Blackhawk

If enlightenment is the truth, then why is it so damn difficult to get enlightened?

204 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

@Leo Gura I have been trying. I'm frustrated.

That's because you've barely managed to learn to stand on your skiis yet you're try to go down a double black diamond slope.

Go back and develop competence in basic self-help. After 5 or 10 years of that, you might be ready for some existential spiritual work. There's no shame in working on the basics of life. Go develop competence at survival before you try to transcend it.

It took me a decade or more of working on the basics before enlightenment became a real possibility.

Just because I talk about enlightenment a lot does not mean it is right for you at this time. I talk about very advanced stuff that isn't suitable for most people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

So the revelation should be easy to get. But it isn't easy. And it's frustrating.

Well it transcends the concepts of difficult, easy or frustrating by revealing that the very individual which labels anything as such, is just another concept and ultimately unreal. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's because you've barely managed to learn to stand on your ski yet you're try to go down a double black diamond slope.

Go back and develop competence in basic self-help. After 5 or 10 years of that, you might be ready for some existential spiritual work. There's no shame in working on the basics of life. Go develop competence at survival before you try to transcend it.

It took me a decade or more of working on the basics before enlightenment became a real possibility.

Just because I talk about enlightenment a lot does not mean it is right for you at this time. I talk about very advanced stuff that isn't suitable for most people.

I see..

@Blackhawk And fucking Leo lives in Vegas so he ain't going skiing anytime soon. He went out of his way to speak with you.  So gosh darn it let's turn this thing around right man? :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

And fucking Leo lives in Vegas so he ain't going skiing anytime soon.

There is a skii slope 60 minutes from my house.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is a skii slope 60 minutes from my house.

If i show at your house we are there. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Go develop competence at survival before you try to transcend it.

^^

@Blackhawk

Get competent at survival before you transcend it. However, there can be a balance — since it’s optimal to realize before you actualize. So you can do both — just get your priorities in order. Even if it’s really bad, meditation and mindfulness may even be used to at least help you “face the day.” Crawl then walk then fly etc.

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

You need lifetimes of spiritual practice to become enlightened, probably around 100k hrs in total. That is why it might seem impossible in just one lifetime. It's never too late to start though :P

Who told you this?

This is such nonsense

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Who told you this?

This is such nonsense

Correct you just need yourself- you do not need a lifetime.  The only one that will ever measure your enlightenment is you 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The only obstacle to enlightenment is:

1. social conditioning and half-truths that you've taken for granted
  2. enlightenment is not conducive to survival, so the intellect will be blind to it

Enlightenment is not anti-survival. It does not require you to die in a horrible way. This is a delusion.

The difficulty lies in the fact that conditioning is entirely relative and nobody knows what you believe. There are no sign-posts on your road because there will be no other human that will ever travel it.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Enlightenment is not anti-survival. It does not require you to die in a horrible way. This is a delusion.

Ehh...no.  when you become God the self is forfeited.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Ehh...no.  when you become God the self is forfeited.

It is clear to me, that whatever you claim to have become, it is definitely not what the OP is referring to as death. (See the first point about beliefs).

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Just now, tsuki said:

It is clear to me, that whatever you claim to have become, it is definitely not what the OP is referring to as death.

I'm just telling you that enlightenment will be the sacrifice of survival.  To tell someone otherwise is well, lets just say, babying them.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I'm just telling you that enlightenment will be the sacrifice of survival.  To tell someone otherwise is well, lets just say, babying them.

Survival as a self is love and it isn't going anywhere after enlightenment.

Edited by tsuki

4 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Survival as a self is love and it isn't going anywhere after enlightenment.

You will come back to your life yes.  But you will also realize that it is finite and you are Infinite 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

You will come back to your life yes.  But you will also realize that it is finite and you are Infinite 

So why the death-talk? It's just a bunch of beliefs. The self will die, but I am existence itself. It is not possible for me to not exist because I don't.

Just now, tsuki said:

So why the death-talk? It's just a bunch of beliefs. The self will die, but I am existence itself. It is not possible for me to not exist because I don't.

No no...there will not be a sense of who you are as a self.  That sense of self you have right now will be replaced with Infinity or God.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's because you've barely managed to learn to stand on your skiis yet you're try to go down a double black diamond slope.

At church camp went down the double black diamond skiing in middle school. 

had only skiid a half dozen times before

Maybe some need a double black diamond 

hypnotoad.jpg

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

No no...there will not be a sense of who you are as a self.  That sense of self you have right now will be replaced with Infinity or God.  

Cool

4 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Cool

Magical and Blissful yes but not sure if it's cool..at least not to the ego :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.