Thought Art

Adeptus makes a good point (reality isn't an illusion)

124 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

@OctagonOctopus no i do not mean he is doing it intentionaly with devilry intent. I mean he lead us with ignorance and like a blind leading the blind

You wouldn't know because you haven't read books like you claim. So, you may be right that it is blind leading the blind.

But, it is also possible you are so ignorant and uneducated you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Not meaning offence, I am personally epistemologically humbled.. So I see that way. Which is why I remain open as I gain more raw knowledge and experience to contemplate and grow.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art leo is an intellectual giant and rob is nowhere near. But mastery process does not care if u are dumb or a genius.it delivers result according to ur practice.i am a psychidelic virgin myself. My point is be open minded and explore multiple perspectives and even explore people who critisize leo. I have seen leo got wrong in some fields. He is the most advanced big picture thinker on selfhelp in this planet.but he has limitations when it comea to technical details. Big picture people sometimes sucks in technical details

@Thought Art i have done enough research on that particular topic to know that leo is wrong.like i said leo is the most advanced big picture person.but u cant be the best in 100 of different things

@asifarahim

Not sure where you got the impression that I was suggesting anyone had malicious intent. All I am asking is for you to point to an example of what you are saying. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

3 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

@Thought Art leo is an intellectual giant and rob is nowhere near. But mastery process does not care if u are dumb or a genius.it delivers result according to ur practice.i am a psychidelic virgin myself. My point is be open minded and explore multiple perspectives and even explore people who critisize leo. I have seen leo got wrong in some fields. He is the most advanced big picture thinker on selfhelp in this planet.but he has limitations when it comea to technical details. Big picture people sometimes sucks in technical details

I agree. But, Mastery is not simply the amount of years you took some drugs or substances, or even the amount of years you did a profession.

It is a mindset and you can pursue mastery (Leo literally works full time on this, while I think Rob has a day job) in a different way.

You can far surpass someone of 20 years experience in 5 years if you train way smarter and have more time to dedicate to the craft. You have to really look at what the two people are doing. Did you practice everyday for 5 years 8 hours a day with all the best resources? Or did you know about and enjoy a thing for 20 years on the weekend? Big difference.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@OctagonOctopus ok the place is  kriya yoga mega thread.people there believe jc stevens is enough and gaman is god.thankfully one member went to teacher and point out our faults

5 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

We can all agree upon that you can "look" at reality in very different ways and there is always proof off every paradigm that exists.

A materialist will look and interpret his experiences according to his paradigm.

How many years you done a thing does matter but not really in this case.

Either it is an hallucination in the brain or it is conciousness and mind that is reality.

You see, a guy who started running for 4 years vs a guy who has run for 20 years, the 4 years guy might "own" the 20 year guy because the 20 year runner has become dull and slow and comfortable and is not progressing.

Years dont mean anything really.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

5 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

@OctagonOctopus ok the place is  kriya yoga mega thread.people there believe jc stevens is enough and gaman is god.thankfully one member went to teacher and point out our faults

How do you know who is an authority? Did you actually confirm this in your own experience or was it a belief?

I will take time to read that thread in a couple weeks I think. I am just getting into the Krya book list stuff.

Leo isn't infallible I think for sure. But, he has a very unique perspective.

Thankfully, if it did happen the forum exists for these types of corrections to take place for us.

anyway.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art i got out of my smoking addiction and was looking for a way to end suffering.i researched kriya because my life depend on it. Leo is wrong there.so he can be wrong in many things. Just do your research and dont put leo on a pedastal and thinking he is a god sent angel and is the final authority on a subject.@Thought Art

Edited by asifarahim

4 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

@Thought Art i got out of my smoking addiction and was looking for a way to end suffering.i researched kriya because my life depend on it. Leo is wrong there.so he can be wrong in many things. Just do your research and dont put leo on a pedastal and thing he is a god sent angel and is the final authority on a subject.@Thought Art

Wrong about?

To me what you are saying about authority is obvious at this point. Though, also an important reminder. Like I have already said... I am epistemologically humble.

Leo does get a relative authority over others in my view simply do to the nature of his situation in life. I of course read and learn from many sources.

We can all be wrong. Do you think professional basket ball players always get every shot? It is a matter of accuracy. 

What is he right or wrong about? You don't know. That is the point. So, we go about doing the work.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I have been a follower of leo on 7 years now. I wish only the best for him and want the best for this forum.i am not someone trying to destroy someone.leo has a place in this world.he is the most advanced big picture thinker .he is the best in explaining advanced self help concepts to a total noobie.but man has limitations and flaws and i am pointing it out. 

1 minute ago, asifarahim said:

I have been a follower of leo on 7 years now. I wish only the best for him and want the best for this forum.i am not someone trying to destroy someone.leo has a place in this world.he is the most advanced big picture thinker .he is the best in explaining advanced self help concepts to a total noobie.but man has limitations and flaws and i am pointing it out. 

There no fear of being destroyed. 

This is the place for these conversations. 

I think you think you are pointing out flaws but you aren't really backing anything up. You are just saying what you think imo.

Every single person has flaws. That is human.

◭"89"

On 7/2/2021 at 10:08 AM, Thought Art said:

What are you opinions on this? He makes a lot of sense to me. 

I am still struggling with all the information I am learning about what reality really is. 

I can say that, his point of view makes a lot more sense for surviving reality and this seems to be a mature and grounded way to approach reality.

My personal understanding is that reality is infinite intelligence and the manifestation of this intelligence. It's all connected and a weird strangeloop. It's nothing. But, it exists.

"There is more to reality than what humans can perceive, therefore reality itself is an illusion"

I think is not the full picture of what Deepak and mystics are saying. They are saying the entire way you see reality is relative, and even reality is relative therefore it's an illusion of consciousness. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Matter of defintion.

What is, is absolute - impossible to grasp.

Call it reality if you will. 

Call it illusion if you will.

Call it god if you will. 

Call it common definition.. no, that's not it.

What is perceived is relative - relative to human kind, relative to individual sense/need of self, relative to what is imagined as no self. 

What we experience as reality is a make up of perception, and letting go moves us closer to the absolute, as much as we can perceive.

Disidentification removes limitations as process.

The absolut majority of us will never sense it. 

Not a single one of us will grasp it. 

The one who claim to have grasped, is disillusioned. 

Getting caught with definitions is a distraction. 

The illusion is based on the need to understand. 

Mu. 

And it's all perfectly fine.

"I" do agree that it all is deliberately but unconsciously mystified - most certainly by ego regardless of how enlighten that ego claims to be.

My ego sees it as "certain". 

The absolute has no need to communicate. 

Communication is always biased and scewed in ways.

Therefore "I" ain't it. 

Let go of that, too. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Reality is an illusion. 

As Deepok said, reality does not exist. 

Then, let it be music.

◭"89"

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Reality is an illusion. 

As Deepok said, reality does not exist. 

@Nahm

Bro ?

In which case, Deepak doesn't exist either, and everything is illusory without anything non-illusory behind it. Therefore nothing is true, by which to know the illusion is an illusion. 

Reductio ad absurdum? Surely I must be misunderstanding this? After all, Real and Imaginary are supposed to be opposites in meaning, and if you deny the use of opposites, distinctions, by saying that opposites are equal, then all language collapses and we can't say anything. 

My way out of this hole (and retain a shred of sanity), is to rely on the distinction of absolute and relative truth. In the absolute sense, real vs imaginary doesn't exist, "all is one"; yet relatively speaking, they do exist. That relative sense is of course, what can be spoken of. The absolute can only be described with relative language, that's the problem. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)