BlackMaze

Should i study crypto investing?

31 posts in this topic

Can you really blame me for wanting to break out of this shit? My family having financial problems fucked up my life. I got sick and my sister got sick. I didn't have enough to eat at some point and i had to move to a new country that i hate. I have to keep working at slave jobs that destroy my health. Excuse my language but i'm fucking angry. If my family wasn't poor i would probably be married by now and not sick. I wouldn't experience a fucktone of stress. Of course there are worse situations than mine i don't want to hear it. It seems to me that educating myself about crypto investing could make me rich. I would be a fool to not act on it. This is not something that interests me too much. I don't really care, i just want to be free. I want a good life. I would like to make games for a living. I feel that i am just daydreaming. The amount of work i have to put in is enormous. If i was really financially free i would be able to enjoy it fully. Should i study investing or should i focus on inventing something? I just can't keep on wasting my life. I want to get the fuck out of this rich country and back to my country but i can't do that without alot of money. 

Your motivations are backwards.

You are asking how you can be a bigger leech. What you should be asking is how you can provide massive value to the world. That is the proper way to get rich.

This is counter-intuitive. Your selfishness will backfire on you. It would be wiser to solve your situation through selflessness.

I am not saying crypto is bad, I am saying your selfish mindset will keep you poor. So if you really wish to be rich, start thinking seriously about reversing your mindset before it is too late.

Notice how you want something for nothing. This is sure way to failure. If I did business this way, I would be broke.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, BlackMaze said:

I would like to make games for a living.

That would be a good thing to invest in right there. What do you need to make the games? 

1 hour ago, BlackMaze said:

If i was really financially free i would be able to enjoy it fully.

You are capable of enjoying things financially free or not. Getting financial freedom is nice for sure, but I wouldn't place happiness on it. I would figure out how to have fun on the way to financial freedom instead. 

19 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

I would figure out how to have fun on the way to financial freedom instead. 

mmmm :)  ... I feel this.  Thanks for the reminder.

I can also understand @BlackMaze's position as well.  I've definitely had times of deep despair and frustration and felt like, if only I had money or x,y, and z, then things would be great.  Funnily enough, I had some of my most positive feelings I've ever had (or remember having) in the exact same position (externally that is).  

So ya, I think for me at least, being able to enjoy the ride is becoming more and more of a "slap my forehead of course!" these days.  Sort of asking more questions like "What would I most like to do today?" or "What's most meaningful to me?" I think has helped me pivot to enjoying life more, even while working towards other goals like finances, etc.

Also, interestingly enough, I think that the more one can relax and enjoy life, no matter what, the more one will be open to knowing what the best things to do are for material successes and happiness in the future.  It sort of builds on itself.  Figuring out the joy part is also more sustainable I think, no matter what task you're doing.  

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 Some years back I had lost all of my stuff, place I lived, and my business to a flood. I was in a state of despair. I ended up getting a job at burger king. I imagined that it would be embarrassing. While working there I actually found a lot of ways to enjoy it. I was actually happier at some points much more than what I had been prior to the flood. I was able to make a lot of flow situations while working there. I liked to tell the order total to people before the register figured it out. Building out skills and routines there made the time pass much more smoothly. 

I've managed to achieve much more by just releasing on what I want. For whatever reason the less I "require" something the easier it is to actually get. 

Edited by Average Investor

I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Or is it for those who have billions, and the loss of one million is not critical for them

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are asking how you can be a bigger leech. What you should be asking is how you can provide massive value to the world. That is the proper way to get rich.

This is counter-intuitive. Your selfishness will backfire on you. It would be wiser to solve your situation through selflessness.

I am not saying crypto is bad, I am saying your selfish mindset will keep you poor. So if you really wish to be rich, start thinking seriously about reversing your mindset before it is too late.

Notice how you want something for nothing. This is sure way to failure. If I did business this way, I would be broke.

Thank you. I do understand that my mindset is not the right one. The reason i started this thread was to get some help to look at it differently. So how do i actually reverse my mindset for good? Are the books from the booklist enough to change it? 

11 hours ago, Average Investor said:

That would be a good thing to invest in right there. What do you need to make the games? 

I already have everything i need. A good pc and enough learning material. The thing i don't have is good enough discipline. I really want to change this. I want to enjoy mastering the skills i need to create something. I don't want to keep thinking that i need to make money from this. This is a little hard when i feel that i am trapped in an environment that i can't get out of without enough money and no guarantee to 'make it' someday. 

@Matt23

Thank you. I am still looking for a way to enjoy the ride

@Hello from Russia i don't, at least right now. I'm just saying that i probably would by now if i wasn't poor. 

11 hours ago, Average Investor said:

@Matt23I ended up getting a job at burger king. I imagined that it would be embarrassing. While working there I actually found a lot of ways to enjoy it. I was actually happier at some points much more than what I had been prior to the flood. I was able to make a lot of flow situations while working there. I liked to tell the order total to people before the register figured it out. Building out skills and routines there made the time pass much more smoothly.

