JosephKnecht

Daniel Schmachtenberger & Bret Weinstein

101 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, mmKay said:

Would you saw understanding reallity is more important to you than explaining it or viceversa? 

Understanding and explaining are two sides of the same coin.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Understanding and explaining are two sides of the same coin.

Hm. I thought you can go way deeper with understanding as it doesn't have the same bottle neck  of language and putting things into words / images or analogies  as explaining has. Even though you do conceptualize you inner understanding with language as well to a degree, non symbolic awareness would be the other understanding mechanism ( that cant be exactly / precisely comunicated, although can be attempted) 

Also you can understand things and not bother to explain or articulate them in a precise way. 

(In my opinion) 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Totally agree that education is the key to solving these major problems. First, second, and third-person epidemics are so needed at this time. I also think that the hope in achieving that lies in the percentage of the population that is currently self-educating to reach the point of wisdom. Especially a lot of the younger generation right now is more open-minded than previous generations. Although The Algorithm intensifies delusion, separation, and unconsciousness, it can also do the opposite and help those who are open to knowledge gain the knowledge needed to attain wisdom. Holistic thinking is at the center of this whole puzzle, and the more people attain it, the more likely we will be able to survive as a whole. It is a necessary step of our evolution. The current situation is designed to invoke the necessary steps for humanity to grow intellectually and spiritually.  

So how can we help educate people better or lead them to the path of self-education? Why aren't people educating themselves more? It all really comes down to survival/personal development; physically, ideologically, and socially. We can look at every stage of spiral dynamics and see what challenges every stage faces when it comes to developing holistic thinking. To reach at least some form of holistic thinking, one would need to reach at least spiral dynamic stage yellow in some compacity. How can we build systems that would move people towards that? I think we really should have a network of holistic thinkers from different fields, backgrounds, and cultures to counter the complexity of the existing systems and develop small holistic actions/processes to create more wholeness within humanity over time. The complexity and dynamic of these current systems make it so that it is not possible for one individual to have a complete understanding of every mechanic and causality that exists and connects. We need to come together in some way and help each other make sense of the whole first, and then we can see the holistic actions required to benefit the whole without damaging it. I can see that if all the true holistic thinkers (stage yellow and above) around the globe all come together, it would not be a difficult task to start making sense of things on a holistic level.      

It's so fucking brilliant how perfectly designed all of this is, the unification of humanity whether through extinction or higher awakening is gonna be such a small yet grand story for us to experience. I wonder how it's gonna play out.    

Edited by erik8lrl

@erik8lrl Love your thinking! One of the big challenges I see is that especially thanks to the internet we can all create our own reality, so Orange has its own bubble, Green has theirs, and Yellow certainly has their own, too. It's so rare for healthy cross-pollination amongst the stages, and when I have seen it, it usually ends in bickering and further entrenchment of one's current worldview. I just had a Green person quote Daniel Schmachtenberger back to me as an example for why his outlandish conspiracy theory views should be taken seriously. Everyone sees and hears what they want, cherry picking this or that to fill in their existing worldview. Yellow, at least, is aware of it.

So my question is, how can Yellow folks appeal to other stages in a way that invites people up and through the spiral? Leo seems like a rare example of someone who has been able to do this, and I suspect it's partly because he started at Orange and brought his audience alongside with him as he himself evolved. Curious to hear others thoughts on this...

@tuckerwphotography It's all connected. The current challenge lies with the process of ego development and spiral dynamics. Rather than trying to convert lower-stage people up the spiral, those who are yellow and above should understand the complexity of the ego development process. People will only move up the spiral when it is the right time for them. Each stage is designed to give valuable experiences that are needed for the next stage. The nature of duality is that they flip between each other once the extreme is reached. This is why to reach yellow; you need to go through the delusion of blue and the wokeness of green. The problem is how the system that creates this process is currently off balance. Like Daniel's point, the information ecology is currently not healthy enough to help most people naturally go through these stages. Even for Leo, the percentage of his viewer that actually moved up to Yellow through his teaching is extremely low. It is a fundamental systematic issue. However, the system is too complex for one person to grasp the whole. Thus we need to come together in some way to making sense of it. The consilience project, for example, is a good potential method to rebalance the system at a small scale to test the reaction of the whole. A truly objective and holistic media source is not only essential to sensemaking, but I think it also has a lot of demand at this time. Most people are confused about the current information landscape to the point they stopped trying to understand it. People actually want a media source that they can trust. By showcasing the research method and the process of sensemaking through a holistic lens, it will help those who are ready to learn holistic thinking start learning it. Ultimately, the best way to help others change is not through indoctrination but through inspiration and truth. To set oneself as an example for others to learn from naturally as they develop on their own. Those who are truly inspired will have enough intrinsic motivation to reach higher stages. Once they do, they will naturally become examples for others in their environment. Ultimately, the chain of inspiration should continue to grow exponentially as more and more of the population reach higher development. As more holistic thinkers come together we can come up with more of this kind of solution/action or even ones that are better and more whole, since our understanding of the whole will be much clearer.  

