SQAAD

Does Everything Happen for a Reason or Not?

39 posts in this topic

I recently heard a talk about the Fine-Tune arguement. Some people claim that things don't happen for a reason. Because noone threw the dice. There were just infinite random throw of the dice that lead to more connectedness, more connected and here we are. Because of mathematics after so many throws of the dice it was inevitable that there would be a universe with intelligent conscious beings.

And we find after the fact  when in reality there was no reason at all. When we look backwards we find reasons but we can't find any reason in the beginning.

Personally i don't think this is true. I beleve everything was very deliberate and God threw the dices with a deliberate purpose.

Any opinions? How do you reconcile all this?

Edited by SQAAD

God is Love

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Whatever is, is meant to be.
The suffering is a gift.
We, everything as one created it to aid us evolve our consciousness.
This is "never" finished.
Even the very time and space in which it happens, is imagined.
Also it is "always" finished as well.
Because whatever is, is.
It's infinitely perfect and imperfect.
It's a paradox, but the paradox is imagined.
Whatever is written here is nonsense.
Truth is beyond words.
It's beautiful beyond words.
Words can point at it.
However they have no truthful meaning of themselves.
There even is something beyond what I'm pointing to right now.

:)

Edited by Hap E-Boi
added some nuance

Often overlooked causes of spiritual regression are exposure to free glutamate and EMF's. For me personally the REID program has helped me a lot, but everyone walks their own path and what has a profound impact for one person might be negligible for another.

God doesn't play with dice xD

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Maybe :)

One could state that dice are just a concept made up by our ego (like every word).
Dice is whatever you perceive it is, but it's nothing of meaning.

So I could state it's both is and isn't depending on ones perspective.

Often overlooked causes of spiritual regression are exposure to free glutamate and EMF's. For me personally the REID program has helped me a lot, but everyone walks their own path and what has a profound impact for one person might be negligible for another.

"Does everything happen for a reason?"

Three concepts (and their implicit assumptions) that need to be questioned before you can proceed to find an answer. 

What do you mean by reason? Why a certain thing happened? The sequence of events that let to that occurance?

Or, the purpose route? What is the meaning, the significance of the event? Why did God wanted it this way and not the other?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

God is Love

Can we say that God is Infinite Intelligence also??

I've heard a non-dual discussion from a writer here is in Greece who talks about these topics.

Basically his arguement was that  ''Intelligence and Random Possible Organization is one and the same. Because of Infinity there were Infinite throws of the dice and it was INEVITABLE with Mathematical Precision that all these infinite dices would lead to more connectednesss and more connectedness''.

He also said 

'' And finally we ourselves continue the work of this SO-CALLED Randomness which reaches this INCREDIBLE astronomical value and FINALLY will be natural RESULT OF INTELLIGENCE ..BUT it does not have SO MUCH DIFFERENCE from the MATERIALS Possible TRACKS of gravity etc ''

What's your take on all of that?? This doesn't sound like Infinite intelligence to me. On one hand he says that there is Intelligence but on the other hand he says that there is randomness. Be he negates both at the same time.

Here is the discussion for everyone who understand greek.

Edited by SQAAD

@Someone here

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I hope so.. xD

@Eternal Unity

55 minutes ago, Eternal Unity said:

What do you mean by reason? Why a certain thing happened? The sequence of events that let to that occurance?

Or, the purpose route? What is the meaning, the significance of the event? Why did God wanted it this way and not the other?

Basically why God wanted it this way and not some other way. Why God wanted me to use the anus to go to the bathroom, why it wanted me to use the mouth to eat and etc.

Was it just randomness that lead to this amazing organization of the universe?  Or Is there no reason whatsoever behind it?

Is there a reason why the Earth is this way and not some other way?

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

or if he does, it is not really gambling for God. If you have unlimited resources, you are not gambling. Only if your resources are finite can you lose or gain anything.. So it is not up to me whether God play dice or not, but if he does, its not equal to the human one.

