Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James12345

Self = Wanter

43 posts in this topic

Try to stop wanting for a week. For instance, if you love weekends and hate working, stop that want, make it as working has no differences than being off. Do this on everything that you want for a week. See the results. What does the ego will do? 

25 minutes ago, James12345 said:

Try to stop wanting for a week. For instance, if you love weekends and hate working, stop that want, make it as working has no differences than being off. Do this on everything that you want for a week. See the results. What does the ego will do? 

Why would one want to do this?

And by ego do you mean being egotistical or having an individual self? Best wishes :)

Edited by CuriousityIsKey

4 minutes ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

Why would one want to do this?

And by ego do you mean being egotistical or having an individual self? Best wishes :)

Because, this is the path. root of ego is wanting one from another. Reason of separation is the ego. Not 2, all is 1. 

Best wishes to you too?

1 hour ago, James12345 said:

What does the ego will do? 

try to stop everything including thought process for a few moments try to sit still and just be, now try to find the ego! try as hard as you can, if you do this with intensity you'll realize that no matter how hard you try you just can't! ego is not an entity! ego is the consequence when the light of awareness (you) is not there.

so ego won't do anything since it doesn't really exist! :)

Edited by m0hsen

8 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

stop everything including thought process for a few moments try to sit still and just be, now try to find the ego!

Hi. You are right. However, what I mentioned is completely dissolving the ego. Not for a second. Of course if you can do that you can never find the so called ego, every moment,  i am happy for you. ?

I momentarily misread the title as 'Self = Wanker'.

Ahem! - projecting, much?! :S

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

Desire to stop desiring!

I was trying to mention, love the working as the weekends. Imo, trying to stop is much difficult but loving every situation is must easier. Thats what worked on me. 

39 minutes ago, RickyFitts said:

I momentarily misread the title as 'Self = Wanker'.

Ahem! - projecting, much?! :S

? maybe not concentrate enough and more about thinking? 

try to make it the same for you that they tell you that you have won the lottery, or that you have cancer ... if you can. then there is no ego and you are in heaven

11 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

try to make it the same for you that they tell you that you have won the lottery, or that you have cancer ... if you can. then there is no ego and you are in heaven

Believe me, i do ?? but there is no more me, just the moment ???

Edited by James12345

Believe me, i do ?? but there is no more me, just the moment ???

I believe, it is possible in meditation

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

I believe, it is possible in meditation

And i have no idea why, but i cant stop laughing, body behaves so funny lol ? 

everyone behaves so serious like someone in the body, try to achieve something. Or THEY KNOW WHAT THEY WANT. And if they cant get it, they will hurt you or me or someone else feelings vsvs Lol ?? 

Edited by James12345

Money and life are seen as good, and cancer and death are seen as bad for that which believes its alive.

When suffering and bliss are seen as equal where can a problem arise and manifest.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

when there is no difference between good and bad, and it is seen that anything is equal to something else, and neither means anything, the doors of perception open, to the extent that preference disappears. They were closed by preference, necessary to survive

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

When suffering and bliss are seen as equal where can a problem arise and manifest.

58 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

when there is no difference between good and bad, and it is seen that anything is equal to something else, and neither means anything, the doors of perception open, to the extent that preference disappears. T

Definitely, than love starts. Completely surrendering. 

1 hour ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

Instructions unclear.. This is what my ego came up with as a result of your question x>

????? i was just trying to say, whatever you hate try to love it the most. For everything, try to love and respect everything like as you, and see what will your ego do? The neighbor you hate, work, your families misbehavior against you, being sick, going to hospital, feeling pain, someone who is trying manipulate you, waking up in the mornings vsvs. ?? 

The freedom that's being pointed to here does not have stipulations or should and should nots.

It's literally being okay with not liking someone, or a job or a religion exc....

It's not like a denial saying everything is actually just great while your house is burning down and your sisters getting raped.

And it's most certainly not becoming a meditating pacifist letting people walk all over you and such.

Its like an underlying peace of being with the situation(because that's what's happening) weather that shows up as anger, frustration, confusion, happiness or sadness and then adjusting to the apparent predicament as needed without creating a big drawn-out personalized story about what should or should not have happened.(Eckhart Tolle actually has a lot of good information in this area).

And it's not that there's anything wrong with creating a long drawn-out personalized story.... it's recognizing the one creating this personalized story isn't real.

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

It's not like a denial saying everything is actually just great while your house is burning down and your sisters getting raped.

This is a thought. Just surrender, i will see you when the love hits ?

It's literally being okay with not liking someone, or a job or a religion exc....

Truth has no judgments nor criteria whatsoever. 

And it's most certainly not becoming a meditating pacifist letting people walk all over you and such.

If you love everyone as you. They wont walkover you, sooner or later your calmness, smoothness and kindness will effect them. Not liking can never change anyone, but love does changes it brother. Love everything, you will be free. No more judgments ❤️☺️

30 minutes ago, James12345 said:

Love everything, you will be free. No more judgments ❤️☺️

Well the individual attempting to be free is an illusion. Freedom is the unconditional love for everything exactly the way it is which includes the judgments, the happiness, the fear, the confusion, the anger, the bliss..... Freedom is that free completely all inclusive. 

It's so close it seems hidden which is why Tony Parsons describes it as the Open Secret. ❤