Origins

All folk --> emotional problems: Share here will answer as best as can

33 posts in this topic

Be prepared for nuanced questions back and fourth so we I'm able to work through it with you relative to how you personally experience it more than how I'm merely guessing, depth of course all depending on the circumstance.

best.

————- remember to always quote my name so it’s easier for me to see a notification etc

Edited by Origins

@Blackhawk Share your worst. C'mon, you posted now you gotta share and I gotta see where I can take this! It's okay, only what you're comfortable with haha.

Here's something I shared just recently, feel free to checkout at your leisure otherwise feel free to do whatever you wish first I'll roll with the punches.

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/63537-childhood-traumas/?do=findComment&comment=871590

And as it serves your curiosity something I do nearly every day that's helped in a unique way independent of emotional intelligence (above link) mastery. Otherwise feel free to ask questions about anything I mention of course:

Heal Yourself with The Ice Shaman | Wim Hof & Russell Brand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPPlicAEFec

Wim Hof Guided Breathing (3 Rounds) BEGINNERS ⏱ With Onscreen Timer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sHe2RMnMA8

Edited by Origins

I'm a Hopeless case as well. 

But I can get better with time. Hopefully. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Origins Who are you and what's your motivation, are you training to become a therapist? 

Anyway, try this. 

For the past ten years or so, I've been working with a pain in my chest (I don't remember feeling it previously in my life, but I don't remember any emotions from that time). I'm sure it's an emotion, but it's so localized it feels almost physical. It appears when I feel loss, rejection, but often without a recognizable trigger. When I feel into myself, most of the time it's there to some degree, and sometimes it's so present it clouds my ability to function or experience any other emotion. It's sometimes dissolved by sexual ecstasy, love, rare experiences of "light". Rarely, it can be let go of by de-focussing attention, but usually, I can't find a way to snap out of pain if it's intense.

When I tried self-inquiry meditation, and to my surprise, at one point my usual "I" in my head dissolved, but an identification with the pain in my chest appeared. "I am pain."

It decreases my quality of life severely by blocking joy and creativity, yet in some way, it's dear to me. There is resistance or more pain if I try to "let go of it". I think it may be a very young, pre-verbal part of myself.

Not quite sure - leaning towards anxious, though not too bad. Been in (long, almost overlapping) relationships all of my adult life.

Ok, let's try it out.

I have an occasional strong negative total rage. It feels like something been repressed by society throughout my life and i feel like i want to free myself from this societal restriction. This might be a trauma. Anything like "having a family, career, education, girlfriend etc." that society taught me is restricting me. 

Edited by GreenLight

On 06/04/2021 at 0:29 PM, Origins said:

@Elisabeth When does it appear strongest (versus weakest: which you said was the case say in the experience of sexual ecstasy, love, rare experiences of "light")?

You know, that's rather hard to say. 

I've suggested loss, rejection ... abandonment perphaps... some kind of disconnection. They are not bound to trigger the sharp clear aspect of that emotion which I know as pure pain, but they are a huge trigger. 

@Elisabeth

Loss, rejection and abandonment are thoughts. 

How do those thoughts resonate with your being, with our true nature, with feeling? 

How about infinite intelligence (‘the body’, ‘the heart’)... heart & body giving those thoughts a ‘hell yes’, or a ‘hell no’?

Creating, acceptance, unity, these are thoughts too. 

How do those thoughts resonate?  What does the heart say, what does the body say? Hell yes, or hell no? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Origins

Anxiety disorder. How to cure this shit? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here

Depends on the anxiety, every drug dealer is different as they say you gotta know different techniques to bring their prices down not all techniques work on the same drug dealer. It’s the same with anxiety.

When does your anxiety occur most often sir?

Where do you feel it in the body?

On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your emotional intelligence?

@GreenLight

7 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Ok, let's try it out.

I have an occasional strong negative total rage. It feels like something been repressed by society throughout my life and i feel like i want to free myself from this societal restriction. This might be a trauma. Anything like "having a family, career, education, girlfriend etc." that society taught me is restricting me. I feel like i want to put everyone in a concentration camp and torture them to be freed from them.

I know that feeling, the volcanic ash felt from one of my rages could slit all throats of nazis to win that earlier war much quicker.

How often do you rage and what are the exact environmental trigger points? Or does it happen out of the blue? Is it connected more with certain people than others if so what is the nature of that relationship?

5 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

You know, that's rather hard to say. 

I've suggested loss, rejection ... abandonment perphaps... some kind of disconnection. They are not bound to trigger the sharp clear aspect of that emotion which I know as pure pain, but they are a huge trigger. 

@Elisabeth Would it be okay if I asked some questions about your relationships with significant others? Mainly on an emotional level and, what you’re drawn to the most emotionally, what you avoid, tolerate, and so on. Just want to get an understanding as to the boundaries in relation to others, especially those closer relationships and how those relationships manifest those boundaries in their expression and closeness, especially the dynamics surrounding said closeness vs distance with also yourself.

Edited by Origins

@Nahm thanks for chipping in ;) 

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Elisabeth

How do those thoughts resonate with your being, with our true nature, with feeling? 

How about infinite intelligence (‘the body’, ‘the heart’)... heart & body giving those thoughts a ‘hell yes’, or a ‘hell no’?

How do those thoughts resonate?  What does the heart say, what does the body say? Hell yes, or hell no? 

4 hours ago, Origins said:

@Elisabeth Would it be okay if I asked some questions about your relationships with significant others? Mainly on an emotional level and, what you’re drawn to the most emotionally, what you avoid, tolerate, and so on. Just want to get an understanding as to the boundaries in relation to others, especially those closer relationships and how those relationships manifest those boundaries in their expression and closeness, especially the dynamics surrounding said closeness vs distance with also yourself.

If that is relevant to any solution you might suggest (is it?), would it be ok to move to pm? 

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Elisabeth

loss, rejection, abandonment ... pain, sadness, grey

creating ... hell yes or blank

acceptance ... sure! acceptance of that particular pain? hell no (more pain)! 

unity ... blank, no emotional association. Or fear. 

intimacy, closeness ... hell yes

I know you've read my story already. It's evolving slowly. Can it be dropped? Hm... 

@Elisabeth sure thing! 

@BlackMaze so your goal is to quit? Then at least for now that's what we'll focus on. How you're creating, thinking about and responding to the obstacles to keeping to your goal. So what strategies have you implemented so far to try and quit? What brought you into smoking to begin with, I recommend thinking about those precursors. By understanding our precursors to addictions its easier from an attachment level to disengage from those things once we start relating to reasons from a personal level rather than being this external thing that's outside of our control.