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

I recently heard a talk about the Fine-Tune arguement. Some people claim that things don't happen for a reason. Because noone threw the dice. There were just infinite random throw of the dice that lead to more connectedness, more connected and here we are. Because of mathematics after so many throws of the dice it was inevitable that there would be a universe with intelligent conscious beings.

And we find after the fact  when in reality there was no reason at all. When we look backwards we find reasons but we can't find any reason in the beginning.

Personally i don't think this is true. I beleve everything was very deliberate and God threw the dices with a deliberate purpose.

Any opinions? How do you reconcile all this?

Its impossible made possible, whichever way we look at it, if we say that reality came out of nothingness. 

Here is a quote that my ex-girlfriend has given me, way before I even was into spirituality:

"Remember that this world is not real! It is a battlefield of opposing forces, where we learn the practice of overcoming that which appears to be using that which we know is the true reality" (true reality aka Love, as mentioned by Leo).  - Richard Bach

If we try to understand how all of this works etc, we might become insane... There are so many little details that go way way deep. One can get lost simply in one area because it is infinite and always has more to understand... So it is better to just leave it to love and act as/in love so we are tuned with the force that moves all this. 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

13 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Is there a reason why the Earth is this way and not some other way?

Leo already gave the answer. It's love. 

Reality is Always how it Loves to be. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle

21 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Leo already gave the answer. It's love. 

Reality is Always how it Loves to be. 

Reality is Love doesn't explain much though..

@SQAAD yeah.. I hear you.   

What if I said, 'Reality is Always how it Wants to be'... or how it 'Prefers' to be... instead? Are those maps any better? 

@Mason Riggle

13 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@SQAAD yeah.. I hear you.   

What if I said, 'Reality is Always how it Wants to be'... or how it 'Prefers' to be... instead? Are those maps any better? 

Yes.. 

@SQAAD I believe it's all by design.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@SQAAD its hard because it's a strange loop. God is infinite. So we can't use a finite mind to conclude an answer. But what we do know is God is Love and this seems to be the ultimate simulator to maximize love.

Definitely not. There is freedom and whatever thing can happen.

Do you think Gof created holocaust "for a reason"? like a colective punishment to jew people or something? that's stupid

Edited by RedLine

15 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Definitely not. There is freedom and whatever thing can happen.

Do you think Gof created holocaust "for a reason"? like a colective punishment to jew people or something? that's stupid

^yeah, no.   'whatever thing can happen' is not the case.. only what will happen, can happen.  

Trees don't grow their leaves facing the sun just because they are free and can.. they do it because they can't do otherwise.  Trees, like everything else, behave exactly how they prefer to behave.  If there was some other ways trees preferred to be, they would be that way. 

I don't mean 'prefer' in the normal sense, they way humans have preferences (although it's certainly true that humans only prefer what they prefer to prefer).. 
I mean it in a metaphorical sense.. the way a ball that is up, prefers to be down.  The way an ice cube prefers to be liquid when it's above freezing temp. The way lightning prefers the path of least resistance. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

38 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

^yeah, no.   'whatever thing can happen' is not the case.. only what will happen, can happen.  

Trees don't grow their leaves facing the sun just because they are free and can.. they do it because they can't do otherwise.  Trees, like everything else, behave exactly how they prefer to behave.  If there was some other ways trees preferred to be, they would be that way. 

I don't mean 'prefer' in the normal sense, they way humans have preferences (although it's certainly true that humans only prefer what they prefer to prefer).. 
I mean it in a metaphorical sense.. the way a ball that is up, prefers to be down.  The way an ice cube prefers to be liquid when it's above freezing temp. The way lightning prefers the path of least resistance. 

I would suggest that for humans and other intelligent beings it is about the balancing between being and doing. 

A tree and lightning do not have the opportunity to do, they can only be and passively grow (for vegitation). 

Humans are a complicated bunch with many perverted minds and many blinded by perceived superiority to the rest of creation.

Creates a lot of imbalance and it is up to us to balance this play or we go the way of the dodo! (which is a horrible expression... Dodo birds were very gentle creatures and didn't deserve what happened to them... Much bad karma for humanity right there... But we can make it better, we can be better.) 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