KennedyCarter

Cancer warning on red meat

24 posts in this topic

When the evidence came out against cigarettes causing cancer they started putting warning labels. We should do this for meat.

@KennedyCarter Red meat doesn't cause cancer tho.

There are studies which suggest that the consumption of red meat is associated with certain types of cancer.

But that's not at all the same as "red meat causes cancer". Always do your own research, don't just believe what you have read or heard somewhere. 

Edited by Tim R

Yes, for cooked meat you mean. There is no scientific evidence on raw meat or dried meat, is even beneficial. Now cooking is another story, and the worst one can do is pump many vegetables with meat, it can get you sick, but not from the meat, from the antinutrients of plants. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

I get that maybe you are a vegan and vegetarian, i was too about a decade. 

Not anymore. The biggest lie of this century is becoming vegetarian. Being the reason world population is so sick. 

Singer

14™

18 minutes ago, Goldzilla said:

Not anymore. The biggest lie of this century is becoming vegetarian. Being the reason world population is so sick. 

lmao

hrhrhtewgfegege

32 minutes ago, Goldzilla said:

I get that maybe you are a vegan and vegetarian, i was too about a decade. 

Let me guess: you were a vegan and now you're a tinfoil-wrapped meathead/carnivore? The pendulum swings both ways :P 

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Let me guess: you were a vegan and now you're a tinfoil-wrapped meathead/carnivore? The pendulum swings both ways :P 

I prefer rather animal byproducts, like dairy, eggs. 

Singer

14™

@Goldzilla Don't ever link to lunatics like Sv3rige on this forum.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Eating meat is extremely stupid from a spiritual point of view. Just imagine all the concentrated energies of fear and torture that you put in your body. And then you wonder why you're so neurotic.

20 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Don't ever link to lunatics like Sv3rige on this forum.

Was just about to say. If people post low consciousness cancer from people like Sv3rige repeatedly they will be  temporarily banned.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Let's not confuse veganism with spirituality. 

What is your opinion on this? 

Singer

14™

24 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Eating meat is extremely stupid from a spiritual point of view. Just imagine all the concentrated energies of fear and torture that you put in your body. And then you wonder why you're so neurotic.

Lol

Then lions must be basket-cases.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Lions do not have industrialized complexes where mass torture is committed on an incomprehensible scale, nor do they have alternative options. Humans are supposed to be the civilized ones, and we don't have any excuse whatsoever to behave this way. It is pure stupidity and myopia. Any advanced civilization will be vegan.

This veganism and spirituality is something new, atleast in the west. 

In Romania we had Zalmoxis who taught eating plants etc. 

The point being to veganism in my opinion, it is a cleanse. It is a 1 month diet or so on this. Doing it full time is detrimental, and low fat foods are the most dangerous. Look at some good scientific papers, not society. 

I'd say the health of people is priority above animal suffering. If you care more for an animal than a human, it is a disgrace. Now, not advocating on animal suffering, just pointing out a truth. 

For me personally i prefer animal byproducts and fruit. 

Singer

14™

Visit a slaughterhouse one day and see how that affects your mind. Then ask yourself if there's any wisdom in eating meat. If you hunt, fine, that's incalculably better. If you eat packaged meat full of hormones and literally evil energies, then you're simply not behaving in a wise manner and there will be consequences for it. Karma is a bitch.

And animal products such as milk and cheese aren't any better either. Those cows are artificially inseminated, and then their calves are forcefully taken away, just so the cow produces more milk. Imagine that fucking trauma for one second. And you're drinking milk from those cows. And the chickens in the egg industry typically live all their lives in a small cage. Imagine that kind of life for a second and what you're supporting.

Generally speaking, people prefer ignorance about this because it's far easier to look away and keep pretending this isn't a problem. But at some point you're gonna have to face the reality of where you get your food from. One of my core philosophical principles is do no harm, and that naturally leads to a vegan diet, which I have enjoyed for the better part of 2 decades.

Anyone who claims a vegan diet isn't viable in the long term should see this video for some healthy perspective:

And if you ever do choose to go vegan at some point, you should take B12 supplements. That is necessary for a healthy vegan diet, unless you prefer risking your health by eating dirty food which I assume wouldn't sit well with most people.

Source of B12 is not even animals, if you study it, it is bacterial

Edited by Hello from Russia

We are not lions. Completely difference teeth and digestive systems. High quality meats are probably fine it eaten irregularly. 

But, farmed meat and processed meat make you smell weird and are carcinogenic. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The main issue isn't that meats are carcinogenic, the deeper issue is what camp you are self identified with, a vegan or meat lover? Who you are as a self construct determines what values you prefer, qualities about you and resources you have along that self image and meta modal.

If you are vegan, you have a self identity that over values plant consumption, animal welfare and environmental protection and nature, and narratives that support these values. Typically, the minds of Vegans have a distorted perspective about themselves as lesser than another person's perspective  and non-human perspectives, which is why these have a greater empathy and compassion for animals and plants, even other people, but often have a self worth issue and sometimes suffer from group think, people pleasing and being a doormat. Sometimes this type over values their own perspective and could be more combative.

The same problem exists with those that identify as meat lovers. They have a different distortion of the mind's perspective, sometimes their own perspective is greater than another, and non-human perspectives, and have a different narrative compared to a vegan's. They sometimes are more combative as well overall, as on average they do value themselves more than others and non-humans.

The more important skill is noticing when you start feeling defensive, in whichever camp you are, and learning to see the other's perspective, and learn from that.