Thought Art

Adeptus makes a good point (reality isn't an illusion)

124 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

Whether you cognitively agree or not, the fact that you picked up a device and typed out your disagreement, while acting out entirely in accordance with my "assumption" is good enough for me. Perhaps next time you should just dream your thoughts over to me, it would be a much more convincing argument.

As for the simulation/illusion/hallucination then I already covered this in the video around the 09:17 mark 

@AdeptusPsychonautica How do you explain then that you have intimate/direct access to Consciousness (Consciousness = Your Bubble) and "we" are outside of it?

Your bubble = Direct Consciousness Access / Intimate

We/Other People/Physical reality = You having an idea of "we" having Consciousness

I mean it is a strange, to say the least. That's why some of us doubts the "assumptions" of physical reality existing in the first place. 

@AdeptusPsychonautica yes, it seems to me like there's a me talking to a you, and that's good enough for me.. but it's the 'seeming' that's foundational. 

Is this forum 'real' or does it just 'seem real'? If I can't tell the difference, which I can't, then there's no difference. 

^this part seems to be missed by so many. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

24 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

Whether you cognitively agree or not, the fact that you picked up a device and typed out your disagreement, 

This appears to have a ground but really doesnt...because once you realize it's a dream you know it's all entertainment.  There's nothing else to do but dream and interact with yourself in different ways.  Knowing this doesn't mean you should stop dreaming.  You can if you want to.  You can go live in a cave and stop talking to everyone else because it's pointless, nothing matters and it's all you.  But if you want you can imagine otherwise...you can dive back in and magine there is someone on the other end of the conversation and that becomes real for you.  Yet you also know not to take things too seriously.   It's all a game God is playing.  You've beaten the game, but what fun is that?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I am 100% certain that something seems to be happening, it's self evident.. but I could always be totally confused about what that something is. 

---------------------------------------

You could be dreaming right now. If you dream about me talking to you on a forum, does that prove that you're not dreaming this? No.

I could be dreaming THIS right now. If I dream about you talking to me on a forum will that prove that I'm not dreaming this? No. 

How do you know you won't eventually awaken from the dream you are in now to discover that you're actually just a brain in a vat somewhere??  You don't.

How do I know I won't eventually awaken from a dream I'm in now to discover that I'm actually just a brain in a vat somewhere?? I don't.

But none of the seems to matter. My reality is always exactly how it seems, until it seems otherwise, in which case it's still exactly how it seems. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."