cetus

Is Schizophrenia An Extream Case Of Monkey Mind?

47 posts in this topic

This is a little disturbing. Monkey mind on steroids.

maybe

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

I used to try to help someone who suffered from severe schizophrenia. She had all the symptoms - catatonic, paranoid, etc..Not only did she suffered from auditory hallucinations but also visual. It is extremely hard to live with if it's severe. The person has to be on meds. Symptoms could be mild and manageable to severe. Here's a documentary about it (Part 1 & 2):

(This topic is under a different category.)

Edited by Key Elements

Schizophrenia is not a disease that happens to a few people — it is the normal state of humanity. Everybody is divided, split. You can watch it in your own life. When you are not with a woman, with a man, not in love, you think, you fantasize about love. Love seems to be the goal. That seems to be the very meaning of life. When you are with a woman or with a man and in love, suddenly you start thinking in terms of spiritualism: “This is attachment, this is possessiveness, this is lust.” A condemnation arises. You cannot be alone and you cannot be with somebody. If you are alone you hanker for the crowd, for the other. If you are with somebody you start hankering to be alone. This is something to be understood, because everybody has to face this problem. You are born in a schizophrenic world. You have been given double standards. You have been taught materialism, and you have been taught spiritualism, together. The whole society goes on teaching you contradictory things.

Some unfortunates cross the limit.

19 hours ago, Key Elements said:

I used to try to help someone who suffered from severe schizophrenia. She had all the symptoms - catatonic, paranoid, etc..Not only did she suffered from auditory hallucinations but also visual. It is extremely hard to live with if it's severe. The person has to be on meds. Symptoms could be mild and manageable to severe. Here's a documentary about it (Part 1 & 2):

@Key Elements That must be pure torment for a person who experiences it 24/7. We all know what trouble one monkey mind can give us. I can't imagine it X100 monkey minds. You gotta wonder what is going on there. Are they channeling something or is it all them as a severe case of monkey mind or subconscious mind coming uncontrollably to the surface or what? We are tuned basically to the same level of consciousness. But schizophrenics seem to have the dial switching channels moment to moment. Imagine listening to a radio that is changing stations constantly.

Edited by cetus56

@cetus56

It could be genetic. It could be drug induced. It's in psychology / psychiatry. The interesting thing is parapsychology is also another branch of psychology, which makes it really interesting, but those are two different branches.

@Key Elements  Can you imagine how many people through history that were labeled as being evil or having the devil in them because of this disease. That's really messed up! But what Prabhaker said is really on point here. I seen a woman in a shopping store a couple weeks ago that was probably suffering from this. She was talking back to somebody. At first I thought she was on a cell phone. But no, there was no cell phone.

Edited by cetus56

@cetus56

Yes, I understood when you mentioned Prabhaker. That's why I mentioned parapsychology. That's the branch that studies spirituality - like near death experiences, seeing no-self, etc.

@cetus56

My guess is, it probably is possible to have both schizophrenia and spirituality together. I have heard that maybe a monk who is in one of Dalai Lama's temple has both.

Edited by Key Elements

Woow just another thing to be grateful for I feel bad for anyone with that thats fucked like voices all the time id go fuckin nutsss

I guess to some extent monkey mind could be considered a mild form of schizophrenia. That little ego voice in our head that often tells us how to feel or react. And yes, society doesn't help. Contradictions everywhere. Another great reason to do this work is to see through the BS of it all.

@Kayako This is way off the topic of monkey mind and schizophrenia but since you introduced Christ spirit here, check out this message from Mooji. The guy in the video that you presented seems to be filled with a lot of mental concepts through voices in his head. Here is something to wash that away.  I hope you like it!:)

I agree with @Prabhaker . I think almost everyone suffers from some form of “schizophrenia” in that we create situations and ideas in our mind that are simply not reality. It stems from our deep capacity for thought. No other animal, as far as we know, suffers from mind patterns gone out of control to the degree humans do.

I guess the medically diagnosed schizophrenia as we know it can be conceptualized as “monkey mind on steroids”. I always find the words “monkey mind” kind of funny, because I think even monkeys are more calm and stable than the average human mind. :P 

Edited by Frogfucius

@cetus56 I posted that link as it relates to your comment just before my post.. I'm sure you didn't watch it as you would have seen the correlation.. if you know anything you'd recognize he speaks of getting his info during a lucid dream (astral projection/dream world/a state of meditation) from other people.. if you don't know you don't know what can I tell yah.. Ask leo

Edited by Kayako

It's better to burn out than fade away

40 minutes ago, Kayako said:

and enlightened people that play games..

Any enlightened person would suggest that you find what is true through your own direct experience and not through anyone's words or ideas.

There is no other way.

No, schizophrenia is physiological and chemical. Not merely over-thinking.

I've read that schizophrenics have more 5-meo-DMT in their blood than normal people. Although I doubt that's the only difference. Their brain physiology is different.

Which is not to say it cannot be changed. The brain is quite plastic with lots of room for development.

My last mushroom trip felt like I went totally insane. So I can relate with insanity a bit now (I think). Although it didn't feel like just a bunch of random voices in my head. It was more like I felt I was disconnected from all human beings and no one would ever understand anything I knew because I stopped believing in consensus reality.

Interesting video.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

I suppose when taking any substances, one has to be sure it is pure. Otherwise, it may induce mental illnesses such as schizophrenia. I saw you mentioning in another post to test for purity before taking any substances.

The person who I tried to help, hers was drug induced. I also know of someone else who suffers severely because it was drug induced. Yes, it's best when experts are giving advices on substances, and that too more than one expert. I'm guessing you want to become an expert, especially on this topic, Leo-very profound topic too. Best of Journey and please be very careful. Schizophrenia is very serious . 

Note: This patient I was working with doesn't have a family history of schizophrenia. Her case was not genetic - purely drug induced.

I want to include in a clip below that the patient I tried to help would probably look something like this if she went off her meds. Yes, she had it horrible. Notice how you have to talk to the patient in a certain way. However, don't compare mild forms of schizophrenia with severe forms of schizophrenia. There is a spectrum. Many can control it but some cannot.

Edited by Key Elements

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My last mushroom trip felt like I went totally insane. So I can relate with insanity a bit now (I think). Although it didn't feel like just a bunch of random voices in my head. It was more like I felt I was disconnected from all human beings and no one would ever understand anything I knew because I stopped believing in consensus reality.

@Leo GuraHaha. I experienced something similar to this. I was thinking to myself at the time " This is how insane ppl must feel", a disconnect.  It was a bit depressing and frustrating seeing this from the perspective of "no matter how I convey something to another person it will never fully reach them". Like each person was in their own separate bubble and at best we could only bump bubbles into each other. The most insane part of that is that it's true. This gets at the crux of why I say, ego colors our world to a greater extent (even though it's an illusion). Stripped of all ego, existence becomes stark in it's raw naked form. That was quite an eye opener, especially b-c I had only experienced from the perspective of ego until than.