Avi

Green Tea Everyday?

21 posts in this topic

I was looking into buying a cast iron kettle when I thought of posting this topic to my fellow actualizers! 

I wanted to get some of your thoughts on the health benefits of different types of tea. What types of tea do you drink? Do you drink tea everyday? Better before meditation or after or all day through out? 

I can't believe myself sometimes. 

Any kind of tea (which contains theine) should be drunk in moderation - a bit like coffee. 

(Green tea in large quantities with deplete you of Iron :( )

*no more than 1-2 cups per day

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

37 minutes ago, Ayla said:

(Green tea in large quantities with deplete you of Iron :( )

I did not know this...

I can't believe myself sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Avi said:

I did not know this...

Look it up ... I didn't either until I became anemic lol :P

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

what means large quantities? I advice you to rather drink different kind of herbal teas depending on what do you need from them. Like drink 1-2 green tea in the morning, after lunch drink a peppermint tea as it helps the digestion, before sleep drink a camomile as it helps your body to rest. and so on. Tea's has great benefits, so i would not stuck with one in general.

Edited by Rosie
typo

Generally, I drink two cups of green tea (one in the morning with a little snack), and one in the afternoon after lunch to keep working with a reasonable level of attentiveness. In the morning, it definitely helps with staying just a little more alert during meditation without getting hyperactive. I usually drink Dragonwell or Genmaicha. If you can find a store that sells loose green tea, that works best and reduces waste and cost. You can then buy empty tea bags and fill them with the loose tea yourself.

To keep it interesting, I might also drink Kombucha (GTs and House Kombucha are two brands I like) which is great.

If you have the patience to do some juicing, I recommend that as well, although, that serves a totally different purpose than tea.

Best to wind down in the second half of the day with the myriad herbal teas that are available. Rosie's suggestions are what I would go for as well, but experiment and find out which herbal teas work best for you. There is an unbelievable variety available in decent health food stores.

I avoid any tea which needs milk to go with it (regular milk or otherwise).

P.S. I don't know how much one would have to drink and for how long in order to get anemic, but doesn't appear to be an issue with 1-2 cups a day for me. I guess some green teas are also advertised as being helpful for weight loss, but I believe you have to drink many many cups for that which would probably not work out in the long-term.

Alternate between saffron tea and sleepiry elm bark powder tea... :D

I'm not sure of benefits of the tea, but I've been drinking it everyday since i was a kid :D because I just love it that much :3

I'm sensitive to caffeine, so I try to have very little to no caffeine intake. However, I've found that pu-erh and oolong both seemed to help with digestion, and were less harsh on my stomach, as I can drink those two teas on an empty stomach without getting a stomachache. 

19 hours ago, Ayla said:

Look it up ... I didn't either until I became anemic lol :P

Lol same here! 

Just started iron tablets, sometimes when I feel tired I just keep remembering when Leo mentioned somewhere that purpose or whatever it was can override tiredness from any such illnesses which I think I need to find how to do!

I'm not a big tea drinker but I still want to drink it regardless cos it seems like a really zen like relaxing type thing to do xD 

Hello!

I drink green tea everyday! Without any iron defficiency problems. I prefer green organic leaves and I drink several cups (up to 4) every day after my morning meal and after my lunch. Before meditation (earlier my breakfast I drink a blend of detoxing herbs - dandelion, etc I make changes once in a while in the combination) and even before that I drink warm glass of water with the juice of half a lemon. This did not happened at once, it happened gradually and it works for me. Because I keep developing my healthy habits for a loooong time. And I still search and make adjustments for the better.

Just now I finished my evening (after dinner) cinnamon/orange infusion.

Cheers everone!!

Edited by Maria M

I drink one or more cups of Jasmine tea every day immediately following lunch to curb cravings. I like how it tastes not sure if I've ever had green tea, so can't compare to green tea or it's benefits. I drink it hot mostly. I understand the health benefits will be identical to hot or cold. Curious as to whether or not it offers additional benefits now that you've asked the question. Did my search and find this interesting https://www.amanzitea.com/ for all types of tea (health benefits and side effects). 

I drink matcha green tea everyday (i put 1 tsp matcha powder). I’ll take about a week tolerance break if I feel that it’s not giving me the same energy and focus anymore. 

8 hours ago, nathandev said:

I drink one or more cups of Jasmine tea every day immediately following lunch to curb cravings. I like how it tastes not sure if I've ever had green tea, so can't compare to green tea or it's benefits. I drink it hot mostly. I understand the health benefits will be identical to hot or cold. Curious as to whether or not it offers additional benefits now that you've asked the question. Did my search and find this interesting https://www.amanzitea.com/ for all types of tea (health benefits and side effects). 

My spidey senses are tingling...self promoters reopening 2016 posts :ph34r:. Ding ding ding ding. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I prefer simple herbal teas instead, i actually find them superior for long term reasons and other health benefits. Shilajit, Medicinal mushrooms and Adaptogenic teas are amazing substances you can also use as alternates to green tea for example.

Besides the occasional Matcha or Cacao, i never drink any green tea or especially coffee because of high caffeine's overstimulating effect on our nervous system which overtime leaves you "out of whack" because the body becomes dependent on an external source for energy in which is always temporary and limited.

These other substances i mentioned do not stimulate the body like coffee and other high caffeine substances do, they just help the body use and be more of itself so you still rely on your internal, central-energy which is does not rise or crash but remains stable and efficient.

I personally find cacao superior to coffee anyway and if i want green tea, ceremonial matcha is the highest quality experience! Don't get me wrong, good quality coffee and typical teas(black, white, green) are powerful substances and do have medicinal potential but just like garlic and chilies it is not wise to consume daily due to negative over-stimulative effect on the nervous system. They are more medicine than food.

Eat some fruit, the energy is far more clean and efficient.

Stimulants of any kind are not meant to be used daily and long term. Even cacao and matcha should be done with wisdom because they too are very powerful but due to their chemical-makeup, they work more in harmony with your body rather than putting it on overdrive most of the time but simple herbal teas(chamomile, peppermint, ginger, sage ect..) , medicinal mushrooms and most adaptogens can be used daily long-term without a problem.

Stay away from extracts/stimulants/supplements, keep it natural, keep it simple, keep it intelligent :)

Oh and these are great herbs for meditation since you asked.

Chamomile, Lavander, Lemon Balm, Sage, Gotu Kola, Tulsi

Namaste!

B R E A T H E

15 hours ago, Michael569 said:

My spidey senses are tingling...self promoters reopening 2016 posts :ph34r:. Ding ding ding ding. 

You must be an amazing spider man. :D what else your spidey sense tells you :P

Another thing to remember is green and typical teas are extremely high in fluoride, if you know the dangers of fluoride you would avoid it at all costs. This is one of the reasons why Nikola Tesla did not drink tea or coffee ect.. he noticed that fluoride attack's the pineal gland and he's visions become blurred so it would interfere with his inventions.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Honestly I could drink all kinds of tea. Absolutely refreshing :x

Although I recall being recommended to drink herbal tea specifically. It is quite nice.