Twega

Psyche Substance Doubles His Dose Because He's impatient

20 posts in this topic

In 12:35, he says that he doubled his dose because he is impatient.

What really shocked me is that he thought this was a low dose, and Deric laughed and said, "no, that's not at all, dude" "that's reaching cycle territory," and his response was, "but some guy on youtube took 500 and said it was okay so 200 is fine."

WTF!

You'd expect the biggest YouTuber regarding drugs and harm reduction would adopt the principle of

• lowest effective dose
  • researching compounds and not listen to what some random guy says on youtube...

Keep in mind Deric is also his friend and very knowledgeable on hormones/endocrinology, yet he still did not ask him if it was a high dose.

I like adam, but he's the definition of "do as I say, not as I do."

Man, he really isn't that mature yet. He is a nice guy but he is kind of a fool. I noticed that after rewatching some of his videos and contemplating how I am a fool.

He is smart, obviously. But, he lacks sound judgment at times.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

12 hours ago, Thought Art said:

He is smart, obviously. But, he lacks sound judgment at times.

Agreed. There is a degree of showmanship and pressure from his viewers and subscribers as well. People have a fetish for pushing others into things they would not do themselves which is why bodybuilding competitions are so fascinating despite it being completely unappealing to look like that. Same for steroids and loading oneself with chemicals and drugs. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

What do you expect from a dude who was a drug addict?

Addicts are not known for their wisdom.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

His whole harm reduction brand thing came after he got banned from YouTube. It was a survival mechanism to stay alive on the platform 

Normal is usually 140-200mg/wk, with 200 being for really big guys, though anyone can get it if they really want it. 200 isn’t going to make you big or anything. A cycle is 300++, often 700-1000mg/wk, or 350mg test + some anavar, etc

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But, they can use that experience and their failures for becoming wise, if they commit to it long term and self reflect. We all have blind spots and foolishness. I think a wise person is willing to admit, 'Hey, perhaps I am not wise and I have many self deceptions". There is a painful process once you start learning about wisdom when you realize just how unwise you are, have been and the work it will take to become wise. But, I think developing wisdom and a clear mind and heart is really foundational to building the good life.

What was he addicted too? 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Okay, I understand his history a little more. He was looking for love. Sounds like psychedelics had some positive affect on his addictive behaviour. He started smoking tabacco, weed, and drinking chronically from ages 16-25ish. Sounds like he abused MDMA too. MDMA 2-3 times a week? Insanity. Interesting. He isn't even sure it is MDMA. Also addicted to Kratom, which he seems to have used recently. Strange.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Is that a joke? xD

On 8/5/2021 at 11:46 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura

He doesnt seem to be making wise choices in this area and maybe he just isnt a wise guy. I have no idea who he is so im not sticking up for him really but why should we EXPECT someone to not be wise just because they were once an addict? You come off as more condescending every month that passes the last few months.

So much more of this than usual. So many people seem to be feeling the same lately. I have always been one to actually understand you when others would get offended by you or whatever but damn. There's surely recovering drug addicts on this forum. Surely some wise ones as well.

What's been going on lately Leo? GENUINLY curious. Not being hateful, just disappointing amd confusing to see if I'm being honest.

8 minutes ago, Adodd said:

@Leo Gura

He doesnt seem to be making wise choices in this area and maybe he just isnt a wise guy. I have no idea who he is so im not sticking up for him really but why should we EXPECT someone to not be wise just because they were once an addict? You come off as more condescending every month that passes the last few months.

So much more of this than usual. So many people seem to be feeling the same lately. I have always been one to actually understand you when others would get offended by you or whatever but damn. There's surely recovering drug addicts on this forum. Surely some wise ones as well.

What's been going on lately Leo? GENUINLY curious. Not being hateful, just disappointing amd confusing to see if I'm being honest.

I had the same thoughts. Technically his words would not be that wrong -- addicts are not known for their wisdom -- sure, if he were referring to current addicts, but he was specifically talking about someone who USED TO be an addict... Those people literally are known for their wisdom... Like more than the average individual. Doesn't mean they can't very often be unwise, like basically any other group, but yeah... Like what the fuck Leo xD

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self

On 8/5/2021 at 11:46 PM, Leo Gura said:

Exactly. To become free of a hard addiction takes a unique learning and understanding deep things about yourself that most people dont have to learn. I live in a place with drug abuse everywhere and I've seen it first-hand. Of course most are never able to get that far and die as addicts. The ones who break free live with a certain knowledge/wisdom that most are lucky enough to have never had to obtain just in order to live.

Edited by Adodd

7 minutes ago, Adodd said:

@The0Self

Exactly. To become free of a hard addiction takes a unique learning and understanding deep things about yourself that most people dont have to learn. I live in a place with drug abuse everywhere and I've seen it first-hand. Of course most are never able to get that far and die as addicts. The ones who break free live with a certain knowledge/wisdom that most are lucky enough to have never had to obtain just in order to live.

I was an addict. No one else in my (adoptive) family was. Long after I got started, I learned that both of my birth parents were hardcore drug addicts. I transcended addiction and know how it works. And it seems to be highly genetic. Today, I can actually help addicts. Addicts are the hardest people to help. Leo would have absolutely no clue how to help an addict, because he's never been there before -- it's an experience that he doesn't have access to, therefore he is unwise in that sense. Not that he really could not help them, but he wouldn't be coming from a place of having been there before. And not that addiction is something that you'd even want to be wise about... but it's certainly grounds for claiming that addicts possess one aspect of wisdom that others don't.

Edited by The0Self

Ya, watching his stuff I can just kind of sense his immaturity.  like, ya he's got the whole harm reduction thing, and I don't doubt he's got some great information and experiences to back that up.  But information isn't maturity.  I just get the vibe that he's not the most responsible person.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

Not that addiction is something that you'd even want to be wise about... but it's certainly grounds for claiming that addicts possess one aspect of wisdom that others don't.

Bingo. Thats why I say people who have never had to attain that wisdom just to live are lucky. Its a kind of a mixed blessing

Proud of you for recovering! And now helping others achieve that is awesome. Its always inspiring to see that.

Edited by Adodd

12 minutes ago, Adodd said:

Bingo. Thats why I say people who have never had to attain that wisdom just to live are lucky. Its a kind of a mixed blessing

Proud of you for recovering! And now helping others achieve that is awesome. Its always inspiring to see that.

Yeah definitely.

And thank you!

8 hours ago, The0Self said:

Leo would have absolutely no clue how to help an addict, because he's never been there before -- it's an experience that he doesn't have access to, therefore he is unwise in that sense. Not that he really could not help them, but he wouldn't be coming from a place of having been there before. 

He was a food addict. Or is that different than a drug addict? 

@Adodd  Maybe Leo read too much negative comments. I know I couldn't do it. 

Psyche Substance Doubles His Dose Because He's impatient

=

gossip

On 8/7/2021 at 10:43 PM, Opo said:

He was a food addict. Or is that different than a drug addict? 

According to him all addictions root from the same place so it makes it even more odd for an ex addict to say not to trust someone who is an ex addict because they arent known for their wisdom. Maybe it was just a quick response not as deeply thought out or as condescneding as it seemed but it does seem that way.