Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whatishappeningtome

Right Wing Internet Sinks To A New Low

26 posts in this topic

Steven Crowder recently uploaded a video of him trying to debunk the idea that George Floyd died from asphyxiation. 

I am genuinely shocked at how demented his mind is to think this is a good way to get attention, clicks and stir up controversy. 

He was also too much of a pussy to test it properly (look where the policeman's knee is). 

I try to challenge myself to accept him as he is and still love him for who is, but god damn some of these right wingers are sinking to new lows every year. 

cbf.jpeg

Lol

Why isn't he wearing blackface?

That would have been the cherry on top.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The consensus of medical experts in the trial is that Floyd cardiovascular system was weaker than average due to heart disease and fentanyl intoxication. Yet they also agree that these were secondary factors and the primary factor was compression. One of the witnesses was a high-level pulmonologist who went through all the videos and calculated force compressions and lung capacities. By his calculations, an average person could not have withstood that force for 9.5 minutes without serious damage. Yet I am curious how strong a person would need to be to survive unharmed.

Other medical witnesses have addressed a “study” that claims the human body can easily absorb the force compression Floyd was exposed to, yet there are several problems. First being that it would be extremely painful to subjects and life-threatening. It’s hard to get governmental approval and volunteers for those studies. And the researchers would have huge liability risks. Second, all the participants in the “study” knew they were in a safe space, they had a safeword and could tell the administrators to immediately stop. That is a very different situation than being powerless in a life threatening situation. As well the force compressions / distributions were wrong. In the above picture, not only are the knee positions wrong, the forces are as well. Both of Chauvin’s feet were off the ground, meaning his entire weight of 182 lbs was on Floyd. That’s about 91 lbs on the neck and 91lbs on the chest. And the force was emitted through a concentrated area of a knee.

If the force applied is no big deal for a normal person, the defense could do a recreation. Yet it wouldn’t be a good look once the person starts begging for mercy, goes unconscious and paramedics are doing CPR.

10 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

How is that new low ? He wanted to explore this position and made a video out of it that's all. Here is some footage and analysis of this reenactement :

https://odysee.com/@William5849:e/steven-crowder-literally-puts-himself-in:9

Crowder makes a valid point that heart disease, drugs and adrenaline are complicating factors - yet he is not doing this in good faith. He is being highly manipulate. His “re-enactment” is nowhere near the actual compression forces. And he makes extremely misleading statements like “Floyd’s fentanyl level was 3X the lethal level”.

Crowder is not “exploring”. He is pushing a a disingenuous agenda. If Crowder wanted to genuinely recreate an accurate scenario, he can easily afford to hire a pulmonologist to recreate the compression forces and go through the process without a safeword. Yet Crowder has no interest in a genuine exploration. 

Crowder puts himself in a much milder situation and even says “I have it worse than Floyd did and I’m doing ok”. That is very low. Yet it’s hard to say if it’s a “new low” for Crowder since he regularly goes low.

Steven Crowder is toxic life purpose on parade.

It’s possible to do restraints in the prone position with a low risk of serious injury. A meta study in Canada showed over the last decade or so there were over 3,000 police interactions with restraints in the probe position. There was not a single case of serious injury or death. 

A small percentage of police interactions will involve prone position restraints. We may be able to reduce the number via de-escalation strategies, yet there will still be situations in which a prone restraint is needed. If we genuinely want to reduce serious injury and death during prone restraints, we would be wise to look at improving technique - like modeling Canada. What Crowder is doing is disingenuous and turns a blind eye to the issue. 

Crowder caters to his fanbase, hes not pursuing even relative truth.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Crowder doesn't care about truth. That guy is about money and propaganda. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Well at least he gave it a try. The way to reenact this would be for the defense to pick their victim (its body shape would match that of George) and for the accusation to pick people matching the officers, and basically the role of the cops would be to make the victim tap out to see if it's possible to make someone tap out by kneeling on his neck.

But even then it's hard to deny that the kneeling didn't have an effect on George's death because even if they can't make someone tap out somebody else could still panic to a point of losing consciousness and then let the chokehold win. I'd say the trial is more a question of whether Dereck followed the guidelines of how he was trained to act in this situation. I think him kneeling on George for so long was more apathy than true intent to kill. The protests, riots and guilty trial will tend to reduce such apathy in future cases.

Whether he's found guilty of manslaughter, third degree murder or second degree murder is for the court to determine but one of those charge most probably applies. 

@Tetcher

1 hour ago, Tetcher said:

How is that new low ? He wanted to explore this position and made a video out of it that's all. Here is some footage and analysis of this reenactement :

https://odysee.com/@William5849:e/steven-crowder-literally-puts-himself-in:9

Steve Crowders's assessment of George Floyds death and situation is impartial and at best lazy.

