kieranperez

Rupert Spira on Sam Harris Podcast

297 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Is Sam Harris really a Materialist, or is 'Sam Harris, materialist' being imagined by you, God. Could he 'be' any other way than how you, God, imagine him to be? 

Does this comment occur, materially, anywhere other than 'within awareness'? 

If 'imaginary reality' is indistinguishable from 'real reality', does it matter which is happening?

Both. No.

No.

Reality is imaginary & really happening. Being illusory doesn’t imply it not being real, it just means that reality is not what it appears to be, hence the term “non duality”. It doesn’t matter which is happening, because there ain’t two to begin with. Your questions are seeking two, yet there is only one, only you, only I, only God, Namaste ??.

@Mannyb reality IS what it appears to be. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

9 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Mannyb reality IS what it appears to be. 

If by that you mean made of separate objects appearing to a subject, which is what it appears to be to all of us, then no. If you mean made of appearances (sensations, thoughts, perceptions within awareness), then yes ?. Namaste ?? 

Edited by Mannyb

4 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Mannyb yes, no.. doesn't matter. 

Care to explain? Because it would seem you have appropriated the non dual understanding as a belief. A quite common trap. Furthermore, why do you ask if just to reply as if you already know the answer?

Edited by Mannyb

@Nahm the map is not the territory.

The map 'within awareness' is just a map, and will never accurately describe 'the territory'. 

The limits of language. 

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Nothing’s within awareness.

Indeed, ultimately it is it.

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

@lmfao

It’s a bit bizarre to see that everything he’s said though out his career has been through the lens of materialism. Not that there’s anything wrong with it, but it’s rather revealing. Money, notoriety, prestige perhaps, yet never for the message, never in truth. Weird. 

Yeah I agree it definitely is a bit weird. He's been in monasteries and taken psychedelics. Funnily enough if it wasn't for Sam Harris I wouldn't have ever discovered meditation, and then discovered this world of non-duality. 

I have the temptation to over-read into Sam Harris' psychology, but there's no need. I think he simply is just that dense and committed to materialism. He's a funny idiosyncratic fellow for sure though 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

26 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Nahm the map is not the territory.

The map 'within awareness' is just a map, and will never accurately describe 'the territory'. 

The limits of language. 

Yes! Nothing’s within awareness. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Yes! Nothing’s within awareness. 

@Nahm And awareness is nothing.

Even though words are just pointers and can't convey Truth, how would you describe this? Everything IS Awareness, rather than 'within' Awareness?

@Chris365 reality is 'non dual' but can only be 'described' through 'duality'.  The map will never accurately describe the territory.

It's always now. 

11 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Chris365 reality is 'non dual' but can only be 'described' through 'duality'.  The map will never accurately describe the territory.

It's always now. 

And here. Infinity and eternity, appearing as space and time. Body / World and Mind. Sense perceptions and thoughts.

Edited by Mannyb

12 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

@Nahm And awareness is nothing.

Even though words are just pointers and can't convey Truth, how would you describe this? Everything IS Awareness, rather than 'within' Awareness?

There is no thing, only being aware of being aware.

Edited by Mannyb

5 hours ago, mandyjw said:

I was just being a pain in the ass. 

This forum has enough trouble makers. We most certainly don’t need more.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Sometimes the people who challenge and help me grow the most are also the biggest pains in the asses. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@How to be wise Sometimes the people who challenge and help me grow the most are also the biggest pains in the asses. 

Yes, getting triggered is God’s grace! 

42 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

This forum has enough trouble makers. We most certainly don’t need more.

I get annoyed by some things and users on this forum. And if you feel that way (or however you want to frame it), I think you should go about another way. Sometimes I'm scrolling and I see people or types of posts I dislike so I understand where you're coming from. 

Maybe you could fully write your thoughts about certain things and users on this forum? iirc you leave scattered one liners criticising people for being jokey but that's about it. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

3 hours ago, Mannyb said:

Care to explain? Because it would seem you have appropriated the non dual understanding as a belief. A quite common trap. Furthermore, why do you ask if just to reply as if you already know the answer?

I ask rhetorically. 

Why am I here talking to myself? I suppose because that's exactly what I/God wants to be doing.