Someone here

Why am I me?

44 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

@Someone here

because it is what it is  

because it cant be otherwise

Why? How? Is it a coincidence?  

How it can't be otherwise?  You could've been a cat.. But you are not.. You are human.. And not African human.. But European human... All coincidence? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here not 'coincidentally'.. necessarily. 

'coulds' and 'shoulds' are really 'could ifs' and 'should ifs'.. 

You 'could have been a cat, if only conditions were such that you were a cat, but since conditions were not such, you can't be a cat." 

You 'could live in a different reality, if only you lived in a different reality, but you don't, so you can't.'. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

OK.. Why isn't a car designed with 5 wheels instead of 4? Because the design wouldn't work.  Thats your answer. Its design is Infinitely complex perfection. Change anything and its not. Nothing exist in isolation to be changed. 

You are not you. You are me. I am experiencing me right now! Stop being a liar. xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

You are not you. You are me. I am experiencing me right now! Stop being a liar. xD

no now you are me you are the liar!

Just now, AdamR95 said:

no now you are me you are the liar!

Let the mindfuck commence.xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

9 minutes ago, neovox said:

OK.. Why isn't a car designed with 5 wheels instead of 4? Because the design wouldn't work.  Thats your answer. Its design is Infinitely complex perfection. Change anything and its not. Nothing exist in isolation to be changed. 

Well, the reason for the car not having 5 wheels is because of the minimum viable design. If you have more than the minimum viable design dictates of anything, then you are wasting money on unnecessary features and at best are designing a luxury product. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

Don't you guys ever get tired of fantasizing?

Shouldn't you at some point admit to yourself that you don't know?

In this thread there are as many different "answers" (beliefs) to the question as there are posts in this thread.

Edited by Blackhawk

13 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

@Blackhawk  why would we?

There is an answer in direct experience,

and even if  we dont know why would we should admit it?

There are as many different "answers" (beliefs) to the question as there are posts in this thread.

so what?

Edited by AdamR95

22 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

It isn't fantasy. I wouldn't say "knowing" is accurate either. 

translating concepts from experiences into effective communication using  symbols and mouth sounds isn't as easy as Leo makes it look. Its all kinds of distorted from Truth. 

Edited by neovox

It is actually possible to know. I became directly conscious of this the other night whilst tripping. I stood in front of a mirror and watched as my face morphed into all the different possibilities of what it could look like as this person I’m being. All ages, young and old, healthy and sick, from the ultimate sadness to the highest happiness. It was also able to morph into other faces, of other people, the strongest being my brother. I looked directly into the mirror and saw my brothers face looking back at me. Also morphing through different emotions. It was clear that I am me because that’s my current concept of self. To be me as this individual. If I changed my concept of self to that of being my brother, I would literally become my brother. That’s what God is doing, going through each individually, yet you can realise that your all simultaneously. All in the exact same one moment outside of time. But you construct the linear time frame and limit yourself to one concept of self. Creating a sense of individuality. The you and I arnt the hundreds of miles apart what it seems. We’re literally in the exact same spot, which is nowhere. Just that very same exact awareness, consciousness, being different concepts of self. You being one of them. You as you are now, is in the exact same moment as you when your were 10. It’s in the exact same moment as hitler stood there calling for war, it’s all in the exact same moment of now. You will be aware of being everyone, and go through everything that’s supposedly been and can be. Just don’t think that when your aware of being Donald Trump as you say, that your going to be aware of being you at the same time. That’s what it means for you as God to be Donald trump, and what it means for God to be you. You have to do the individual experience of being you for God to realise what it is to be you. Without any knowledge of any other incarnation. You’ve got to remember it’s infinitely intelligent, it/consciousness is doing this with absolute ease. Look around you, it’s all taken care of without you as an ego doing a tap. You’ve already infinitely nailed the hows and whys. It’s just for you as an individual to become conscious of it. Words can’t grasp it. I personally havnt the intellect to explain in an in depth and detailed enough way. But you can become directly conscious of it and your question will be answered. Good luck trying to explain it to anyone when you do though ?

