Thought Art

Worry About Climate Change

83 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura just imagine the potential that we're losing if an asteroid comes and hits planet Earth. All of our technology and means....like poof...right under our noses. We need to human up. xDxDxD

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

25 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

nuclear energy ?

Solar, geothermal, wind, ocean, outer space, fusion, nuclear

There is infinite energy from solar alone on this planet.

Energy is not a problem.

do you see this a solution in the coming years? or will it take longer than that?

I'm talking 50, 100, 200 years into the future.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Solar, geothermal, wind, ocean, outer space, fusion

There is infinite energy from solar alone on this planet.

I'm talking 50, 100, 200 years into the future.

There's so much jerking off going on, I think if someone figured out a way to harness all that energy...

@Leo Gura I think I have a video request: why the fuck is this not talked about as a possible solution! nuance: why is stage yellow's systematical-thinking not a thing > who benefits for keeping this a mere wishful thinking ? > where is the egotistical pushback coming from that make this not explained and taught at schools > why do we fall into the tarp of lack :D

Edited by Happy Lizard

6 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

@Leo Gura I think I have a video request: why the fuck is this not talked about as a possible solution! nuance: why is stage yellow's systematical-thinking not a thing > who benefits for keeping this a mere wishful thinking ? > where is the egotistical pushback coming from that make this not explained and taught at schools > why do we fall into the tarp of lack :D

Why do you assume humans are evolved enough to care about such things?

If enough people cared to know the solutions, they would be taught. But no one cares. So here we are.

@Leo Gura Leo, with all due respect, I feel you're taking too much of a "big picture" approach and not enough of well, a smaller, human picture approach to this thing.

If you'd ask me if I thought climate change would wipe out humanity, the answer would be no, we're far too resourceful for that, but for virtually everyone the idea of us, as a vague generalised concept, surviving, doesn't mean much when individually and communally we're all threatened with very real catastrophes in the future.

It's like someone worriedly asking in 1930s England "Are you worried about another world war? Do you think fascism could defeat democracy?" and just replying "Another world war? I'm not worried. 98% of humanity survived the last war so why should I care? Odds are that I'll survive. And even if fascism does defeat democracy, in 100 or so years it'll probably reform itself to democracy again."

It kinda misses the point of all the very real suffering and danger that WW2 did bring to countless individuals and the global world order. No one is saying that there aren't massive and wonderful breakthroughs in technology to be had, but we can't just focus on that to get us through when the very real and deep sociological, psychological, emotional, spiritual etc. problems are staring us down the barrel of the gun right now.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Leo Gura I still think that talking about the problem of lack would be a great idea, aside from this conversation. 

I think people don't care also because they don't know that this is possible. like how will I figure this out if the heroes I'm following are only talking about disasters that's going to wipe us off. 

and even systematic-thinking people don't bother to mention this often enough that there are workable solution. I've been following some stage yellow people and they only drop this knowledge on you so out of the blue because they are so detached I imaging like it's nothing "yeah we can solve this all ya know ? hooray! .. "

Edited by Happy Lizard

55 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

There's so much jerking off going on, I think if someone figured out a way to harness all that energy...

So . . . thousands of horny teenage boys standing in a line at an ejaculation-powered turbine. However, the energy it would take to grow and transport the food to feed the jerkers may be more than what the ejaculation-powered turbine could produce. So this could be bad for the economy.

25 minutes ago, Apparition of Jack said:

Leo, with all due respect, I feel you're taking too much of a "big picture" approach and not enough of well, a smaller, human picture approach to this thing.

That's exactly right. The small picture doesn't concern me much.

If you wanna sweat the small stuff, be my guest. But don't expect me to join you.

Just now, AtheisticNonduality said:

So . . . thousands of horny teenage boys standing in a line at an ejaculation-powered turbine. However, the energy it would take to grow and transport the food to feed the jerkers may be more than what the ejaculation-powered turbine could produce. So this could be bad for the economy.

We could power the whole world if only we figured out how to tap the negative mental energy of Incels.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

But... why not? Dude, you're super fucking smart and your insights are invaluable, but even you must surely understand the need to approach things on a grounded, personal level? That's what most people in this thread are asking. If we just wanted to sit about pondering the evolution of technology as a result of climate change or pontificate about how everything is all God's plan we could just build a shelter in the arctic and do that all while the rest of the world goes crazy.

But unless you're some reclusive billionaire that just isn't possible for most people. Most people here have families, live in cities or towns, have jobs, hobbies, etc. And climate change is going to mess with all of that. Like don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to seeing all the cool shit that helps us deal with it, but that doesn't mean much to the people in Germany who just had their homes flooded last week, or the people in Canada who died of heatstroke, etc.

How is telling a family in California who just lost their house in a wildfire that "don't worry, in 50 years time we'll have free solar everywhere" going to help them in that moment? When they're feeling sad, angry, upset, confused, distressed? Multiply that by millions and thats the sort of issue we're facing. We need rapid, immediate massive sociological, pyschological and economic restructuring right now to stave off the worst suffering but it's not being done. We're going to have to learn how to deal with suffering as much as we are going to have to learn how to grow crops in cities or whatever.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you wanna sweat the small stuff, be my guest. But don't expect me to join you.

Well alright dude. I disagree on this issue but you do you.

10 minutes ago, Apparition of Jack said:

But... why not? Dude, you're super fucking smart and your insights are invaluable, but even you must surely understand the need to approach things on a grounded, personal level?

My smarts are directly correlated with my not caring about trivial person level stuff.

That's what most people in this thread are asking. If we just wanted to sit about pondering the evolution of technology as a result of climate change or pontificate about how everything is all God's plan we could just build a shelter in the arctic and do that all while the rest of the world goes crazy.

