kieranperez

Rupert Spira on Sam Harris Podcast

297 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, tsuki said:

This discussion is just stupid. ?‍♂️

1. When convincing someone, if you are arguing, then you are losing.
  2. If you are trying to convince someone of nonduality, then you are not getting it.

Illusion fighting illusion is how Awareness becomes self-aware, though :)

It boggles my mind that someone with non-dual realization could think like this. Goes to show that there isn't just one interpretation of the experience.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

No.  Nothingness, Infinity, and Consciousness are identical.  You need an awakening.  

Are they? And do I?

You're claiming that if all conscious being were wiped out of existence, then there would still be consciousness?

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Illusion fighting illusion is how awareness becomes self-aware, though :)

Fighting illusion perpetuates the belief that it's real...

Like endlessly running towards mirages of water in the desert

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Coldbrain This is so. I don't know if it could be logically proven but it becomes glaringly obvious when you have an enlightenment experience.

Just now, martins name said:

@Coldbrain This is so. I don't know if it could be logically proven but it becomes glaringly obvious when you have an enlightenment experience.

What is it?

9 minutes ago, Coldbrain said:

That's assuming that consciousness is all that there is. But you have no proof for that claim except your experience, which is infinitely limited compared to infinity. Infinity is not conscious or consciousness, it's emptyness.

Consciousness (capital C) = Infinity, Absolute, God, etc

consciousness (lower case c) = human experience 

10 minutes ago, Coldbrain said:

That's assuming that consciousness is all that there is. But you have no proof for that claim except your experience, which is infinitely limited compared to infinity. Infinity is not conscious or consciousness, it's emptyness.

what emptiness are you talking about and why would infinity be like that?

infinity is emptiness what does that even mean?

Is this not also an assumption from your part?

Infinity is infinity.

Infinity holds emptiness but emptiness is not total infinity obviously. 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Coldbrain Because when all thoughts are gone you realize that consciousness is all there is. So there couldn't be a reality without consciousness.

6 minutes ago, Coldbrain said:

You're claiming that if all conscious being were wiped out of existence, then there would still be consciousness?

I'm claiming that you can become directly conscious that you as God are dreaming up this entire material universe (small u) and everything in it - including "conscious" beings and including "yourself".  In truth beings don't have consciousness, Consciousness holds beings.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Natasha said:

Consciousness (capital C) = Infinity, Absolute, God, etc

consciousness (lower case c) = human experience 

I answered that confusion in my first post. You're just running around in circles trying to maintain "consciousness is everything" worldview. You're confusing your relative perspective with absolute truth.

3 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

what emptiness are you talking about and why would infinity be like that?

infinity is emptiness what does that even mean?

Is this not also an assumption from your part?

Infinity is infinity.

Infinity holds emptiness but emptiness is not total infinity obviously. 

Different labels for the one indescribable thing that doesn't even have qualities, and therefore can have any qualities.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I'm claiming that you can become directly conscious that you as God are dreaming up this entire material universe (small u) and everything in it - including "conscious" beings and including "yourself".  In truth beings don't have consciousness, Consciousness holds beings.

And emptiness holds consciousness and all beings within it. It makes a world of difference to equate the two.

On 05/02/2021 at 4:28 AM, kieranperez said:

This was too good not share...

Entertaining... to say the very least

This title alone pains me without even listening to it ?

Edited by Jacobsrw

8 minutes ago, martins name said:

@Coldbrain Because when all thoughts are gone you realize that consciousness is all there is. So there couldn't be a reality without consciousness.

So all history is a lie that didn't really exist? Isn't that solipsism?

30 minutes ago, Coldbrain said:

You're confusing your relative perspective with absolute truth

That's your interpretation based on semantics. I don't confuse anything, just trying to understand your perspective.

"The greatest obstacle to Discovery is not ignorance-  it's the illusion of knowledge"

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

How can you have integrated 'oneness' and still believe there is a separate thing called 'Sam Harris'? 

'finite minds' only exist when we don't know oneness. 

@Mason Riggle Your perspective is valid, and indeed is more conscious than materialists, but here's food for thought:

You are actually creating another duality by saying there's no separate thing called 'Sam Harris.'

You are implying that reality is one as opposed to not one. 

You are residing on the ground of non-duality, which is not what non-duality points to. 

Non-duality points to the groundless. 

"One" is still dualistic as is all language.

"One" is meant to point to that which is actually neither one nor not one. That which is beyond language.   

Reality is made of neither one mind nor many separate minds. 

This idea of "oneness" you're attached to could not exist without duality.

Both dependently arise with each other. 

Duality is oneness. 

A separate thing called 'Sam Harris' exists just as much as the one mind called God exists. 

Materialism is just as real as idealism.

Materialism is a paradigm that is limiting when it's the only paradigm you subscribe to. 

Once you exhaust both the materialist paradigm and the idealist paradigm, you'll reach a groundless ground that is both and neither.

On this groundless ground, you'll find it impossible to invalidate either paradigm, because both dependently arise to create the one ultimate Paradigm of reality.  

@Coldbrain The past is nothing more than a thought. Solipsism is half true in that there is no other. Solipsism is wrong in that there is no ego at the center of it.

10 minutes ago, martins name said:

@Coldbrain The past is nothing more than a thought. Solipsism is half true in that there is no other. Solipsism is wrong in that there is no ego at the center of it.

Nicely stated.  One could say its solipsism as God but at that point the definition has changed.  Why bother with trying to capture it with names of theories.  Why not just say it's God. :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Valwyndir Yes! That’s why it’s called non duality and not oneness. 

@Mason Riggle either you’re onto something, or you’re the confused one. If you really believe to have a more complete understanding than everyone on this forum, Rupert Spira, and other teachers, then why not start a different thread in which you could attempt to enlighten us? Or maybe you could make a video / write a book. Don’t tell us there’s no “you” who could do that since you’ve already been interacting and dragging this out for too long. Same for you @Coldbrain

Edited by Mannyb