cetus

Is Schizophrenia An Extream Case Of Monkey Mind?

47 posts in this topic

Hey what drugs induced schizophrenia cuz I smoked alot kush during my teens and probs changed my brain structure im still a teen I meditate so hopefully I dont get that shit fuckk?

Hey what drugs induce schizophrenia cuz I smoked alot of weed in my teen years probs changed the structure of my brain alot im still a teen and im not worried about developing this disease but I do realize I probs increased my chances I meditate so hopefully thatll help me nit get it @Key Elements

@mikeyy I knew two guys in town growing up that did wwaayy too many drugs. The final mental collapse, when it did happen was like the straw that broke the camels back. As far as I know, they were never the same again. In a really bad way. What I'm saying is your fine! But once that threshold is broken, it's too late.  I don't know exactly what they were doing but it was much more than what you refer to. My guess is a lot of different drugs at one time. Pills, acid, PCP ect. The local doctors office was broken into and drugs were stolen. I suspect it was them, so who knows what they got their hands on.

Edited by cetus56

@mikeyy

Hey, I just saw your post. The two ppl I knew who took drugs took recreational street drugs that caused their schizophrenia. Now, I'm not sure which ones. One of them, her cousin mentioned it, and the other wrote it in her journal and someone got a hold of her journal and told me.

It depends on your brain chemistry. Some ppl are more prone to developing mental illnesses more than others, esp if it runs in the family. It also depends on how long you've been doing it. If you're very concerned, you might want to take a brain scan. Pls, don't worry. Just do a lot of research before you do something. Yes, it's a great idea to study mental illnesses. There's more than just schizophrenia. There's also bipolar disorder - has to do more with mood swings. There's a whole range of them.

Yea forsure im not worried but uh I am curious what my brain looks like these days cuz I musta done some damage dothey let u take a brain scan for no reason like can I go hey I used to do drugs tryna see what it did to my brain ahah?

@mikeyy

I knew someone who took a cat scan and MRI. Both required health insurance. I'm not sure which type of scan is done for brain chemistry related to mental illnesses like schizophrenia. Is it PET scan? I just helped the patient. I didn't get to go that far into it.

@mikeyy

Look. Here it is. I have never taken her to the hospital (her family did) but this looks interesting.  Just wanted to share. I knew it wasn't MRI.

Edited by Key Elements

1 minute ago, mikeyy said:

dothey let u take a brain scan for no reason like can I go hey I used to do drugs tryna see what it did to my brain ahah?

If they do you would probably have to pay for it out of pocket. And it's not cheep. I have lesions on the brain from MS and it's about $5000.00 US for a MRI.   I have to have my doctor write me a script for it as a medical necessity to be covered.

23 hours ago, cetus56 said:

Any enlightened person would suggest that you find what is true through your own direct experience and not through anyone's words or ideas.

There is no other way.

All my own direct experience.. They like playing prophets and will manipulate the system to bring their prophecy to fruition.. There's different sides with players just Like its a game..  Except these games affect people's lives and they don't care because they know what happens to us when we die.. They just want the story to go the way they want it to except it's not a happy ending for everyone.. 

And they will spiritually torment people "haunting" them in an attempt to drive them crazy.. Believe me or not I really don't care.. 

Do your drugs.. Do your dmt.. But don't be surprised when your body gets possessed by someone else's spirit while yours is off searching for infinity.. Sweat dreams.. They all want to murder me in their own way but I told you more than anyone has on this forum you're welcome.. 

Edited by Kayako

It's better to burn out than fade away

13 hours ago, Key Elements said:

@Leo Gura

I suppose when taking any substances, one has to be sure it is pure. Otherwise, it may induce mental illnesses such as schizophrenia. I saw you mentioning in another post to test for purity before taking any substances.

It's not a matter of impure substances. It's just normal spiritual purification happening. The ego doesn't go down without a fight.

