Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Virtus

How to transform yourself into an exciting person?

17 posts in this topic

My question is how someone like me - introverted, more analytical and in his head and not very funny and social can become more interesting, extroverted, funnier and exciting person to hang out and be around with (with both sexes). I don’t ask this because I want to be popular or something like that but because I see the power in it and also I think it will lead to a more exciting and colourful life. I know this is a deep topic but if you can give me the essence of this and maybe examples of actions I can take

Take an improv class.

More importantly, try to become the kind of person who gets told 'take an improv class' and actually goes and does it, rather than someone who just nods to themself saying "hm yeah that might be good" but then forgets about it within a few minutes.

You must allow yourself to be spontaneous. Stop calculating all your steps in your head before taking them. Leave some room for improvisation. Learn how to tap into the flow.

If you can; embark on a spontaneous journey into the unknown. Don't plan too much. Just go. Just do it. Experience will grant you the qualities you seek.

4 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

You must allow yourself to be spontaneous. Stop calculating all your steps in your head before taking them. Leave some room for improvisation. Learn how to tap into the flow.

This is why I suggested an improv class.  In truth, a person who feels restricted in their behaviour can't just allow themselves to be spontaneous, they need an external social situation which not ony gives them permission to do it, but which requires it.  Look for situations which allow for being free and spontaneous like an acting workshop, a friday night on the street in your city where all the bars are, a music festival etc.

Life is essentially roleplaying.  If you want to express a certain character trait and don't want to feel out of place doing it, then put yourself into situations and locations where that role is generally played.  The big fear is about being seen as weird or out of place when acting more outwardly expressive, but you need to learn that there's no behaviour which doesn't have its own place where it's perfectly appropriate.

Awesome! Definitely will take one

Reading many books on the subject and also doing a lot of cardio like running could help. If you run regularly the energy and endorphins this will give you will also change how you interact with others. It's easier to be an exciting person when you are fit. 

Definitely possible. Have you watched this video?

When it comes to comedy, express yourself in a way that you personally find funny without much thought on how whoever may witness it could react. Outside of being overtly offensive I suppose. The more you allow yourself this expression, the more your skill in comedy will be honed. Find comfort in yourself. Generally speaking we are not as awkward as we perceive ourselves to be when we are in our head. We usually become awkward when we focus too much on how to be or what to say. When it comes to being exciting again this should be a natural expression. It's very easily to fall into the trap of excitability which can lead to mania which is generally off-putting to many people. Being yourself is important, but being comfortable with yourself is even more.

1) Develop passion, via LP

2) Develop a Love for life, via spirirual awakening to Love

3) Develop charisma

4) Expose yourself to massive experience in socialization

5) Set the intention to become charismatic, passionate, and humorous no matter what, even if you don't know how.

Humor is an attitude more than a technique. Same with passion.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Just a newbie's video.

Who doesn't know that you need self-love, set goals and boundaries? 

Hmmm, I thought on how to do this when I was young, but never could find a way. In the end life’s lessons gave me what I needed. Success in a social setting, learning to lead teams, deal with money, earn people’s respect as a leader. Those things helped me a lot, it all happened after a promotion at work. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

develop a great personality and associate yourself with high quality personality people from every kind of field. 

I'd like to add that you should do the things that are exciting to you. You'll probably do it for other people for a while, but ultimately, you should have you're own passion. Usually that passion bores the fuck out of most people because they can't relate whatsoever lol. What's funny to you, might not be funny to others, and that's fine. Do that. 

My charisma developed after I started really developing a life purpose. It was a side effect. I realized I created a shell to hide in because I was scared of being open and possibly vulnerable. I have no problem with confidence in myself now after some of the stuff I've discovered and will use later on. You can do that too. You have that capacity. 

I also discovered you can be introverted but highly extroverted for short-bursts. Introverts have a tendency to create an unhealthy association between the social-exaustion they feel and neurotisms. You can be socially exhausted without embarrassment, fear, etc. If you need alone time at social events, don't be worried about telling people you're introverted. Most people will immediately understand and leave you be. By now, most extroverted people get it in my experience, so that's not much of a worry anymore. 

When you develop YOUR character, humor, and passions into more mature state, you create originality, and people will end up liking that more than the washed-out jokes that get tossed around 24/7. It's just a better long-term solution to be you. That's what you should focus on.