Vision

Does development make awakening easier?

27 posts in this topic

By development, I mean developmental stages.

 

Would it be easier to be awakened at say, Stage Yellow/Turquoise than at Stage Blue/Orange? Since you're not clinging as much to your ego as the latter? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each and every stage has their own similar needs look at the psychology needs down below and compare it with the sd stages and the lower the stage the lower level their needs is. As simple as that! 

For an orange person they have to fulfill their material needs and they should ensure their safety, so it'll stop them from pursuing enlightenment if a person valids their own safety more than reality. And it also true that nothing is good or bad with these stages. So nothing bad or good in pursuing safety or enlightenment.

images (1).jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dark_White said:

Each and every stage has their own similar needs look at the psychology needs down below and compare it with the sd stages and the lower the stage the lower level their needs is. As simple as that! 

For an orange person they have to fulfill their material needs and they should ensure their safety, so it'll stop them from pursuing enlightenment if a person valids their own safety more than reality. And it also true that nothing is good or bad with these stages. So nothing bad or good in pursuing safety or enlightenment.

images (1).jpeg

While Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and Spiral Dynamics have some overlap, they point to different things. 

 

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs - Human Needs

Spiral Dynamics - Values and Worldview, interpretation of reality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but if you think you can rely on development to awaken you, you'll be very disappointed. It won't.

If you want awakening, the only way to get it is to work your ass for it with intense focus and clarity of purpose.

No hardcore spiritual practices, no awaken. It's that simple.

Which is the reason 99.9999% of people are not awake and will never be awake.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vision i mean in my pov it fits so well together. Take this approach the stages until red are all about the psychological needs. From blue to orange are always about a security and don't trying to go away from their safety net and their own attachments which is safety for their identification. Green is more like social and accepting every views. Yellow they develop their sense of self and this time their esteem needs met, so no any external validity means for them. Finally, turquoise is all about knowing themselves which is the ultimate reality.

 

Yeah its my way of interpreting not so objective on that but i seem it fits together well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vision said:

By development, I mean developmental stages.

Would it be easier to be awakened at say, Stage Yellow/Turquoise than at Stage Blue/Orange? Since you're not clinging as much to your ego as the latter? 

Awakened = there’s no ‘you’ nor ‘your ego’. 

“Clinging as much to your ego” = thought attachment = pretending there’s a separate self. 

You’re actually supporting your suffering with complicated theories and models which have nothing to do with thought attachment. 


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but if you think you can rely on development to awaken you, you'll be very disappointed. It won't.

If you want awakening, the only way to get it is to work your ass for it with intense focus and clarity of purpose.

No hardcore spiritual practices, no awaken. It's that simple.

Which is the reason 99.9999% of people are not awake and will never be awake.

What about if you are a traumatized person? Is it not better for that person to develop and clean his psyche before taking psychedelics? I took psychedelics several times and most of them were bad trips.


My journal on self-actualization, relationships and dating:

Pickup Express Journal

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vision

I feel it is more so the other way around awakening makes development easier, awakening gets you to realize what is true, & development is a lot easier when you are in line with what is true. You are painting a picture called you, and it is perfectly what it is, to change it is alright & to not change it is alright. Not being attached to needing to change or needing to stay the same makes everything a lot more enjoyable.

Developing yourself can also make awakening easier as well, as there might be less neurotic stuff going on, but it is harder to develop a self when you believe you are a self. 


The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though awakening often occurs after a whole lot of spiritual obsession, I'm not convinced that means the awakening was the result of that. In fact, upon awakening, it's recognized it was always that way -- there was never anyone there. Just identification with an idea of who you are. "I am awakened" is an example of a perfect oxymoron.

Edited by The0Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

What about if you are a traumatized person? Is it not better for that person to develop and clean his psyche before taking psychedelics? I took psychedelics several times and most of them were bad trips.

It's always a good idea to develop.

Don't make it a false binary choice.

Do both with passion.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but if you think you can rely on development to awaken you, you'll be very disappointed. It won't.

If you want awakening, the only way to get it is to work your ass for it with intense focus and clarity of purpose.

No hardcore spiritual practices, no awaken. It's that simple.

Which is the reason 99.9999% of people are not awake and will never be awake.

In this case, the most effective way to awaken would be to supplement spiritual practices (for awakening) with exhausting the desires you have given the developmental stage you’re at? 

 

This would mean that it’s less effective to devote your entire life to meditation to awaken because your developmental stage is holding you back.

 

The way I see it is:

Awakening makes you realise this is a video game.

Development makes the video game better and more fun.

 

Would you agree with this proposition? @Leo Gura

Edited by Vision

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dark_White said:

@Vision i mean in my pov it fits so well together. Take this approach the stages until red are all about the psychological needs. From blue to orange are always about a security and don't trying to go away from their safety net and their own attachments which is safety for their identification. Green is more like social and accepting every views. Yellow they develop their sense of self and this time their esteem needs met, so no any external validity means for them. Finally, turquoise is all about knowing themselves which is the ultimate reality.

 

Yeah its my way of interpreting not so objective on that but i seem it fits together well.

I never argued with that :) 

 

Yes, notice how all developmental models are so similar. Whether it’s Clare’s model, Susan’s model, Gebser’s model, Maslow’s model. 

 

They all develop in essentially the exact same order, but they point to different things and are used for different reasons.

 

Maslow’s model - Human needs, can be used to identify your needs 

Clare Grave’s model - Values and worldview. Can be used to explain society and human’s behaviour.

Susan’s model - Self identity. Can be used to predict human behaviour

 

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

Awakened = there’s no ‘you’ nor ‘your ego’. 

“Clinging as much to your ego” = thought attachment = pretending there’s a separate self. 

You’re actually supporting your suffering with complicated theories and models which have nothing to do with thought attachment. 

We can use models and theories as a staircase though 

 

14 hours ago, allislove said:

No.

How?

 

14 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

@Vision

I feel it is more so the other way around awakening makes development easier, awakening gets you to realize what is true, & development is a lot easier when you are in line with what is true. You are painting a picture called you, and it is perfectly what it is, to change it is alright & to not change it is alright. Not being attached to needing to change or needing to stay the same makes everything a lot more enjoyable.

Developing yourself can also make awakening easier as well, as there might be less neurotic stuff going on, but it is harder to develop a self when you believe you are a self. 

Yes, this is true. Ken Wilber says it himself, that Waking Up makes Growing Up faster and easier. 

I want to know if Growing Up makes Waking Up faster and easier. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vision

For sure. I’m pointing to the distinction of identification. What you experience, and ‘who’ you really are. The frames, models and theories are building a staircase of identification. It seems. Maybe not. It’s easy to get caught up identifying by / with them. 


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nahm

Yes, of course. I try my best to look at these models as merely tools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vision said:

How?

Basically was nodding to the Nahm's reply:

20 hours ago, Nahm said:

You’re actually supporting your suffering with complicated theories and models which have nothing to do with thought attachment. 

"Simplicity is very difficult for twisted minds." – ACIM


⭐ if you want some spiritual hints - feel free to DM me the questions: https://www.instagram.com/dima.happy.living/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, allislove said:

Basically was nodding to the Nahm's reply:

What do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Vision said:

What do you mean?

Agreeing with the Nahm's reply, like so:

nod.gif

Seems like the complicated theories/models/levels are just reinforcing the belief in a separate person.  


⭐ if you want some spiritual hints - feel free to DM me the questions: https://www.instagram.com/dima.happy.living/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now