levani

still a good idea to take the vaccine ?

37 posts in this topic

i have my slot booked but russel brand's been going on about how the government is manipulating people

but at the same time the government keeps us safe, i don't know what to believe/have anymore lol

@Kalki Avatar Do not discourage people from getting vaccinated.

Waiting equals more death and economic harm.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just go get it. All objections come from insecurity + fear

It's Love.

18 minutes ago, levani said:

@Leo Gura yeah but why should i care about people i don't know ? it's a doggie dog world out there

Would we have the countless systems that prevent and reduce human suffering if everybody adopted that mentality?

You don't have to care about anybody, but caring for people is an inherent byproduct of psychological developement, the more developed one is, the more compassion one tends to have for others and vice versa the more underdeveloped one is, the less one tends to care for others or the environment.

Edited by Harlen Kelly

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not discourage people from getting vaccinated.

Waiting equals more death and economic harm.

I think that Leo has biases about this. He has poor health and thus it's the main reason he had the vaccine.

However, healthy people should be really cautious and sceptical about this. This is the HEALTH CRISIS. If you're not healthy another similar virus will get you eventually. We need to change how we live our lives. Anyway, check this out - very high quality discussion.

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

@Intraplanetary Healthy people take the vaccine in order not to infect somebody who might not be as healthy (even if you don't die from COVID, it can still have negative health consequences on healthy people). 

The same reason why you wear a mask if you are healthy, it's not for you, is for the wellbeing of the entire country. That is an astonishingly selfish and fatuous ideological position. 

By the way, if you were born in a semi developed country, chances are you have been vaccinated multiple times already which makes the fear for this vaccine illogical and irrational. This is not the first nor the last vaccine human beings will make.

Edited by Harlen Kelly

1 minute ago, Harlen Kelly said:

The same reason why you wear a mask if you are healthy, it's not for you, is for the wellbeing of the entire country. That is an astonishingly selfish and fatuous ideological position. 

There is no proof that you won't infect another person if you had a vaccine. You see, you take for granted things you've been told so check your ideology too :) 

softly into the Abyss...

6 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

There is no proof that you won't infect another person if you had a vaccine. You see, you take for granted things you've been told so check your ideology too :) 

I see, you are the equivalent of a flat earther. No matter what information I provide or how legitimate the methodology and process used to derive such information is, you will refute it because you are drowning in anti-intellectualism. Which is not surprising at all, you are not the only one.

Anyways, do what you think appropriate but don't spread misinformation or fearmonger about the vaccine. Somebody else did that not too long ago and the thread was blocked by a moderator. 

Edited by Harlen Kelly

6 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

you will refute it because you are drowning in anti-intellectualism.

what are you talking about?

You're wrapped up in your story and attack me already based on your assumptions and previous conversations.

check the video I share, you'll understand me better. I share it for a reason. 

This vaccine has very little research done. It's been rushed. Also, if anything goes wrong you can't sue the company. you would have no legal rights whatsoever. It's one-sided. big time.

I'm not saying it's bad or good. IT DEPENDS. As everything else in life.

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

@Harlen Kelly

7 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

I see, you are the equivalent of a flat earther. No matter what information I provide or how legitimate the methodology and process used to derive such information is, you will refute it because you are drowning in anti-intellectualism. Which is not surprising at all, you are not the only one.

Anyways, do what you think appropriate but don't spread misinformation or fearmonger about the vaccine. Somebody else did that not too long ago and the thread was blocked by a moderator. 

Was the same user actually.

8 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

I see, you are the equivalent of a flat earther.

seriously, chill out. get out of your head and talk to me with a clear head :) 

softly into the Abyss...

@Intraplanetary Do you understand that humans have been making different vaccines and that you already have been vaccinated multiple times and that humans will continue making vaccines for different diseases? Is that a concept you can comprehend or is that too complex?

Edited by Harlen Kelly

Just now, Harlen Kelly said:

Do you understand that humans have been making different vaccines and that you already have been vaccinated multiple times and that humans will continue making vaccines for different diseases? Is that a concept you can comprehend?

Can you comprehend that the covid vaccine is very controversial and that your ideology may not be right? As I said it depends. There are pros and cons

softly into the Abyss...

1 hour ago, levani said:

@Leo Gura yeah but why should i care about people i don't know ? it's a doggie dog world out there

You don't want covid-19 turning into Ebola-21.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Intraplanetary You cannot even begin to comprehend the depth of your dull-wittedness. It was not Steve the dullard in his back yard who manufactured the vaccine. 

And it is not, by any means, ''controversial'' you are just drowning in anti-intellectualism. Rigorous and thorough methodologies with the help of hundreds of years of medical knowledge were used for the development of this vaccine and future vaccines. 

Again, do what you think is appropriate but do not fearmonger and spread stupidity on the forum. 

2 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

You cannot even begin to comprehend the depth of your dull-wittedness. It was not Steve the dullard in his back yard who manufactured the vaccine. 

And it is not, by any means, ''controversial'' you are just drowning in anti-intellectualism. Rigorous and thorough methodologies with the help of hundreds of years of medical knowledge were used for the development of this vaccine and future vaccines. 

Again, do what you think is appropriate but do not fearmonger and spread stupidity on the forum. 

You're steaming the shit out of yourself :D take a chill pill instead of a vaccine, it may be more helpful for ya ;) 

softly into the Abyss...