YoungSeeker

Lucid Dreaming

26 posts in this topic

Have you tried lucid dreaming? How to induce a lucid dream? I tried 3 nights already but I still can't have a lucid dream.

I'm struggling with it too. I lay completely still until I feel my hands floating, but nothing more interesting happens after

I just can't go back to sleep until I leave that desire to become lucid in my dream. Only when I say: "OK, it doesn't work. Tonight I won't become lucid, maybe later" Only then I can fall asleep again. They say it's easy but it doesn't work with me that easy. I'll keep trying then. Maybe it all because I don't have very healthy sleep habits.

Get into a meditative state before sleep and command your body to lucid dream, keep focus for about 5 minutes purely on that. It also helps to wake up early morning hours and then tell yourself you will lucid dream then go back to sleep soon after. When you truly believe you are going to, you will.

Meditation helps dissolve doubt.

B R E A T H E

Try this (@week-ends, when you have all time, and by yourself, if possible).

- set an alarm approximately after 5 hours of sleep.

- stay awake for 20-30 minutes.

- go back to sleep, and try to stay awake while falling asleep (this is called WILD, it doesn't requires reality checks techniques).

You'll experience all sorts of various things, sounds, sensations, and if you fall asleep without entering the dream directly, it's not important. You may remain that you are in a dream later.

To focus your brain on a specific thing, while falling asleep, you can count in your head (1 - I'm dreaming right now. 2 - I'm dreaming right now. 3 - I'm dreaming right now... etc) you can focus on a sensation or a place that you know very well in real life, or in your childhood's past (a thing that works for me is my grand parent's house, which where I have a lot of memories) or ridding a bicycle, if you know that sensation very well in real life. It doesn't mean that you dream will be about that particular place, or about ridding a bicycle, but it's just a way to "focus" your mind while falling asleep.

The difficulty is to let go, enough to fall asleep, but don't totally loose your awareness (some parts of the brain will still stay active).

You can train these parts of the brain during waking life, by doing reality checks, or practicing awareness.

Also, consider your waking life as a dream, it's a good starting point... (there are much more depth here).

I'm not super experienced in lucid dreaming, but I did some, induced or spontaneous. One of the most profound experience I had was after a week of awareness practice, I did a WILD and found myself in a dream where details were extremely vivid and realistic.

The forum Dreamviews

and the book "Are you dreaming ?" by Daniel Love, are great resources.

(I recently bough some crystals, and experiment with these. I got good results with a Scolecite, on the 6th chakra).

Edited by Soulbass

Here are some resources for lucid dreaming! This is a growing passion I want to pursue! I love the idea of controlling my own dreams in the same way i'm the creator in control of my own freedom and the storyteller in control of my stories

1. http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com

2. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-superhuman-mind/201212/lucid-dreaming-and-self-realization

3. http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/04/the-ways-to-control-dreaming/360032/

4. http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/02/what-its-like-to-be-a-lucid-dreamer.html

On 17.10.2016 at 1:12 PM, YoungSeeker said:

I tried 3 nights already but I still can't have a lucid dream.

3 nights? I have tried it actively for about 1.5 years without a lucid dream. Don't be so impatient.

I have also tried it and it worked after a few weeks for me. It was very short though. I repeated the sentence "Mind awake, body asleep" until I got to the lucid dream. Works now around 20% for me.

On 10/17/2016 at 2:12 PM, YoungSeeker said:

Have you tried lucid dreaming?

Yep.

How to induce a lucid dream?

I'll tell you one way, which is just one way.
1. Throughout the day, do "reality checks" - try to do something that's only possible in a dream, like breathing with your nose pinched or pushing your finger through your other palm.

2. Wake up 2 hours earlier than usual, or if you're usually sleep-deprived, waking up at the normal time works too. Stay up for 30 minutes. Go back to sleep.

3. You might remember to do a reality check in a dream and become lucid.

Also, keep a dream journal. When you wake up after a dream, put down the details, either in a notebook or using an audio recorder. Read those before bed, say, as well as during your 30 minute period up. Keeping a dream journal's very important as it'll improve your dream recall A LOT, so you'll actually find yourself in a dream.

I tried 3 nights already but I still can't have a lucid dream.