He should have gone to this person to help him test out his theory. This man knows how to properly retrain individuals resisting an arrest, and would properly provide a more accurate assessment of the situation with George Floyd's death, and show Crowder proper application of force.

Might as well have this person training police as well. Fantastic demonstration of restraints. He's also a pretty good practitioner of russian systema and other systems of combat.

@Tetcher

9 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

Well at least he gave it a try. The way to reenact this would be for the defense to pick their victim (its body shape would match that of George) and for the accusation to pick people matching the officers, and basically the role of the cops would be to make the victim tap out to see if it's possible to make someone tap out by kneeling on his neck.

But even then it's hard to deny that the kneeling didn't have an effect on George's death because even if they can't make someone tap out somebody else could still panic to a point of losing consciousness and then let the chokehold win. I'd say the trial is more a question of whether Dereck followed the guidelines of how he was trained to act in this situation. I think him kneeling on George for so long was more apathy than true intent to kill. The protests, riots and guilty trial will tend to reduce such apathy in future cases.

Whether he's found guilty of manslaughter, third degree murder or second degree murder is for the court to determine but one of those charge most probably applies. 

I gotten that impression as well, seeing him kneel on his neck like it's a typical day for him, very much apathy. 

The problem with Crowder is that this was not his main intent, to accurately show how to properly retrain someone on the prone position because if this was his main intent he would be more controlling and directing the guy acting as the police to apply his knee on his neck exactly like the photo. Also have other people take notes. He would be more serious with this and test it out more properly. Otherwise, why would the demo be done poorly? Maybe it's because Crowder wants to appeal to racists and extremists of the alt right as the main goal of this demo?

If he really wanted to assess this, then he should go to this guy for the demo of properly restraining somebody on prone position.

30 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

I think him kneeling on George for so long was more apathy than true intent to kill. 

What? Go watch the video.. 

When George looses consciousness Derek looks at him and keeps going. 

2 hours ago, Epikur said:

@whatishappeningtome

On his video they do go for the neck as well

Lol he moves his head and talks normally as the guy gently holds his knee on his neck. 

If you think that's a real test... 

Edited by Opo

40 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

The neck pressure / tracheal constriction was just one component. An expert pulmonologist the trial demonstrated how Floyd’s left lung was compressed to the point of having no reserve capacity. As well, the person would need to be restrained so that the couldn’t use their arms to rotate their body such that the right lung momentarily had space for breath.

40 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

I'd say the trial is more a question of whether Dereck followed the guidelines of how he was trained to act in this situation. I think him kneeling on George for so long was more apathy than true intent to kill. The protests, riots and guilty trial will tend to reduce such apathy in future cases.

I also think that some apathy was involved, yet what happened after minute 5 moves from apathy to reckless disregard for life imo. Medical experts at the trial showed that Floyd had a massive brain seizure at minute 5 and went limp. Yet the officer kept up the pressure on a lifeless body for over three more minutes. Even after a paramedic told Chauvin that Floyd had no pulse, he kept up the pressure. Paramedics had to physically pull Chauvin off so they could get Floyd’s body into the ambulance. 

If this is apathy, it would be apathy so extreme that it could move into “reckless disregard for life”. I’m seeing manslaughter2 is minimum and more likely murder 3. Yet if the defense can get 1 juror to believe the force didn’t “substantially” contribute to Floyd’s death, it becomes a hung jury with no verdict.

@Opo

1 hour ago, Opo said:

What? Go watch the video.. 

When George looses consciousness Derek looks at him and keeps going. 

That's right. A person whose state is commonly apathy will treatvthe situation as a typical one. Derek looking down, and around after shows me that this is normal for him. While states and emotions related to apathy have their proper place and use, this is the one that does more harm than good.

Or Derek is a psychopath. I don't think it's accurate to say he's racist, because you'd have to care about that difference in race. Psychopaths don't care for the most part, unless it effects their image to others, as this quite a large frame of reference for the psychopath to lose, like he'd pretend to be racist in a racist group to maintain  membership.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Opo

That's right. A person whose state is commonly apathy will treatvthe situation as a typical one. Derek looking down, and around after shows me that this is normal for him. While states and emotions related to apathy have their proper place and use, this is the one that does more harm than good.

Or Derek is a psychopath. I don't think it's accurate to say he's racist, because you'd have to care about that difference in race. Psychopaths don't care for the most part, unless it effects their image to others, as this quite a large frame of reference for the psychopath to lose, like he'd pretend to be racist in a racist group to maintain  membership.

Apathy is more associated with inaction. 

Didn't watch a video in a while but I remember seeing anger in him especially when he threatens the bystanders with the pepper spray. 

I think him being a racist or not is irrelevant.