meta_male

Dark night of the Soul

17 posts in this topic

I think I might be going through a dark night of the soul. I understand it's just a concept but it's the closest I can describe the state of mind I've been in for the past year and a half.

Would you recommend letting it do its thing or getting the help of a spiritual coach? If so, can anybody recommend someone from Switzerland?

Appreciate your help!

Culadasa, Shinzen young and Daniel Ingram wrote good stuff about that. Check them!

Just now, Gabith said:

What is dark night of the soul ??

i dont know either, just wanted to ask)

When is very difficult to ditch the old, it will remain as a cringe feeling almost depressive like. The solution is to really ditch the old and move on. 

Singer

14™

@Goldzilla how to ditch the old when it feels like no matter what you do it doesn't stop clinging, attachment? that's how i describe my dark night, it just wont fuck off

the attachment is so intense i feel like it will take a long ttime to heal.. a long

shoot me with ak47

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Well, i'd say, go think of this: do you want to live or otherwise? Take time to decide this like for real, and after that it's easy to not attach to no things nor people nor situations. 

Singer

14™

There are many definitions, but the most realistic, in my opinion, is that the dark night of the soul is a way to name the intermediate stage where you are not enlightened totally, but you have gon as far as to leave the world behind, and you´re stuck without the pleasures of the world and Godhood.

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

As i been through that and still are, i accepted to live with it, and from the cringe felling we can create anything for our life. Now it will still persists during the day, but it will progressively go into something beautiful once is there the recovery from the atrophy of the mind fog, the healing inside, the vitality, etc. Is a matter of short time, is also based on decision to go faster through it and heal faster. This is why i mentioned those entities, they are there to replace the system thinking of mainstream culture. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

@RedLine Cheers, I'll check them out!

@Gabith Originally, a poem by St. John of the Cross. It describes a spiritual crisis, which seems to be a transformative, but also dark phase during one's journey.

@Goldzilla Thanks for your advice. So, how long have you felt like this?

@catcat69123 What is this strong attachment you still have, if I may ask? What makes it impossible for you to see the love?

5 years now, coping with cringe feelings. 

That is not the point, you won't know what real joy is without the negative. It is a different feeling during the day, merging joy with cringe, it is another feeling altogether. Is what for me is awakening. 

Because during the day, meeting many people, both feelings per separate arises. In a more harmonious space, like a meditation center or a park with parents and kids, a third feeling arises. Now the third feeling can be achieved in any situation through training, but still, is not the same as being alone in nature. 

So from my experience, the deep sadness we usually feel in public is not due to one, in principle. People around really want to kill you at a high level of being, and they are unconscious about this, but this is how society is, a proving ground, nothing more. 

Singer

14™

to forgive people that abused me, and myself for allowing it to shape me the way it did. to work on surfacing and letting go of holding onto that hate, the struggle is the resistance to forgiveness. there so much stuff there that i've been ignoring my whole life, now that i know i can't run from it i just sit with it.. unbearable :) but we press on, all of us, we know what we really want in this life

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

On 2021-8-10 at 9:34 PM, Daniel347 said:

i dont know either, just wanted to ask)

Dark night of the soul is when your ego deals with the ramifactions of awakening on its attachments and survival mechanisms, which can be a painful process. It ends when all resistance falls away. I've essentially been in a more or less constant state of dark night of the soul for the last 2 years.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Dark night of the soul is when your ego deals with the ramifactions of awakening on its attachments and survival mechanisms, which can be a painful process. It ends when all resistance falls away. I've essentially been in a more or less constant state of dark night of the soul for the last 2 years.

thanks

I recently made a video specifically targeted at these insight stages. I hope it helps. 

How to Escape the Dark Night of the Soul

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

You are a meta male and I suppose you're a powerful guy.

sometimes it's not necessary to get help. a man should let himself burn inside that fire until he gets over it. I've done it and it works.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"