Lyubov

Gamestop stock situation

333 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I think they'll most likely just crack down on Reddit.

I don't think so. I think they recognize the possibility of average people banding together and using the mega-wealthy's own medicine against them. And cracking down on Reddit simply won't address this issue at a deep enough level to secure the interests of the owner class. 

It's like cutting off one of the heads of a Hydra. Crack down on Reddit and a thousand other anonymous communities like it will pop up JUST for the purpose of playing this game.

And now that this is a well-known phenomena TONS of people will be interested in doing it.

So, there will absolutely need to be legislation passed if the goal is to protect the money and power of the owner class... which it is. This will happen fast.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

om6hojsSpb8.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

65gurzc93xd61.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This whole situation is a pointless red herring. It will solve nothing.

I don't even want to waste my mental energy thinking about this tempest in a teapot.

Yeah that Hasan video was a little immature. In retrospect I think I actually see your point. Ultimately to solve wealth-inequality, we need lawmakers pushing policies at the government level, like the 10-million wealth cap you mentioned somewhere. Playing these silly games won't get us anywhere, as the regulators will eventually sweep in and everything goes back to status quo. Even worse is when the hedge funds themselves start playing these games, could turn ugly I suppose.

Release me.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I have no idea what you fucking thought, but most progressives seem to be cheering on the Redditors.

Like this:

My apologies, you said to me 'your thinking' so you could understand why I might have got the impression you did have an idea.... my mistake.

My view of it is like if the worst team of the best league in the world  got beat by a bunch of rec league guys one time and it was an entertaining game to watch...

Although I have to add it seems that the deterrent on market shorting this provides may help curb some predatory behavior.

Edited by SOUL

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't even want to waste my mental energy thinking about this tempest in a teapot.

My thinking exactly yet here we both are.....

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you are cheering on the Redditors, then you think they are doing something good against the elites who do something wrong.

Don't play word games with me.

Of course, the elites have unconsciously created the very system which rewards unconscious business like this. Who doesn't love the big bully getting a punch back, no matter how tiny?

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have no idea what you fucking thought, but most progressives seem to be cheering on the Redditors.

Like this:

I don’t understand your sentiment. Are you just opposed across the board to any tomfoolery and consider yourself above it? You don’t think this is serving any value to the advancement of development to a more fair stock market?

I feel exactly the same way. This is just a tempest in a teapot. Nothing much is going to happen except some commotion on reddit and news 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Leo Gura
So, do you think that there is absolutely no value in the attention this creates, in order to change the rules of the game? Or that the negative it creates outweighs the positive? How does change happen without attention? This is essentially saying that there needs to be no "marketing" for changes to take place. Sounds naive to me.

I might be wrong, but perhaps a little ruckus is needed at this stage, perhaps it is even absolutely necessary.

Could you clarify. There is possibly a lot to learn here for everyone.

1 hour ago, Emerald said:

So, there will absolutely need to be legislation passed if the goal is to protect the money and power of the owner class... which it is. This will happen fast.

This one sounds like a good legislation  :D:D

Edited by Jennjenn

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

Eat the rich.

but conservatives are not ready for that conversation 

The whole thing just strikes me a juvenile.

- - - - -

5 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

65gurzc93xd61.jpg

If the hedge funds were wrong, were they not punished by the market for being wrong about a stock? Anyone shorting Tesla must have lost a ton of money. So what more punishment do they need?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, TK2021 said:

So, do you think that there is absolutely no value in the attention this creates, in order to change the rules of the game? Or that the negative it creates outweighs the positive? How does change happen without attention? This is essentially saying that there needs to be no "marketing" for changes to take place. Sounds naive to me.

I doubt this will create the change you want.

I see this as a sort of virtual riot. And while I understand why people riot and how Wall Street maybe deserves some riots, I'm not really supportive of riots because they are unconscious and get out of control.

In general, I am wary of stage Green mob activities. Although I understand why they happen and perhaps they are necessary in some cases. But they can easily get out of hand. I can't be optimistic about mobs of angry people doing stuff out of spite.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Robinhood is banning traders from buying more stocks from GameStop, amc and others today. 
This is their message this morning... 

493051E3-23AF-4827-8205-988AADA9581D.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Jennjenn said:

Robinhood is banning traders from buying more stocks from GameStop, amc and others today. 

seems kinda shitty idk

14 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

seems kinda shitty idk

Very shitty. They’re going against the small investors. They have officially sided with the hedge funds. 

47 minutes ago, Jennjenn said:

And that’s not influencing the “free” market???

They deserve what is happening.

That’s what you say @Leo Gura that it will come back and bit them in the ass. 

It’s happening and it’s biting Wall Street thieves asses!!

?