Edited by erik8lrl

Humanity is too selfish to make itself extinct. That's the simple point Daniel is missing.

The only thing that will make mankind extinct is a huge-ass meteor from space. And it needs to hit in the next 50 years or else even that won't do it.

The most anti-fragile thing on this planet is humans. Don't overlook the obvious ;)

@Leo Gura or to colonize Mars therefore starting an us vs them interplanetary war where both planets happen to nuke eachother at the same time

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@Leo Gura Yeah, even tho complete extinction is unlikely (and I think Daniel is a good example of why it won't), the chance for great catastrophe and conflict is high if not certain if the current system persists. 

Edited by erik8lrl

@Leo Gura Dry wind chars human storm lies barren wasted
Greed taints water thirst dream the asphalt burial

Daylight meltdown long gone
Death grabs at stillborn child
Another low test pesticide

Not until they are dead believe in words attaching dread
No meaning
Color world of different levels
No chance to rectify

Nightmare running races skyward
Towers boil black water tea
Contagious waste disposal growing
Blind faith a tragedy propagate safe history
Blind faith a tragedy propagate safe history

Not until they are dead
Not until they are dead listen
Not until they are dead

You are in very serious trouble

Creatures running underground
All the cages rusted
Displaced food bowl, empty now
Fit for the licking

Faces form memory
Blind faith stupidity
Races run secretly
Blind faith a tragedy

Not until they are dead
Stop breathing fleas attach themselves
Biting bits of flesh consuming words once hated
Words are shit contracting the disease

46 minutes ago, erik8lrl said:

the chance for great catastrophe and conflict is high

In other words, same shit all always.

The thing is, there's nothing at new about any of this. Mankind has been at war since the dawn of time.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Humanity is too selfish to make itself extinct. That's the simple point Daniel is missing.

Would that not imply though that we have the wisdom to not cause our own extinction?

@erik8lrl Beautifully articulated! I went on a mushroom journey last night and essentially landed on the same existential realizations as your post articulates. I read it as I was still coming down, and wow, it felt like I was reading a transcript of my mind. Thanks for that, and good timing ;)

Edited by tuckerwphotography

9 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Ugh.. somewhere down the line, humans will perish. That’s a fact.

I don't think humans will perish per se, they will just transform themselves into something unrecognizable to today's humans. Sort of how dinosaurs transformed into birds.

7 hours ago, aurum said:

Would that not imply though that we have the wisdom to not cause our own extinction?

I don't know about wisdom, but we got plenty of selfishness to swing us full-circle.

Sometimes one is so foolish one stumbles into wisdom :D

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sort of how dinosaurs transformed into birds.

So a large percentage of us will die off? :|

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Meta-Man I only took 1 year of biology in college, but from the little amount I did learn, I feel that species is such a dodgy concept (I can't imagine what kind of conceptual breakdowns the professors have to deal with xD). It can mean so many different things when you zoom out and look across different taxonomies. so that list tells me very little. I just didn't vibe with zoological systematics in general. There are so many grey areas, weird exceptions and other peculiarities, and passing the course was essentially just about memorizing random details. Evolutionary theory was more my thing, much more intuitive and less random.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Leo Gura Yeah, we will likely continue to evolve until we become different races and beings, or even higher-dimensional beings and ultimately God in the timescale of the universe. 

However, I also think the difference between human conflict now, and human conflict in history is that the scale of catastrophic damage is far larger and growing exponentially. If in the next 100 years, we manage to figure out the unified field theory and reach a new technological leap. It's not impossible to have planet-killing weapons that could end humanity as we know it in an instant. But also, with the possibility of this kind of weapon and human extinction, we would also naturally develop responses/plans to counter it, like sending humans to Mars or other potentially habitable planets near us to continue humanity. It will just end for most of us if that did happen. But even if we did completely perish, our remains as life forms on this planet still have a good chance to travel to other planets and systems and then restart there. An asteroid could blast some parts of earth out into space carrying small lifeforms on it, and eventually, it lands on some planet, and the story resets. It wouldn't be the continuation of humanity, but it would be the continuation of a lifeform that we were a part of. 

Edited by erik8lrl

5 hours ago, erik8lrl said:

@tuckerwphotography You are me. It is a transcript of your mind in absolute sense. 

@erik8lrl I know. I’m just taking a moment to thank the Dream character in my movie :) That’s why I created us, right? To experience each other and to have this very dialogue. Beautiful!

Edited by tuckerwphotography