Terell Kirby

Free Will of God vs. Free Will of Man

13 posts in this topic

New insight: the existence of free will is contextual.

In the Absolute sense, the human does not have free will because it doesn't actually exist. If one gives any belief to the actual existence of humans, then it is easy to believe that your human form, through science, is responsible for this present moment. But you, as God, are imagining and manipulating your human form like a puppet.

You as God holds Absolute Free Will over all of present existence (ie. the universe in its entirety). The problem is giving your limited human identity all the credit.

One has to really grasps what it means to be God to solve the free will puzzle. It can be quite maddening when you find out that you don't have free will, but you must be able separate yourself your human form, at least for a short while, to prevent it from freaking you out.

Once you realize this, you understand you've always had free will. This only happens through choosing to see the "I" that is you, as infinite...and not the finite human you imagine yourself to be.

So you both have it and don't have it but ultimately have it.

Thanks!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

God doesn't have free will either because God is not an acting or choosing entity.

God cannot be anything other than what it is.

1 hour ago, vladorion said:

God doesn't have free will either because God is not an acting or choosing entity.

God cannot be anything other than what it is.

To say God isn’t something is to assume a limitation. God is infinite..there are no limitations to its choosing and acting. God is also you in every sense.

4 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

To say God isn’t something is to assume a limitation. God is infinite..there are no limitations to its choosing and acting. God is also you in every sense.

To say God isn't something is like saying that water isn't a wave. It can assume any form (including the form of someone who is acting and choosing) but it doesn't become anything other than what it is.

Freedom and Will are contradictory concepts. Already, we are into relative reality with words. :ph34r:

Consciousness is ultimately free. It has no attributes, and thus is unconstrained. Any attribute, by definition, becomes a limitation.

Sanskrit:

Brahman (Tat; the supreme reality; neither masculine nor feminine; in fact, it has no attributes at all; impossible to describe in words, it is simply pointed to).

Will is the opposite of Freedom. It requires directionality. Insists upon it. The greater the Will, the lesser the Freedom.

Will is an illusion that Freedom creates to entertain itself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

If I don't have free will, then who does? If you say "God" does.. that doesn't tell me much. So there's a invisible man with white beard controlling me or what?

Where is this damn God you're talking about?

I'm God? Well, obviously not since I'm completely powerless.

Anyway..

Then that means: whatever is controlling me, also controls everyone else. So whatever is controlling me, it could suddenly decide to do something completely unexpected, and it could also apply that stuff to everyone else too. So suddenly everyone, including me, would act in whatever way the controller wants.

For example one time "the controller" literally forced me to yell out loud: "God is good". It was really scary stuff.

But.. supposedly also these thoughts comes from "the controller" (God). So.. I don't know..

When you take full responsibility for everything as God, automatically it becomes obvious: you are innocent. Nothing is believed, yet nothing is denied. ;)

Ghost in the Shell ;)

Yes, it is God who has the free will, not the human form. You have to switch the perspective from the material to the spiritual/mental to realize that.

PS. I believed in the "no free will" dogma for almost 10 years.

Ultimately things are wayyy more nuanced than just determinism vs. free will. You have multiple axises of free will that do themselves whether you try to stop them or not. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Terell Kirby: "One has to really grasps what it means to be God to solve the free will puzzle. It can be quite maddening when you find out that you don't have free will, but you must be able separate yourself your human form, at least for a short while, to prevent it from freaking you out."

In my experience, this is very true. 

Singer

14™