ivankiss

How many hours do you guys sleep a day?

39 posts in this topic

I sleep about 8 hours. I think in general the less sleep you need, it could mean that you are more in tune with your soul/inner being/natural state. I'm however also a fairly sensitive person, and have heard they need more sleep.

On 30.7.2021 at 6:13 PM, ivankiss said:

My thoughts are; once you start reaching higher states of consciousness, you simply do not need that much sleep anymore. There is more than enough energy circulating through your being. Who's got time to sleep in this day and age?!

I think the need of sleep is like ebb and flow. In my most productive phases, where I was in an enthusiastic flow, 4 to 5 hours were enough per night. Yet, it took a toll on my energy-levels and the relaxation phase was needed. Then I needed more sleep, like 8 hours. Napping, of course, I did everyday. ^_^.

So I would not make it a rule that "the more enlightened, less sleep is needed". Actually, high-quality sleep as much as your body needs to have, is a foundation for having a good life. Only high-consciousness people who care about their health get enough sleep and thus are healthier than the average person. Try one day without sleep and see how "clear" your consciousness remains.

I usually sleep from 6 to 7.5 hours.  Be wary for people telling you that you should sleep X amount of hours every single night. The truth is that nobody knows exactly how many hours a person should sleep.

I find it that if i am very active all day then i tend to sleep more compared to if i sit on a computer all the time. 

13 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Between 5 and 13

WOW!! quite a spread.

I tend to sleep between 6-8 hours these days, which feels about right. I know since my initial awakening back in 2012 there have been times when my sleep pattern's been all over the place, particularly after I awakened my kundalini in 2013, and also when I was experiencing chronic anxiety in 2017. So frustrating to be waking up after only 2-3 hours' sleep and not being able to get back to sleep again, I learnt after a while not to fight it (talk about an exercise in futility) and to just get up.

On 7/30/2021 at 5:13 PM, ivankiss said:

My thoughts are; once you start reaching higher states of consciousness, you simply do not need that much sleep anymore. There is more than enough energy circulating through your being. Who's got time to sleep in this day and age?!

That's an interesting point, and not something I'd ever considered before - it does seem to make sense. I always remember Adyshanti saying that the egoic state of consciousness chews up a lot of energy, and of course the more energy you're using up, the more you'll need to sleep.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

7-8 hours but sometimes that isn’t enough and I have to to take a 30min-1.5 hour long nap

1 hour ago, Dryas said:

7-8 hours but sometimes that isn’t enough and I have to to take a 30min-1.5 hour long nap

I get  awful headaches with more than 8 hours. I wonder what  causes  that.

I dont sleep at day

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

7 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

I tend to sleep between 6-8 hours these days, which feels about right. I know since my initial awakening back in 2012 there have been times when my sleep pattern's been all over the place, particularly after I awakened my kundalini in 2013, and also when I was experiencing chronic anxiety in 2017. So frustrating to be waking up after only 2-3 hours' sleep and not being able to get back to sleep again, I learnt after a while not to fight it (talk about an exercise in futility) and to just get up.

That's an interesting point, and not something I'd ever considered before - it does seem to make sense. I always remember Adyshanti saying that the egoic state of consciousness chews up a lot of energy, and of course the more energy you're using up, the more you'll need to sleep.

That  makes sense. Its awful to only  get 2 or  3 hours sleep.

16 minutes ago, Olivia24 said:

That  makes sense. Its awful to only  get 2 or  3 hours sleep.

Not a phase of my life I look back on with much fondness, that's for sure :$

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

3 hours ago, Olivia24 said:

I get  awful headaches with more than 8 hours. I wonder what  causes  that.

Oh dear, poor you :o I found this article on the subject of oversleeping and headaches that you might find useful.

1 hour ago, RickyFitts said:

Oh dear, poor you :o I found this article on the subject of oversleeping and headaches that you might find useful.

Thanks, you are  awesome!!

10 hours ago, Olivia24 said:

Thanks, you are  awesome!!

Bless you, you're very welcome :)

I sleep like 9-12 hours a day, I'm too addicted to my dreams. I dream like crazy, and with my bed propped up 6 inches at the head, it supercharges that. 

When I was working physically over the summer i got a solid 7- 8 hours and felt great.

I have less energy now, even though I'm sleeping so much, and it's especially because how less active I am. Although I AM sick atm lol.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

2 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

I sleep like 9-12 hours a day, I'm too addicted to my dreams. I dream like crazy, and with my bed propped up 6 inches at the head, it supercharges that. 

When I was working physically over the summer i got a solid 7- 8 hours and felt great.

I have less energy now, even though I'm sleeping so much, and it's especially because how less active I am. Although I AM sick atm lol.

Sick? Whats wrong? Its  odd you  mention it, but  i sleep with my head propped  up too, and  i dream all night  it  seems.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:52 PM, Olivia24 said:

i sleep with my head propped  up too, and  i dream all night  it  seems

Yeah @Olivia24, apparently it turns out that you dream a whole lot more when your head is above your body relative to gravity making the fluid in your body flow to your brain differently as if you're awake, activating parts of your brain to make you dream a heck of a lot more, there was a thread on this forum talking all about it. Totally underrated thread. See below.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

On 8/9/2021 at 9:12 PM, ZenSwift said:

Yeah @Olivia24, apparently it turns out that you dream a whole lot more when your head is above your body relative to gravity making the fluid in your body flow to your brain differently as if you're awake, activating parts of your brain to make you dream a heck of a lot more, there was a thread on this forum talking all about it. Totally underrated thread. See below.

Thanks!! That  might also be why i sleep so well. I  lay my head down and almost  instantly fall asleep.