On the contrary. While you do a circle jerk of fearmongering over petty survival stuff, you will drive the whole world crazy while wisdom and vision is lost on you.

Most people here have families, live in cities or towns, have jobs, hobbies, etc. And climate change is going to mess with all of that.

Yes, of course, but that is self-inflicted.

There will not be action on climate change precisely because people are so preoccuped with petty personal survival issues that they don't give a fuck about the climate. Until it melts their face off. Then they start to care and action gets taken.

So the suffering is absolutely necessary here. Trying to reduce the suffering is not a solution because most people only move their ass when they suffer.

How is telling a family in California who just lost their house in a wildfire that "don't worry, in 50 years time we'll have free solar everywhere" going to help them in that moment? When they're feeling sad, angry, upset, confused, distressed?

That's not who my teachings or communications are for.

And telling people that climate change will collapse civilization is not helping anyone. In fact, it leads to depression and apathy. Mine is a message of hope.

My message is the most pro-humanity. You doomers and gloomers in this thread have an anti-humanity message and are getting lost in fear and hopelessness due to mypoia. That was my only point in this thread.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And telling people that climate change will collapse civilization is not helping anyone. In fact, it leads to depression and apathy. Mine is a message of hope.

My message is the most pro-humanity. You doomers and gloomers in this thread have an anti-humanity message and are getting lost in fear and hopelessness due to mypoia. That was my only point in this thread.

I appreciate this persepective

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 7/22/2021 at 0:39 PM, Thought Art said:

Devil of the day award goes toooooo

Nah I am just being honest. That's just my level of development.

I know I am low consciousness, compared to you my green friend who wants to save the world.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:36 PM, roar said:

@Arcangelo Are you dead already?

I am sending love your way bro. The fact that you logged in to write this tells me you are in a dark, dark place, your energy is not vibrating with love and joy. (As you can see guys I am moving into green)

With that being said I am gonna add you to my ignore list. You opinion means nothing to me, what a sad thing to write to another fellow actualizer.

Namaste

On 7/22/2021 at 8:16 AM, Leo Gura said:

Mankind has survived far worse with far less technical capability.

There is no reason all why mankind cannot simply suck all the CO2 out of the atmosphere. It's merely a question of the political will to do so. And as suffering increases political will will increase.on at

We can make the temperature whatever we want on this planet.

You should be more worried about an asteroid strike. Now that would really fuck us up.

That alone is in our power, which is our own work; and in this class are our opinions, impulses, desires, and aversions. On the contrary, what is not in our power, are our bodies, possessions, glory, and power. Any delusion on this point leads to the greatest errors, misfortunes, and troubles, and to the slavery of the soul

1)  Mankind has survived far worse with far less technical capability.  <- This is a false argument.  Technical capability depends on resources and never before has the world had fewer resources.  Technical expression is using tools.  Tools work on resources.  The population of the world is in overshoot and never before has so little planet had to feed so many.

2) Mankind cannot suck CO2 out of the atmosphere. Political will has nothing to do with it, but science and available resources has everything to do with it.  Science and resources say no.  We are already fracking rock and boiling sand to get oil and after that all we have left are unicorns. 

It is a childish fantasy to think we have the energy resources and the technical expertise to remove CO2 from the atmosphere  To reduce C02 by 0.01% would require the sequestration of one billon tons of carbon.  At my leisure I will verify the quantitative accuracy of that statement and figure out how big a pile of coal that would be the same as.  Geoengineering is a cornucopian fantasy.  And as suffering increases political DOES NOT will increase.  Confusion and chaos size the day as suffering increases.  Often starting wars.  Your last claim was nothing more than a wish.

3) This statement has no basis in physical reality whatever.  The evidence that climate change is real is now unquestionable and we have no viable solutions to address that problem at this time.  As we have a society with a rigid class structure America does not have the social machinery to address the climate emergency.

4)You should be more worried about an asteroid strike. Now that would really fuck us up.You should be more worried about an asteroid strike. Now that would really fuck us up. <----------  I am going to side with Epictetus

"That alone is in our power, which is our own work; and in this class are our opinions, impulses, desires, and aversions. On the contrary, what is not in our power, are our bodies, possessions, glory, and power. Any delusion on this point leads to the greatest errors, misfortunes, and troubles, and to the slavery of the soul"

Being upset over what you have no power over is the occupation of a fool.  You have no power over an asteroid strike.

PS : The banana equivalent to Covid-19 is spreading to new countries, forcing the industry to change how the world’s most widely eaten fruit is farmed and even how it could taste.  That is a BBC headline.

And PS PS :  You are welcome to look at my matrix of links by which you can explore the climate emergency and diffuse your ignorance.   The blinking colored bubbles below the virtual city header on top are all links.  Roll your mouse over the hexagonal colored bubbles and websites  appear in a text box below the graphic.  Don't be offended that you are not yet in the list.  I just found out about you.

https://chasingthesquirrel.com/

On 7/24/2021 at 10:15 PM, captainamerica said:

And when fossil fuels run out both cars and the internet stop working.  Then we have manure, but not from horses.  We will have it because we will be in deep shit.

@K-Dog have you considered the possibility that you're infected with a mind virus of global hysteria and now you're trying to spread this panic to other people? For all you know, nothing that you've been told is correct. There's plenty of climate scientists who've been violently pushed away from the mainstream or outright fired for stating their opinion. Basically if you don't preach doom and gloom today then your career is as good as finished. The reasonable expectation is that the Earth is indeed warming, it's not nearly as bad as it's portrayed in the media, and we'll get over it one way or the other. Leo's message is much closer aligned to truth than yours.