7 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Leo GuraHaha. I experienced something similar to this. I was thinking to myself at the time " This is how insane ppl must feel", a disconnect.  It was a bit depressing and frustrating seeing this from the perspective of "no matter how I convey something to another person it will never fully reach them". Like each person was in their own separate bubble and at best we could only bump bubbles into each other. The most insane part of that is that it's true. This gets at the crux of why I say, ego colors our world to a greater extent (even though it's an illusion). Stripped of all ego, existence becomes stark in it's raw naked form. That was quite an eye opener, especially b-c I had only experienced from the perspective of ego until than.  

Yup, pretty much what I experienced.

But it's still not ultimately true. The real truth is much deeper and more beautiful.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura "The real truth is much deeper and more beautiful"

I just got back from riding my ATV. Well, I got about 100 yds. into the woods and it quit on me. Tried to restart it, no such luck. What to Do now?  Melt into every thingness. Total absorption.

Edited by cetus56

The real truth is even truth is a concept that must be let go of. 

14720622_315991958771755_8379833180066125333_n.jpg

PS one's mental life is physiological in nature, and therefor has physiological affect & one's physiology will in return affect one's mental life. 

Edited by Rali

Does beauty exist only in the eye of the beholder? Does truth exist only in the eye of the beholder? Who is the beholder? The creator- you.

Edited by cetus56

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not a matter of impure substances. It's just normal spiritual purification happening. The ego doesn't go down without a fight.

Leo, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about substances such as 5meo, for example, being impure, being mixed up with some other substance and causing something like schizophrenia or some other mental illness. Or, maybe it's pure and it still causes mental illness of some kind due to your genetics or just because your brain chemistry is more prone.

Remember, you recommended testing kit for purity of the substance?

Pls understand what I'm saying.

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My last mushroom trip felt like I went totally insane.

I'm not against what you are doing, just concerned, ok? First shroom trip was ok. After 5meo, second shroom trip was "epic." You said that on your clip. That's a huge change. In this life, there are always two sides to the same coin. You have to wonder what this really is, right?

Edited by Key Elements

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 11:35 PM, Rali said:

The real truth is even truth is a concept that must be let go of.

14720622_315991958771755_8379833180066125333_n.jpg

PS one's mental life is physiological in nature, and therefor has physiological affect & one's physiology will in return affect one's mental life.

So true  !!!

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

On 10/29/2016 at 3:24 AM, Leo Gura said:

No, schizophrenia is physiological and chemical. Not merely over-thinking.

I've read that schizophrenics have more 5-meo-DMT in their blood than normal people. Although I doubt that's the only difference. Their brain physiology is different.

And what do you think creates the chemicals? 

The unawakened conditioned mind (formed by genetics/circumstances) + the consciousness (whether high or low) together creates the physical reflection.

As some one who has experienced this disease (with a diagnoses though everyone could have told me I was nuts, I deep down knew it myself as well) has cured it fully for years after discovering advaita, I can tell you, it is 100% an extreme state of ego (that of course also has no clue about it's true nature).

-

What may separate the genetically prone people and those supposedly not prone (though as a matter of fact, the evidence for genetics playing really a significant role at all is somewhat disputable) is in my view:

The fact that some may be wired to be more imaginative and abstract in thinking, which may HELP facilitate the monkey mind into delusion, but certainly does not cause it. 

I wrote a long piece about it here http://davidkloos.weebly.com/main/what-is-mental-illness-anxiety-depression-psychosis

@AlwaysBeNice I have extreme monkey mind, was dx'd w/ psychosis a few years ago, never continued treatment.
Anyways, I think you're right about it being an extreme case of ego.  Like, such an extreme case that the ego literally separates from yourself and it's like you're watching your actions from far away.

I'm really impressed that you were able to cure it.
I'll check that out for sure, looks like an interesting read.

7 minutes ago, Annetta said:

@AlwaysBeNice I have extreme monkey mind, was dx'd w/ psychosis a few years ago, never continued treatment.
Anyways, I think you're right about it being an extreme case of ego.  Like, such an extreme case that the ego literally separates from yourself and it's like you're watching your actions from far away.

I'm really impressed that you were able to cure it.
I'll check that out for sure, looks like an interesting read.

That sounds like depersonalization (through suppression/trauma) or awakening, or perhaps even both.