levani

what if i wrote down all of my thoughts ?

13 posts in this topic

like is journaling thoughts a good idea ?

a thoughts journal

cause then it forces you to be aware of them

You cant write all your thoughts. Theyre too fast, and once you focus on writing them they wont be your "natural" monkey mind thoughts anyway. What would be cool would be if there was a machine that could record thoughts during the day and then you could listen back to them, that would be so trippy. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

When you're in a negative thought pattern, or you start to feel off, you can mediate and slow or stop thoughts. Sometimes this feels amazing, and relaxing and other times it feels like further constipating yourself. Then the other option and the best option if you cannot meditate in that moment is to do a 180 degree opposite approach and speed them up, with focus and write them out, almost like a flow of consciousness with the intent to bring things to light. It helps to not take yourself seriously and bring in a sense of humor and a willingness to go along with the impulse to change the subject randomly if it arises or you notice yourself writing on a subject that is making you feel worse, not better. If you do this you often find that there is no real such thing as random and strange connections and synchronicity come about from it. I often go into journaling feeling disgusting and come out in very little time at all, completely amused and in a state of wonder. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

15 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You cant write all your thoughts. Theyre too fast, and once you focus on writing them they wont be your "natural" monkey mind thoughts anyway. What would be cool would be if there was a machine that could record thoughts during the day and then you could listen back to them, that would be so trippy. 

I don't think most of those thoughts are even formed or separated from feelings associated with them. They wouldn't be recordable. Once you put a thought into language it's formed, and so I think that's why we often feel constipated by unformed or partially unconscious thoughts. 

A huge insight I got from @Nahm but also kind of a umm.. duh! moment insight (like all the deepest insights) is that you only ever think one single thought at a time. Writing kills the illusion that there's a multiplicity of stuff spinning around, and when you write you channel them in a focused manner, and form your thoughts in one stream, one thought at a time.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

No need, everything is written down in the Akashic Records. Someday you will be able to read them.

50 minutes ago, levani said:

a thoughts journal

Indeed. Awareness of focus & feeling, and of the ‘clouds’ focused upon obscuring the sky (focus & feeling). Surely new subtlety and nuance will be noticed, new care in standards arises, like capitalizing letters at the beginning of sentences, adding periods, utilizing proper spacing, new feeling unsuppresed, uncovered, in the simplest of caring, we might say of actually giving a shit about your creating.  There’s so so much to see!  

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/expressive-journaling

@mandyjw

My one thought focused upon right now is believing in you. Feels like a portal, or vortex of awesomeness. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, levani said:

a thoughts journal

Write till you are bored of to think any thoughts, including “you”. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

6 hours ago, mandyjw said:

When you're in a negative thought pattern, or you start to feel off, you can mediate and slow or stop thoughts. Sometimes this feels amazing, and relaxing and other times it feels like further constipating yourself. Then the other option and the best option if you cannot meditate in that moment is to do a 180 degree opposite approach and speed them up, with focus and write them out, almost like a flow of consciousness with the intent to bring things to light. It helps to not take yourself seriously and bring in a sense of humor and a willingness to go along with the impulse to change the subject randomly if it arises or you notice yourself writing on a subject that is making you feel worse, not better. If you do this you often find that there is no real such thing as random and strange connections and synchronicity come about from it. I often go into journaling feeling disgusting and come out in very little time at all, completely amused and in a state of wonder. 

Writing in a flow of consciousness style can be very beneficial. I’d almost suggest this over meditation at times for some people. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

believing

Streetlights, people. 

Yeah this could be helpful. I'll try it some day.

Tho I can't be the only one who sometimes has thoughts that literally cannot be written. These are thoughts beyond language. This is when art comes in I guess.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"