Elshaddai

Can mixing psychedelics and other drugs lead to greater personal growth?

13 posts in this topic

I should preface this by saying that I don't condone mixing and using drugs of any kind.

In my psychedelic journeys so far, I sometimes smoke cannabis at the end of trips to help me relax from the "blissful madness" and help me sleep after using something like LSD, but if i'm honest, i've been addicted to smoking weed for a very along time and even though I see the benefits of just smoking cannabis, being addicted to anything doesn't help with personal growth.

does anyone have any advice or positive and life changing experiences to share from combining psychedelics and other drugs together?

Edited by Elshaddai

The obvious ayahuasca-and-tobacco comes to mind

Why are you asking this?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@Elshaddai You're asking something very, very specific. One psychedelic alone can manifest vastly different effects from person to person, god only knows what effects a combination might have. So I highly, highly doubt that there's any combination which could produce effects that are explicitly helpful for personal growth.

Edited by Tim R

I think you may be approaching this from a magic pill mentality. No combination of a drug is going to lead to greater personal growth than in-depth journalling to set an intention, preparing your mind with consistent meditation, taking notes during the trip, and extensive journalling and integration work afterward. 

With that being said, could there be combinations of certain psychedelics that increase their effectiveness or provide some sort of beneficial twist on the experience? Maybe, but I'd say the risk also increases, likely unnecessarily. 

When on weed I contemplate my insights after the trip, I'm putting an order in my head to understand what the trip tried to tell me. 

For me is very helpful because I use cannabis as a contemplation tool and just because of the stone I forget some times I write my thoughts on paper 

@Elshaddai So, nitrous oxide and psychedelics go extremely well together. I took acid and once I was past the come up, used nitrous oxide (also known by whippets) and the experience is taken to a whole other level. 

Please don't take this as advice, or that you should go try it, I do not recommend nor condone the usage of nitrous oxide. I am simply answering your question.

"You Create Magic" 

It seems to me that your addiction to weed isn't enough, so you're looking at other drugs to give you that "aha!" moment of clarity or wonder about your life/the world that weed gave you the first few times.  That most likely will never happen again, so you can't escape your reality through "personal growth" until you tackle your weed addiction.

Sadly, there's no cure to your weed addiction other than quitting cold turkey for YEARS.  Ask me how I know.  It was brutal at first but I went 4+ years cold turkey without touching it.  I eventually came back to consciously (and spontaneously at the moment) kind of like going, "OK, this isn't my first rodeo but I want to see what the hell was the big deal again".  I regained my control of that stuff and now I can enjoy it recreationally with friends once in a while or if I have an obstacle I need to overcome and I need a different point of view than my own.  But I no longer have the need or want to look for more through drugs/weed or smoke daily.

It's a tough pill to swallow but looking back at it I'm so glad I regrounded myself and recalibrated my base state of just existing soberly.  Now I can appreciate the difference in the opposite way than before.

Are you smoking daily?

The typical ones are a serotonergic psychedelic with nitrous oxide or weed. Some have mixed in a dissociative such as ketamine and had good results. 

My friend, if you haven’t accessed the psychedelic potential of cannabis/THC, you are really missing out. Once this is unlocked, at least for me, it can produce awakenings just as strong as 10 tabs of LSD or 6 grams of shrooms in one medium-large hit of a dab. I recently had an awakening with cannabis too that was an amazing experience. I don’t know if this always works for everyone, but after some high dose trips on other psychedelics, cannabis/THC can become a completely different animal. 

Have you ever blacked out from THC? If not, you’ve not approached it’s potential. I’ve found dabs are the best, but the recent cannabis experience off two regular-sized hits surprised me. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Some shamen use Rapé to send you off on an Ayahuasca journey.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Addiction to weed is a problem, especially if you get “awakenings” from it. I had to make a painful return back to reality when I realized that all that weed would do is make my ego mind more imaginative and fantastical, which is a false spirituality and not truth.

On 3/24/2021 at 5:14 PM, BipolarGrowth said:

The typical ones are a serotonergic psychedelic with nitrous oxide or weed. Some have mixed in a dissociative such as ketamine and had good results. 

My friend, if you haven’t accessed the psychedelic potential of cannabis/THC, you are really missing out. Once this is unlocked, at least for me, it can produce awakenings just as strong as 10 tabs of LSD or 6 grams of shrooms in one medium-large hit of a dab. I recently had an awakening with cannabis too that was an amazing experience. I don’t know if this always works for everyone, but after some high dose trips on other psychedelics, cannabis/THC can become a completely different animal. 

Have you ever blacked out from THC? If not, you’ve not approached it’s potential. I’ve found dabs are the best, but the recent cannabis experience off two regular-sized hits surprised me. 

I agree with all of this. I think some people just respond differently to cannabinoids. For me, weed is so powerful I can basically count on my life taking a significant turn for the better after using it, if there is indeed some deleterious behavior pattern I've been overlooking... Since weed will very often expose at least some of it. It's been incredibly psychedelic ([profundity/gravity-of-the-situation]-revealing) to me.

7 minutes ago, Finax said:

Addiction to weed is a problem, especially if you get “awakenings” from it. I had to make a painful return back to reality when I realized that all that weed would do is make my ego mind more imaginative and fantastical, which is a false spirituality and not truth.

That can certainly happen. Powerful tools are just that.

@BipolarGrowth Just out of curiosity, have you ever dabbled in synthetic cannabinoids? I'm quite convinced they really are unsafe, and I'm never using them again, but they're pretty much like weed X 10.