Someone here

Fear of death

66 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

Of course not knowing can sometimes be extremely fear-triggering. Think about finding yourself in a place or a house and you know absolutely nothing about it.. . You would be afraid until you can get certain about where you are and who brought you there and so forth.  And it happened a lot during one's life where you are forced to deal with uncertainty.. It feels uncomfortable.. Those the rare occasion when everyone’s life gets sideswiped and we are forced to sit in a vast uncertainty for an extended period of time. How deadly is the virus? (Corona) We don’t know. How long will this last? No idea. Are the drastic social precautions worth it? Maybe—maybe not. Are there effective treatments? Perhaps. Also perhaps not. Is the virus influenced by the weather.. by genetics.. by geography? Probably.. maybe.. and.. uh… shrug? 

Most scenarios (from what you presented) seem to trigger some sort of fear.. For example the idea of hell seems to cause existential crisis when reflected upon long enough. The idea of eternal annihilation seems to drive me crazy.. The idea of eternal life via reincarnation seems to equal eternal suffering. Etc.  It seems like whatever is gonna happen causes some anxiety.  And once again the kicker is you don't even know. You are completely clueless. You will only know when you die. 

In a sense yes.. You could say I know nothing. But there is a difference..at some level.. Experiencing something =knowing it. I have experienced this world.. So it can be said that I know about It at some level. But I  have no experience of death.. It's completely unknown.. As I mentioned in OP.. You can even get skeptical about whether death is even real. 

Well, I'll leave this up to Nahm. He's the one who helped me get over my overthinking tendencies. Maybe contact him in private or tag him here. I can try to offer something from my experience, but it won't be as articulate or effective as his. Basically, it requires surrendering and letting go of the need to control everything, but it's easier said than done. And I myself haven't gotten over it completely yet (although not regarding death), so I'm probably not the best source for advice here.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit I don't think Nahm has a prevention pill for death. Lol 

I live my life in a dream; the constant threat of a rude awakening keeps me on my toes.
-Mettley Zimmer

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Gesundheit I don't think Nahm has a prevention pill for death. Lol 

Did you think that I have?

150274651_2815237035404781_8113245355259268808_n.jpg

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit no. 

I live my life in a dream; the constant threat of a rude awakening keeps me on my toes.
-Mettley Zimmer

@Someone here Seriously, Nahm could help. Contact him if you're serious.

@Gesundheit I already have a dreamboard.. I Swear xD

P. S (will see). 

Edited by Someone here

-Mettley Zimmer