longusername12345

There Is No Goal (AKA proof Osho is a badass)

36 posts in this topic

Yes, Osho is one of the best spiritual mentors ever. Its sad that people like leo believed the gaslighting documentary by the establishment against him.

Osho was bad, i saw it in netflix... ooga booga!

1 hour ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

Yes, Osho is one of the best spiritual mentors ever. Its sad that people like leo believed the gaslighting documentary by the establishment against him.

Osho was bad, i saw it in netflix... ooga booga!

That's silly. Leo himself (and everything in existence) proves how transitory 'bad' is. And that's the joy of Osho's teachings! To point to a life beyond good and bad, beyond guru and student. A life of sheer joy just for the fuck of it. Now if you latch onto Osho and his teachings, you are probably missing the point. He is not your savior. He is not the all-knowing source of power that if everybody listened to, would be saved. No! He is another simple human being pleased enough with himself that he points others to this state of existence.

And it's quite beautiful.

Also, I don't recall Leo entirely bashing Osho. It's useful to have awareness of both the shadow and light sides of a spiritual teacher. I'm not aware of the 'gaslighting' of the documentary; I only saw the first episode. It was pretty cool. But I didn't feel the magic until I actually went to Osho's direct teachings. The story behind it (no matter who tells it) is still interesting and may offer perspective. It's a very well-done documentary.

But in the end, none of it matters. All boundaries, all problems, all good and bads, all, just dissolve into the light and begin again. So rejoice!

And that's the beauty of spiritual teachers. They show us this. But what is important is if we have the ears to listen ;)

About Osho...

Osho is the Buddha of the 20th century.

There was a cult around him, created by Sheela and few sheep but he himself was pure.

7 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

he himself was pure.

A pure man would not allow such a cult to develop around him.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A pure man would not allow such a cult to develop around him.

Come to think of it it's like actualized.org also. Created with a good purpose to bring positive influance on people but ends up being a drug abusing hippy club. Lol the irony :D

?

@Salvijus I don't think so. I don't use any drugs and i don't worship Leo or anyone else. Many other people here are also sober and think with their own minds. Your conclusion is false. Or maybe you're joking...

I still have to read Osho. Which is a good book to begin with?

In Tate we trust

@Bojan V half joking :D

Osho had some sober and intelligent studends also, few nutcases are inevitable when you have milions of followers. I'm just pointing out the irony of good teachers having a bad influance. This can be observed in many places I think.

Cheers :)?

Osho loved this cult and he encouraged them with his Roll Royces, diamond Rolexes, orgies, and the like.

Don't even try to compare Osho's commune to Actualized.org. Not even in the same universe.

Osho taught a lot of wonderful nuggets.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Leo Gura You judged him. You compare yourself to him.

He was naive, in terms of the commune. People took advantage of him and his welcoming heart.

The rolls royce... cmon man. He has said many times that the rolls royces were just to attract the attention of foolish people and introduce them to meditation.

Wanting to compare?

He didn't have an artificial awakening created by chemicals combined with the ambition to achieve the "next level".

None of that in him.

His blissfulness, his beauty, his love were completely natural, embodied and fully expressed in every second of his life.

@Peter Miklis imagine giving importance and judgement to some silly orgy.

You are doing it. Osho wasn't, he was living spontaneously and freely.

@Leo Gura Lol but you can't argue with the fact that many are abusing substances recklessly inspired by your good intentions  :D

I think Osho cared for his people and really loved them. I don't see any evil in his heart. Unconsciousness is the source of all evil. And he looks super conscious to me.

Regards :)?

Edited by Salvijus

3 hours ago, Tobia said:

He didn't have an artificial awakening created by chemicals combined with the ambition to achieve the "next level".

None of that in him.

He used recreational drugs.

He was as pure as my ass crack.

If I did 10% of the stuff Osho did, you guys would come for me with pitchforks.

10 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I don't see any evil in his heart.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

@Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He was as pure as my ass.

Great analogy, with multiple layers of meaning?!

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

15 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Unconsciousness is the source of all evil. And he looks super conscious to me.

@Salvijus

47 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Lol but you can't argue with the fact that many are abusing substances recklessly

@Tobia

51 minutes ago, Tobia said:

He didn't have an artificial awakening created by chemicals

As someone very familiar with the clinical psychological literature on drug addiction and the neuroscience of addiction, and the psychopharmacology of addictive substances. You guys have no fucking idea what addiction is. You think anyone who takes a psychedelic more than twice a week is an addict. It is clear you have a bias against substances, and thus your criterion of "abuse" is false. Addiction entails a disruption in the socio-biological function of the addict. I don't see that here, and psychedelics are one of the few chemicals where such disruptions (especially biological) are very low.

LOL, the fact that you use the term natural and unnatural shows that you have yet to break this duality. Even dogmatic scientists know that such distinctions are opaque. Buddhist monks used to drink green tea before meditation to aid in concentration. Does caffeine's action as an adenosine antagonist and L-theanine actions (increase cerebral concentrations of GABA) count as unnatural?

Psychedelics are no different. Serotonergic Psychedelics especially are, in fact, more "natural" than caffeine because many of them (DMT, 5-MEO) are endogenous compounds, and others are analogs of endogenous neurotransmitters. 

Calling any chemical and its influence on the brain "artificial" is a misnomer. They are chemicals acting upon your neurons, nothing more natural than that. 

You can disagree or say they shouldn't be used. But calling it artificial is false.

I think the bias is because you guys feel like it’s a “magic pill” that isn’t natural, like someone taking steroids to gain muscle. When in reality, it is more like using a telescope instead of only your eyes, yet you are still using your eyes. ;)

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Unconsciousness is the source of all evil. And he looks super conscious to me.

Too simplistic. Ken Wilber has called this "Waking up" and "Growing up". Someone can be a super woke monk and a warrior who kills and pillages. And someone can have no idea what awakening is and be a pacifist (Like bertrand russel).

Waking up doesn't necessarily correlate with Growing Up, although of course there is some correlation.