I've been meditating for 20 minutes a day now for a week but I'm still not enlightened. Might give up on this shit ;)

Hi, I'm interested too! What's the difference between lucid dreaming and astral travel? I tried a few astral travel inducing exercises a while back and experienced some floaty feelings, numbness in my body et cetera, but no actual travel yet, at least not that I remember. :)

You may need to check up on your sleep. Are you dreaming and forgetting or not dreaming at all?

@Pallero Lucid dreaming and Astral projection are two very different things. Lucid dreaming is still just a dream. Astral projection is your consciousness leaving your physical body. Can you lucid dream you are astral projecting? Yes. But it ain't astral projection. Can you dream you are astral projecting? Yes, but its not astral projection. Astral projection is the validation you might seek to experience the ongoing nature of reality outside the physical.

@YoungSeeker

On ‎17‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 1:12 PM, YoungSeeker said:

Have you tried lucid dreaming? How to induce a lucid dream? I tried 3 nights already but I still can't have a lucid dream.

im 35 now and i have done lucid dreamings for 20 years.   here is some tips that can help you on the way: 

Tempo

Ask yourself right before you sleep to so slow Down the tempo of Your dreams so  you remember Your dreams. many dreams happens in sutch a hurry so you cant Control it. But this is something you can ask to change. It actually helps when you tell yourself to Control it.

Recognision of a dream.

Be conscious of details that helps you understand that you dream. At once you doknow that Your in a dream you can do whatever you want. as when you sudently fly around in the sky by yourself

I open for questions

On 10/19/2016 at 9:45 PM, YoungSeeker said:

I just can't go back to sleep until I leave that desire to become lucid in my dream. Only when I say: "OK, it doesn't work. Tonight I won't become lucid, maybe later" Only then I can fall asleep again. They say it's easy but it doesn't work with me that easy. I'll keep trying then. Maybe it all because I don't have very healthy sleep habits.

You are not supposed to fall aslepp at all that is the thing. You keep watching until you ge ttransported so to speak

I think reality seems what it is because we are born, and educated within it.

The physical world is like wood or rocks, while dreams are more like fog or water.

Time is slow, it's why the physical world seems consistent.

Without this constraint, dreams can transform very quickly - but it is the same language : symbols.

On 10/19/2016 at 10:45 AM, YoungSeeker said:

So, how did it go ?

Once you had a lucid dream, you'r motivation will be boosted, such an amazing experience

@YoungSeeker I used the WILD method, you keep asking yourself during the day "am i dreaming or am i awake?" it worked for me, I've never induced it, and usually happens on weekends when I wake up at 7am (thats the time I usually wake up on weekdays) and go back to sleep, I've had 4 so far, I realized that having the intention before sleep works, my first one I slept and decided, I'm gonna lucid dream this morning, and boom, its so fucking incredible, when I realized I was dreaming (I looked at the watch and the hours were all weird, thats how I checked in two dreams, some people try to breath through the nostrils to confirm if they are dreaming) I was like "OMG I want to fly!!!" but I started hearing a buzzing and I realized I needed to create the scene, then I thought about a window and jumped out of it, first I was flying over a forest but then I landed in between buildings,  the rest of the dream was created by my unconscious, I had sex with a guy, he was my boyfriend, I worried about using condom but then I knew I was dreaming so I would be fine haha

The other ones I was so exciting that I was dreaming that I woke up, so couldnt get a lot of it, but its so nice the feeling

I havent practiced for a long time, but the first one gave me a boost cause I now know that iucid dreams are possible, we can go anywhere and do anything, its so vivid, I'm not focusing on it right now but for sure is a way os accessing that higher intelligence that shamans are in contact when taking psychedelics IMO

I subscribled for this webinar on lucid dreaming, 

here is the link if you guys are interested

http://dreamstudies.org/2017/02/10/free-webinar-on-how-to-preparing-for-impactful-lucid-dreams/ 

I want to hear your stories and methods too!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Timing is one of the 3 pillar of lucid dreaming, as described by Daniel Love, with brain chemistry & psychological skills.

Having a regular sleep pattern during the week (the brain get used to it) and attempt to WILD @ weekends, when you'r supposed to be awoken is named "cycle adjustment technique" or CAT.

WILD-CAT

Edited by Soulbass