Hap E-Boi

Locating myself within the spiral dynamics construct.

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

When it comes to spiral dynamics - even though I'm aware it's just a construct - I wonder where I might am.

I know I've been stuck in red till about a few years ago, also I am aware I have been through blue since I had a period I took the bible very literally for a while. Not sure where I am right now... orange? green? ...yellow? I'm aware I've had some (most likely) second tier experiences as a result of switching my diet to a whole food one (everything felt like one, no fear, no thought, no desire, gosh it felt so good).

Right now I often have the feeling I need to do a lot of effort to keep my head above water, sometimes being able to lift myself up into a bit flow and enjoying it.

My mind often has a tendency to nihilism, even though I'm aware this is just my mind making up that. I'm doing 100% my best to do good for both myself and others, sometimes this mean assertiveness.

After all, even though it holds partial truth, spiral dynamics is a construct. Perhaps I broke my spiral by reading about second tier concepts whilst in blue? :P

Are there any ways to figure out where I might be? It could give me an idea of what is the next thing to do.

Thanks in advance :)

Often overlooked causes of spiritual regression are exposure to free glutamate and EMF's. For me personally the REID program has helped me a lot, but everyone walks their own path and what has a profound impact for one person might be negligible for another.

See which values resonate with you most. And don't forget, you're never in only one particular stage. 

Check out the Spiral Dynamics Mega Threads:

Purple

Red

Blue

Orange

Green

Yellow

Turquoise

Also be aware of the fact that most people tend on average to locate themselves 2 stages higher than they actually are. So if you think you're at Yellow, chances are that you're actually at Orange and overestimating yourself.

No stage is better than any other stage. They are all necessary and good just as they are. 

Make a list of your main goals, values, and how you use your time. Then we could attempt to make a judgment, but it would likely still be far too simplified. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

10 hours ago, Hap E-Boi said:

Are there any ways to figure out where I might be? It could give me an idea of what is the next thing to do.

The absolute biggest indicator is looking at what values you have integrated HEATHILY into your life.

You can hold, argue, and pay lip service to all these grand values of a stage all you want. But unless you've made the "rubber hit the road" so to speak it essentially means nothing.

For example if you rant on about environmentalism and demonize those for their actions or not taking it seriously, and then haven't taken any concrete steps yourself to respect the environment or lead by example. Then you are probably a stage lower than you think you are in THAT particular aspect.

Spiral Dynamics only becomes useful as a model for personal development if you're brutally honest and observe yourself intently.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I’d say you’re most likely somewhere between Orange and Green.And yes, as @Tim R said, we tend to think we’re higher than we actually are at first.

Edited by Evil Raccoon

I'm not friendly.

12 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Make a list of your main goals, values, and how you use your time. Then we could attempt to make a judgment, but it would likely still be far too simplified. 

Goals:
Improve my mental and gut health, re-engage in intimacy/sex after a long break due to covid, making others and myself happy, to finish a videogame mod (short term), reach enlightenment (long term), happiness is the ultimate goal.

Values:
I see life as the omniscience of god/the universe/consiousness looking through everybody's lens of ego, which is distorted by thought, memory, emotions, the senses, etc. We all share the same consciousness and happiness is valuable.

How I use my time:
Meditating, walking, cycling, working on my modding project, playing the guitar, writing music, taking long warm baths, spending time reading about, watching and listening to high-consciousness resources such as actualized.org, Mooji, Deepak Chopra, Ken Wilber, Teachings of Buddha, Jesus, etc.

Edited by Hap E-Boi

Often overlooked causes of spiritual regression are exposure to free glutamate and EMF's. For me personally the REID program has helped me a lot, but everyone walks their own path and what has a profound impact for one person might be negligible for another.

To me you like green with a bit of orange and blue. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

To me you like green with a bit of orange and blue. 

Perhaps as accurate as it can get.

I still have some blue in me, when things go terribly wrong (like twice a year or so) I start praying to God in the old fashioned way. Even though aware this is not the most high realization of God I had, I allow myself to do so as it gives me some kind comfort. This prevents me from falling deeper and blaming others.

When things don't go that well but not very bad like they are going now, I have the tendency to rationalize or to fall into the trap of nihilism (orange?).

Yesterday I cried after hearing about a murder of a 32 year old man by a 19 year old, not that I judged the murderer. I felt sorry for him too. He had attempted suicide before and was addicted to games. His motive was: I wanted to feel like what it is to do in real life what I do in video games. I felt his pain and how he lost touch with reality. When I saw a picture of the victim my intuition told me it's at least a stage green person and it made me cry harder, like he had such a good vibe on the picture... Gosh I'm almost crying right now while typing this. However I'd feel like I'd give even the murderer a big hug. I guess these are 'green' feelings?

Nonetheless I've experienced moments of what one could call unimaginable bliss, love, fearlessness and peace though. Not caring about talking, needing to answer any existential questions or doing anything, feeling 'God' energy, having only intuition and barely any thought. Ultimately it's beyond words. Those are second tier experiences I guess? But I assume many people in 'green' have them now and then, for example during a walk in nature during the summer when it's raining just not caring about getting wet? Just feeling the rain rinsing away ones ego.

Edited by Hap E-Boi

1 hour ago, Hap E-Boi said:

I still have some blue in me, when things go terribly wrong (like twice a year or so) I start praying to God in the old fashioned way. Even though aware this is not the most high realization of God I had, I allow myself to do so as it gives me some kind comfort.

To me doing that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re Blue.Green can be spiritual without the dogmatic components of religion.If praying, in whatever form (Christian, Muslim, etc), makes you feel some sort of spiritual connection while knowing that this religion is not the absolute truth then it’s more Green cause you’re not praying out of duty to go to heaven like a Blue person would but to feel love, peace and shit like that.The motivation is not the same.

Edited by Evil Raccoon

I'm not friendly.

10 hours ago, Hap E-Boi said:

Goals:
Improve my mental and gut health, re-engage in intimacy/sex after a long break due to covid, making others and myself happy, to finish a videogame mod (short term), reach enlightenment (long term), happiness is the ultimate goal.

Values:
I see life as the omniscience of god/the universe/consiousness looking through everybody's lens of ego, which is distorted by thought, memory, emotions, the senses, etc. We all share the same consciousness and happiness is valuable.

How I use my time:
Meditating, walking, cycling, working on my modding project, playing the guitar, writing music, taking long warm baths, spending time reading about, watching and listening to high-consciousness resources such as actualized.org, Mooji, Deepak Chopra, Ken Wilber, Teachings of Buddha, Jesus, etc.

Your overall average probably falls somewhere in the green range from what you’ve said. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Place a dot on each section (center out the stages) you most resonate with on a good day, then do the same for a bad day. This will reveal a range. (right click image, open in new tab to zoom in)

1*twTVeEz7DA04JWR0ZAfkKQ.jpeg

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 29/04/2021 at 8:35 PM, Tim R said:

Also be aware of the fact that most people tend on average to locate themselves 2 stages higher than they actually are.

so if I say i'm stage orange does that mean I'm actually red?  or only if someone puts themselves as higher than green is that the case lol. 

how would stage blue look for someone who wasn't religious?