Shane Lim

Bye, actualized.org

10 posts in this topic

I couldn't recall exactly what @Leo Gura said in one of his videos but I always have it in my mind. I paraphrase it : "If you're still watching my content, you still haven't find the direction in your life." 

It's catch-22 to watch his contents. His videos help me making sense of the reality but I can never have my own mastery if i watch his videos.  

It is time to walk my own path. 

Thank you actualized.org for bringing me this far for my growth. 

Edited by Shane Lim

I had a similar question too. But I realized that you can still walk your path, while also learning from this badass resource. 

what is you alternative? Are you gonna watch cat videos now?

One of my favorite Leo quotes is that he said “if you think this is a waste of your time, then this is the best waste of your time.” 

Leo’s content is so deep and holistic that is really rare to find. You really won’t find anything like Actualized.org in school. From watching, I have gained mastery of my own path. I don’t agree with the quote you paraphrased. Walking you path and learning from others is 100% compatible. In fact, learning from others I find is the best and most efficient way for me to walk my path. Why not learn from others failures and successes in doing the same work?

Something to think about.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

A master learns from other masters and continue to learn.

Haha ok sounds like someone wants to forget about all this and not do the work

2 hours ago, Shane Lim said:

I couldn't recall exactly what @Leo Gura said in one of his videos but I always have it in my mind. I paraphrase it : "If you're still watching my content, you still haven't find the direction in your life." 

It's catch-22 to watch his contents. His videos help me making sense of the reality but I can never have my own mastery if i watch his videos.  

It is time to walk my own path. 

Thank you actualized.org for bringing me this far for my growth. 

Why are you announcing this anyway? If you want to go, just go. If you want to stay, just stay. No need to turn everything into a show.

Edited by tatsumaru

I can't speak for Leo or the OP, but I interpret this to meant that you have to learn to find your own answers. You have to learn to identify your most pressing issue, and then go out into the world and figuring how to solve that problem for yourself. Yes, by reading books or watching videos, even Leo's videos, but you are doing it to consciously solve a specific problem or find a specific perspective in your own development. 

@Shane Lim l totally get where you're coming from.. On occasion, I've stopped watching a couple of Leo's videos part way through because I 'got the message'. 

You don't have to sit through the whole hour long 'tying your shoes' tutorial if you figure out how to tie your shoes in the first 10 minutes.. 

That being said, I'm sure there's still a lot I can learn from Leo. He's a master at what he does and there are many facets of learning. 

If nothing else, experiencing his content is as 'enjoyable' to me/Me as many other things I/God could be experiencing (they must be, otherwise why would I experience them??) so I come back to it when I want to, and I don't when I don't. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

You don't have to leave for that. Sometimes you could take a short break for your interpretations. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I've noticed for me, that I can watch his videos and not contemplate the stuff for myself (including ingesting other resources and bouncing ideas off each other) which I think generally leads to more ideological thinking.  Or I can do the effort and contemplate and question stuff and use things he says for inspiration and inspiring new avenues to inquire for myself, thereby forging my own path by using his stuff (and others) as fuel.  

I suppose maybe I've noticed it depends on how you interact with and use his content.  

And I'm also not saying don't stop watching his stuff.  There was a period, which is still somewhat going on, where I felt that watching his stuff wasn't healthy for me since I'd been doing so for a while and I felt like continuing to watch his stuff kept me in those same patterns.  So to experience newness and grow out from those patterns, I had to stop wathcing his stuff and explore new avenues. 

Do what you feel is right.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

20 hours ago, tatsumaru said:

Why are you announcing this anyway? If you want to go, just go. If you want to stay, just stay. No need to turn everything into a show.

Exactly, I have always wondered why people make these topics. You are just making it harder for yourself to return when you need help or wisdom in your life. Not every decision has to be black and white.