@Dazgwny @neovox Could be just unreal hallucinations. It's just that you believe that the experience showed the Truth. Many other people have chosen to believe that such experiences which they have had are unreal hallucinations.

Edited by Blackhawk

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

Why I am me and not you...

And the elephant in the room: "Why do I keep on being me?"

The only solution is to remove "me" out of the question through destroying the ego. Then it's a simple case of answering "Why am?"

All stories and explanations are false.

@Someone here You have wanted to experience life from every different perspective. It's like a game you started playing but forgot that you are playing or that you even started the game by your own will.

In the game you live life from that one perspective instead of the neighbor's cat's, but you can become conscious that it's just a game and that you actually are all the perspectives simultaneously, not only the one you think in the game you are playing. That's the point of awakening. 

31 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

And the elephant in the room: "Why do I keep on being me?"

The only solution is to remove "me" out of the question through destroying the ego. Then it's a simple case of answering "Why am?"

But if we remove the 'I'.. Then it's a totally different question.. Asking about why being even exists which is a difference... I'm asking why are you a human being right now and not a shark for example? 

2 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Someone here not 'coincidentally'.. necessarily. 

'coulds' and 'shoulds' are really 'could ifs' and 'should ifs'.. 

You 'could have been a cat, if only conditions were such that you were a cat, but since conditions were not such, you can't be a cat." 

You 'could live in a different reality, if only you lived in a different reality, but you don't, so you can't.'. 

Could you elaborate? 

2 hours ago, AdamR95 said:

@Someone here

because it is what it is  

because it cant be otherwise

-Osho

@Someone here "I'm asking why are you a human being right now and not a shark for example?"

Isn't it obvious? 

If I was a shark, I would be a shark, but I'm not, I'm a human.

Asking 'why is that so', is like asking, 'why is reality the way it is, and not some other way?'.  I'm not sure there is a satisfactory answer to that question.  Reality is the way that it is, because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be how it IS.  I know this is circular logic, but such is the nature of logic.  A=A is circular. A can not equal B, because if it did, it would be B, and not A.  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But if we remove the 'I'.. Then it's a totally different question.. Asking about why being even exists which is a difference... I'm asking why are you a human being right now and not a shark for example? 

'you' are not a real entity, that's why your question doesn't make sense... "why are you a human being right now and not a shark for example"

Your illusory sense of separate self thinks there's some substance to it, and you identify with it, that's why you ask this question and cannot find a satisfactory answer... It's like a wave asking itself "why am 'I' this wave and not that wave over there, or a whirlpool, or a tsunami?" There is no real identity to an individual wave, it's just a movement of water that it (if it had the self-reflecting capability we have) imagines it's separate from the ocean

Edited by Chris365

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Could you elaborate? 

I see, you still think you exist, thats the problem

the thing you are identifying as right now is projection of ego not the real you

Edited by AdamR95

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm asking why are you a human being right now and not a shark for example?

@Someone here You're basically asking "why is everything the way it is and not any different way?"

But look, if things were different, they would still be the same - in the sense that they are what they are.

That which is, is, and therefore has no alternative. Because if "the alternative" would be, it would be the only way it could be, because it is!!

This is extremely tautological and doesn't make any sense from a logical point of view, I know. What I'm saying is A=A.

And you're asking "why is A=A and not A=B?"

Because A is A!

It is itself and therefore can't be anything but itself, even if reality would be B, it would be B and not A.

My answer is meaningless because your question is meaningless.

1 hour ago, Snader said:

@Someone here You have wanted to experience life from every different perspective. It's like a game you started playing but forgot that you are playing or that you even started the game by your own will.

In the game you live life from that one perspective instead of the neighbor's cat's, but you can become conscious that it's just a game and that you actually are all the perspectives simultaneously, not only the one you think in the game you are playing. That's the point of awakening. 

How do you know any of that? Sounds like a story to me. 

-Osho