roopepa

A Question About ACIM and why the world exists.

49 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, EnRoute said:

I can't know for sure what consciousness is and where did it come from. I can't find out if reality is imaginary by nature. We simply can not know.

The rest is speculation.

Speculation on your part

1 minute ago, Andyforreal said:

Speculation on your part

Okay. I'm an open-minded individual. I want to find out the illusory nature of reality and how it operates. What should I do? I've been meditating for three years now. Nothing happens, although I'm a master of being in the present moment effortlessly.

How am I going to find out if reality is simply imagination?

5 minutes ago, EnRoute said:

Okay. I'm an open-minded individual. I want to find out the illusory nature of reality and how it operates. What should I do? I've been meditating for three years now. Nothing happens, although I'm a master of being in the present moment effortlessly.

Well honestly idk how YOU can find out for yourself, but thinking about it won't help, some people take longer than others some take 5-leo DMT, just don't force any thoughts on reality, let it happen.

For me i was conscious since i was a boy i got like some flashbacks of infinity it's like information was constantly flying towards me i can't explain it, also i can have like flashbacks of future but just approx 5 min in advance but not willingly, especially if im very tired, and playing lottery i always hit 3 numbers if im not thinking about numbers but just let them go out of me without controll or thinking

Everyone is different so experiment

Look, there a varieties of 'methods' or 'teachings' or 'practices' that suppose to help you penetrating mind and having direct consciousness. You should do research about them, experiment, and see what brings you insight and consciousness the most - which one do you most resonate with.

Personally, I find psychedelics and contemplation as the most powerful tools for breaking Consciousness outside the prison of the self-mind. Don't get me wrong, I like meditation and 'slow walks' in the streets of my mind, and I can't eliminate the possibility that it can lead to profound Enlightenments. I just find psychedelics as more accessible for deep mind exploration and metaphysical inquiries because it enables you to reconfigure the mind very fast and very efficiently, and to degrees where Consciousness can have some vacation (so to speak) from being entrapped by self-contraction, programming, trauma, and what have you. Regarding Contemplation: it is simply much more direct than meditation, at least for me. I use meditation to perform 'small' operations on the mind and for assimilating Consciousness in the everyday self.

And I would mention another very practical, empowering and mind blowing practice: Honesty. It is just like stabbing a knife right at the heart of the separation illusion when being honest is antithetical to survival or self-agenda. 

@EnRoute

4 hours ago, EnRoute said:

View imagination as to say that the world of forms is a fabrication of a Greater Reality.
Rules, limitations, clarity and logic and "realness" are themselves fabricated parts of the equation. 

• @roopepa The most difficult part of ACIM to wrap my head around was the concept of guilt.  But I think it best not to spend too much time focusing on analyzing what you don't really understand.  Analyzing is a function of the monkey mind and keeps you distracted from the main message.  My conclusion about all the references to guilt is that the woman who channeled and wrote down what she was told to write and authored ACIM was a psychologist and most psychology included the teaching of Freud and Freud often used the concept of guilt in his teaching.  So as this woman was taking dictation some of Freud's teachings such as guilt was the closest she could come to explaining the idea of how the "separation" apparently made it's appearance inside a fictional, delusional world view.  To a mind convinced that it has trespassed against the greatest most powerful being in the universe it would most likely be a great cause for terror and feelings of guilt.  And that would occasion more guilt and thoughts of having to hide from what you've done, which in one instant could create in the frightened mind an entire universe appearing to be real based on fear and foreboding.  This is as far as I've gotten with the concept of guilt, but I have not spent all my time trying to analyze it. On occasion it drifts into my mind and something rings a bell and then the thought drifts out again.  Understanding every nut and bolt of this or that concept is attachment to concepts and will slow you down.  Just let it pass like a fish passing by  in a stream..  Eventually the puzzle pieces will fall into place and the complete picture will be visible.

My ACIM Teacher in 2015 happened to be a secular Jewish psychotherapist. Near the end of the Course he told me that the second time through ACIM it occurred to him that if he had to sum up the ACIM in one word, it would be ‘forgiveness’.

Some recent thoughts about guilt in my journal. I was unable to bookmark.

I became depressed for a while today. Reflecting on what a shit I’ve been at times in the past brought it on.  Not a distant past either. Kind of a mixture of recent and distant occasions. 
Fell into self criticism I guess, actually. I don’t feel I’m any improved for putting myself through that. Along with the useless self criticism though was something else. Remorse.

The Oracle of the Cosmic Way points out the fallacy of guilt. With guilt we only put poison arrows in our psyche. These poison arrows perpetuate a fate that keeps the whole thing going. More or less it says the idea of sin and guilt is just plain bullshit that divides people against themselves. If we’re out of balance with the Cosmos, remorse of conscience can make the necessary adjustments. No need for a permanent stain of guilt that only cripples us psychologically. To me it jives perfectly with what Jesus is teaching in ACIM. Forgiveness or overlooking of grievances. Letting go of grievances. Not holding grudges. Not getting caught up in the glue-like stickiness of self-criticism or guilt or judgment or keeping score. No need for keeping accounts or seeking merit either. Everyone is innocent in a sense. Even Hitler.

Just let go. Go beyond. Metanoia?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Forgiveness is a powerful thing.

Don't miss my forgiveness videos.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 7/23/2021 at 5:57 PM, roopepa said:

@Leo Gura The book I'm reading gives a map like this:

'Before' any duality, there is Oneness/God/Infinity. Because it is infinite, there must also occur "a thought" of "what if there is something else than all that is". This resulted in the first division, that of a Big Mind and a small mind.

The second division is the small mind dividing into "the right mind" (holy spirit) and "wrong mind" (ego).

The third division is when the ego recognizes that it separates from Oneness and thinks the separation "actually happened" and is now separate from God. This results in fear and guilt that is so huge that the ego thinks it deserves to be punished somehow, even though any separation has never occured. This creates a division of guilt/punishment. An image of a condemning god.

Now, the ego identifies itself as 'being guilty'. The fourth division is body/world, where the ego "hides" because it fears the god's punishment. All the suffering, terror and chaos is due to this 'forgotten' or 'unconscious' guilt we feel and the fear of a punishment we think we deserve. We project our fear/guilt outside, creating (or perhaps identifying with) the dream.

Do you think any of this makes sense?

Also, @Nahm @allislove

It sounds as a good map, one nitpick though:

>  the ego thinks it deserves to be punished somehow

Meh, not really. There is no separate entity that may think something. There is just thinking, and I'd call the ego to be the identification with a thinking.

Regarding, ACIM... 

It's a great book. I wouldn't force myself to read it unless the book resonates. Once it resonates - it all makes perfect sense. Anyway, ACIM is just a pointer, as any book, as everything :)   

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x