This is the way i work. Otherwise it would be unbearable. 

Edited by BlackMaze

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Why not do both? Provide massive value and also get bitcoin rich to leverage yourself?

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

13 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Why not do both? Provide massive value and also get bitcoin rich to leverage yourself?

Yeah. I will change my mindset and do both. I don't need to go full on crypto but i can learn some basics to not lose an opportunity. 

3 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

Yeah. I will change my mindset and do both. I don't need to go full on crypto but i can learn some basics to not lose an opportunity. 

I don't see a problem with it. If you earn a lot of money you can use that for your LP.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

You need money to start investing though. 

Do both

For example, I run an online business & as were in a bull market majority of my investment allocation goes into Crypto, it’s been lucrative so far, but I wouldn’t rely on it solely, unless you want to go full time crypto- youtuber, developer, trader etc

I do spend most of my spare time researching and understanding crypto, but it’s defo worth it if you have the money & is paying off for me so far 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Fuck.. It really is my mindset at fault. If i somehow managed to get rich and then suddenly lose all of my money i would do it again. It's as simple as that. Thank you Leo this information was enough to get me started. 

@LfcCharlie4 thank you for your answer. I plan on taking some udemy courses to understand the basics and then watch some quality youtubers. I've put 200 in there and i plan to put 50-100 euros per month or just an amount that i don't care too much about losing. 

Maybe i could also brainstorm business ideas or products everyday as a habit. For sure some books are where i should start to get my mindset in place. 

On 06/03/2021 at 2:56 AM, Average Investor said:

I've managed to achieve much more by just releasing on what I want. For whatever reason the less I "require" something the easier it is to actually get. 

@Average Investor Can you elaborate on that point? 

Something tells me I really resonate with that, but my slow brain can't quite grasp what you're saying. 

@Striving for more Deliberately letting go of something with all aspects good and bad. Write them all out and work on letting go of your emotions associated with it. There are a few different techniques out there that work very well for this. 

On 3/6/2021 at 5:25 AM, BlackMaze said:

I already have everything i need. A good pc and enough learning material. The thing i don't have is good enough discipline. I really want to change this. I want to enjoy mastering the skills i need to create something. I don't want to keep thinking that i need to make money from this. This is a little hard when i feel that i am trapped in an environment that i can't get out of without enough money and no guarantee to 'make it' someday. 

I am in the same boat with mastering. I'm not really sure on all of the clarity though either. I think I still need to follow more passions, but I am getting there. I struggled today to really get a lot of time into contemplating on what my plan is. I am chipping away at it though. 

I would see how you can start to slowly build the skills you want to master into your routine. Don't go all in at the start, but really pace yourself. If you have to start with 15 minutes a day, then start there. I would also look into a job that relates in some way to this, so you can build skills as you go. 

@BlackMaze In the nicest way bro, that really is a small amount of money. 

Your focus right now should be FULLY on increasing your income & creating a business / career etc 

Learn Crypto investing on the side sure, but building your income & business will be much more effective 

It's been one of my own main goals since I left school at 18 and is going pretty awesome so far, I now invest a lot in Crypto but the focus is all on my business primarily as that is my real income generator, then Crypto / Investments further help with wealth creation 

I would also say learn about the mindset of wealth & money etc to help you keep and preserve wealth long term!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Average Investor good suggestions thanks. It's a little hard to find a job that relates to this though.. 

@LfcCharlie4 i agree... In a sense i asked the wrong question but got the right answers. I will work on my mindset and routines. You know all these years i keep banging my head against the wall for not investing even this amount of money in crypto. I first heard about bitcoin in 2009. I also heard about ethereum when it was cheap. I also knew about cardano when it was cheap. I didn't act on it. If a coin costs 0.001$ let's say and i invest 200$ in it and goes to 1$ then i made 200k. Even if taxes take half of it i have enough to feel more free. Of course this is hopeful thinking, i don't know what i am talking about, i understand it' s like a gamble but less so the more you know what you are doing and do your own research. I will be focusing primarily on starting a business even if i have no idea how to do that. I will try to understand crypto in the hopes of making me some side income and not making me rich as this is probably unlikely to happen with small investments. 

@BlackMaze Theres still projects out there that can make you a lot of money, but you can’t really control those things. 

Focus on things you can control & then you’ll have more money to play with as well! 

Here is a nice text from Nahm, it can help you to find a place of strength and peace from which you can take resourceful action ❤️

You have everything you need and the gaming market is booming right now. Especially mobile games.

You don't need to educate yourself on crypto to make money from it. Everyone makes money there now. It's booming. If you see an increase in price like right now it means everyone is buying. Don't buy as well. When prices go down it means that most people sell. This is the time you buy in. There is nothing to understand here logically. You want to master your emotions.

Learning about the technology without having an interest is pointless to me. There is no ROI. But if it eases your mind and you want to learn about it go ahead. I'm sure the technology can be implemented in many ways and definitely can be used for programming games.