Someone here

Fear of death

64 posts in this topic

I'm scared shitless of death.... 

.. Even tho.. after doing insane amounts of contemplation.. I found that death is not even a fact lol(yeah whatever)  I really couldn't find a single evidence that death is real xD.. But that's more on the back burner there is this ultimate fear. The kicker is of course.. You have not the first clue what's going to happen after death.. The body seems to die. What goes on after that?.?? Nobody knows. Sweet... And life is short you know.. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, years max and ba bye. 

How to overcome fear of death?  Let me say given that.. Death itself is unknown (or known, I don't even know lol)(this is a consequence of Leo's mantra "death is imaginary" .. And what's afterwards is unknown (if lay aside religious stories and philosophical speculation). Hands down.. Reincarnation.. Nothingness.. Heaven and hell realms etc are nothing but beautiful beliefs. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

If you truly understand that reality is mirroring your mind, then it can help. 

2 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

If you truly understand that reality is mirroring your mind, then it can help. 

Elaborate.. One liner 9_9

-Osho

Personally I'm scared shitless of horrific injury, having a stroke, being a vegetable and so on. Death is low on the list.

All stories and explanations are false.

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm scared shitless of death.... 

.. Even tho.. after doing insane amounts of contemplation.. I found that death is not even a fact lol(yeah whatever)  I really couldn't find a single evidence that death is real xD.. But that's more on the back burner there is this ultimate fear. The kicker is of course.. You have not the first clue what's going to happen after death.. The body seems to die. What goes on after that?.?? Nobody knows.

There is no death at all.

Death is imaginary.

How to overcome fear of death? 

By dying (awakening) ;)

Leo's mantra "death is imaginary"

It's not a mantra, it's something for you to become conscious of through awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Death is imaginary

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

By dying (awakening) ;)

Ironic. 

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Elaborate.. One liner 9_9

If you understand that reality is your mirror, then you can more easily understand that your body is your mirror, which means they actually are not you. 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Death is imaginary.

By dying (awakening) ;)

It's not a mantra, it's something for you to become conscious of through awakening.

Love it ??

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

12 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Personally I'm scared shitless of horrific injury, having a stroke, being a vegetable and so on. Death is low on the list.

LOL being a vegetable?  How do you know what's that like? ?(Salvia). 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

13 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

If you understand that reality is your mirror, then you can more easily understand that your body is your mirror, which means they actually are not you. 

bare in my mind.. I have practiced meditation for a year -- I could feel this sense of oneness (quicker than that possibly).. and it become palpably clear that I am not my body (exclusively).. mainly from observing the interconnection between every aspect of my direct experience and how they are in some sort of indirect communion.. harmoniously interacting. Yet it seems that the body is the center piece... It's not that awareness is shining from my room door.. From the body. And as far evidence goes.. The body dies. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

bare in my mind.. I have practiced meditation for a year -- I could feel this sense of oneness (quicker than that possibly).. and it become palpably clear that I am not my body (exclusively).. mainly from observing the interconnection between every aspect of my direct experience and how they are in some sort of indirect communion.. harmoniously interacting. Yet it seems that the body is the center piece... It's not that awareness is shining from my room door.. From the body. And as far evidence goes.. The body dies. 

Yes I understand. But your image of you also is an appearance in that harmony. The thought that "im afraid of death" also is an appearance like a wave raising and falling, but you're the projector projecting those images effortlessly, simply by being. 

Suspension of disbelief, sometimes called willing suspension of disbelief, is the intentional avoidance of critical thinking or logic in examining something surreal, such as a work of speculative fiction, in order to believe it for the sake of enjoyment. (We do this all the time when we watch fiction movies or TV.. we suspend our disbelief in things like zombies or vampires or aliens, because it would ruin the fun if we didn't). 

At some level you enjoy being scared of death.  It's like watching a scary movie, just so you can feel afraid.  Sometimes, when a movie is 'too scary', you may even be tempted to turn the movie off, or perhaps just look around the room to remind yourself that it's only a movie, and that there's nothing to fear... you may even laugh at how scared you made yourself by intentionally pretending it was real. ;) 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Yes the body will surely die.

The sense of self experienced within that body is an illusion.

So it does not die, because it was never real from the start.... death is already the case ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

The body seems to die. What goes on after that?.?? Nobody knows.

You dont know what will happen in the next 5 second and you are not scared about that i guess.

LOL being a vegetable?  How do you know what's that like? ?(Salvia).

I don't, I'm just scared shitless of it. Obviously, I meant a persistent vegetative state, not a cabbage, but I guess with Salvia it could go either way.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

How to overcome fear of death?

For me, it was by having that cosmic 'ohh' moment, realizing what truth is really about, and smiling at yourself because you were really just playing yourself the whole time and you knew it all along. That "?-moment".

Screenshot_20200920-102658~3.png

1 hour ago, nistake said:

Yup, death is the ultimate fear of the finite mind. Spiritual awakening is the solution, there's no another way around it.

I consider myself awake.. That's how I said death isn't factual. Because I've arrived that only present moment is truth.  Let me ask you this.. How do you even know that death is real?! 

-Osho

@Someone here it's as real/unreal as the person you are asking your question to.  

Imagine being in a dream, and asking another character within your dream how they know you're going to wake up.  If you did this, it would mean you are still dreaming, and not yet awake. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 hour ago, Vibroverse said:

Yes I understand. But your image of you also is an appearance in that harmony. The thought that "im afraid of death" also is an appearance like a wave raising and falling, but you're the projector projecting those images effortlessly, simply by being. 

I know all about oneness very well. 

Oneness is a fundamental truth. We are all made of the same physical components originating from the same source and our bodies were constructed out of our environment.. our bodies are at one with everything around it. The biological and environmental system are collectively one system. A change in either affects the other.

Oneness is synonymous with interdependence or 2 different ways in which you are saying the same thing. Everything - down to the atom - depends upon everything else for it to exist. This is similar to the Buddhist concept of 'emptiness' in that nothing possesses an independent existence.  So when body dies.. We observe it dissolving into the soil and Merging back with the universe.. Same like a cup of water if it's get thrown back at a lake.. I thought of that analogy before but I'm not certain.. This still in the realm of speculation. 

-Osho