Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holygrail

How can we know if enlightenment actually reveals truth with absolute certainty?

14 posts in this topic

Do you really "just know" when you go through one of these "supposed" enlightenment experiences? How could we know the truth with absolute certainty after we go though one of these "mystical" experiences? It seems like a lot of faith is put into these experiences but it could also be that we're bullshitting ourselves..

Yeah I thought about this too. Maybe just because I didnt experienced a full awakening yet. But isnt it possible that this experience of infinity or No-Boundary is still just an experience that happens within the individual, and the human has just the capacity to enter into it but it still remains within the individual

6 minutes ago, Holygrail said:

Do you really "just know" when you go through one of these "supposed" enlightenment experiences? How could we know the truth with absolute certainty after we go though one of these "mystical" experiences? It seems like a lot of faith is put into these experiences but it could also be that we're bullshitting ourselves..

You can only know the present moment, everything else is belief and psychadelics can show you that. So you can ground yourself in the present moment wich is the most real thing. But there is always possibility you are bullshiting yourself so being carefull is always good option.

@Holygrail Enlightenment has nothing whatsoever to do with belief. It's no guessing, no speculating, no assuming and nothing else of this kind. 

If I hit you, you don't have to believe in anything in order to feel the pain, do you? If I play some beautiful music to you, you don't have to have any assumptions in order to hear and enjoy the music, do you? If I show you some colorful object, you don't have to think of anything in order to be aware of the colors, do you?

It's also no "just knowing" or "intuiting". 

If somehow you should suddenly slip into an actual enlightenment experience, i.e. a nondual state of awareness, it will hit you with the might of a  freight train. It is so immensely powerful, that all of reality will be vastly different in terms of the way you see it (nothing about the appearance of reality itself changes). 

Yes, people sometimes think that they are "enlightened" when in reality they are deluding themselves, but when the real deal hits you, it's going to be as obvious as obvious can be. 

Edited by Tim R

2 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@Holygrail Enlightenment has nothing whatsoever to do with belief. It's no guessing, no speculating, no assuming and nothing else of this kind. 

If I hit you, you don't have to believe in anything in order to feel the pain, do you? If I play some beautiful music to you, you don't have to have any assumptions in order to hear and enjoy the music, do you? If I show you some colorful object, you don't have to think of anything in order to be aware of the colors, do you?

the experience is real but there is always room for missinterpretation

Because Enlightment is the realization of Truth

Enlightment = Truth

Until Enlightment all you know is relative knowledge and relative truth. So you project Enlightment to also being a relative truth.

But the point of enlightenment is to be an absolute truth

In my view profound enlightenment leaves one free of the fear of death. You know you're not that which dies. It's hard to bullshit yourself on that point.

13 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Because Enlightment is the realization of Truth

Enlightment = Truth

Until Enlightment all you know is relative knowledge and relative truth. So you project Enlightment to also being a relative truth.

But the point of enlightenment is to be an absolute truth

?❤

Now it's time to enjoy my dream. :)

Edited by zeroISinfinity

As long as there is doubt, there is no enlightenment.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

4 hours ago, Holygrail said:

Do you really "just know" when you go through one of these "supposed" enlightenment experiences? How could we know the truth with absolute certainty 

You don't get it yet.  You will BE the Truth.  You can't get any closer than that because you also can't escape yourself.  So when you realize that - that you are Infinity - you will be infinity.  And i mean actually realize it - not in theory - thus collapsing the duality of actuality and concept.  You won't be able to miss yourself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

You don't get it yet.  You will BE the Truth.  You can't get any closer than that because you also can't escape yourself.  So when you realize that - that you are Infinity - you will be infinity.  And i mean actually realize it - not in theory - thus collapsing the duality of actuality and concept.  You won't be able to miss yourself.

You will never be infinity in this life, this life is not infinity, it is not source , just hair of the source, you can ofc delude yourself to believe that you are something bigger then you are. 

5 minutes ago, PureRogueQ said:

You will never be infinity in this life, this life is not infinity,  

Exactly :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.