if your life was designed to awaken, and to avoid or mitigate things that would have been in conflict with that.  I worked as a game tester for Nintendo back in the day, it was not a fun job.  Very monotonous.  

Now you're a spiritually developed, rich, famous YouTuber that people look up to and want to emulate and you have the freedom to do what you want with your life.

That's pretty sweet.

@Leo Gura You made over a million dollars in your first online business?! what was this business exactly? or you just talking about actualized.org?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Leo Gura Why did you just quit on video games designing after you invested a lot of time in developing your skills? did you figure that life coaching was the real deal for you?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Leo Gura I'm pretty positive I know what game dev you use to work for. I'll refrain from mentioning it on the forum since I've never seen you publicly state it. But, if it truly is the case you have (most likely) worked on one of my favorite game series given the time period, which I find pretty awesome, and I'll also refrain from saying what series it is.

@Nos7algiK He mentioned it a lot actually. He made a mode for oblivion and also worked with bioshock team.

5 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Nos7algiK He mentioned it a lot actually. He made a mode for oblivion and also worked with bioshock team.

Alright then just wanted to make sure out of respect. I've heard him talk about the Oblivion mods, but not working for Irrational Games. Still really neat though, all the Bioshocks are fucking awesome. :)

2 hours ago, Loba said:

@Leo Gura Isn't it interesting how just one small action like that changes the course of everything

One small change and you would be in Iraq chopping peoples heads off.

2 hours ago, Loba said:

Now you're a spiritually developed, rich, famous YouTuber that people look up to and want to emulate and you have the freedom to do what you want with your life.

Yeah, but none of that produces happiness.

2 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura You made over a million dollars in your first online business?! what was this business exactly? or you just talking about actualized.org?

No, not that much.

Not Actualized.org, another biz.

2 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura Why did you just quit on video games designing after you invested a lot of time in developing your skills?

I didn't quit. I quit working for a boss. The reason I quit was to make my own indie games that could never be made otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

Alright then just wanted to make sure out of respect. I've heard him talk about the Oblivion mods, but not working for Irrational Games. Still really neat though, all the Bioshocks are fucking awesome. :)

I don't deserve any credit for the Bioshock games. My contribution was minimal. Although I did advocate for the female companion on Bioshock Infinite. That was like my one contribition. It was a rip-off from Half-Life 2 which I had just played.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't deserve any credit for the Bioshock games. My contribution was minimal. Although I did advocate for the female companion on Bioshock Infinite. That was like my one contribition. It was a rip-off from Half-Life 2 which I had just played.

Alright, fair enough. Half-Life 2 was a serious game changer. Honest question, even if it's a meme question: Do you think we will ever see Half-Life 3 or do you think Valve makes so many oodles of cash with Steam that they can't be bothered to give it to us?

Edited by Nos7algiK