Intraplanetary

Do higher ego developmental stages indicate that you have your shit together?

60 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

Can a person be construct-aware/unitive but can’t get his/her shit together in other areas of life?

In a ego-mind transcended stage,  well you don't have a mind to think about "other areas of life" that doesn't mean you become stupid, no, your mind simply will be transcended!  Survival is also only belongs to ego-mind, so in spiritual path, that you'd surrender ego as you progress, you care less and less care about worldy stuff  and more and more loving and peaceful!

Edited by m0hsen

1 hour ago, Intraplanetary said:

[D]o you think that not having sex AND not needing it still create problems?

If you don't need sex, then what's the problem?  Transcending survival needs doesn't mean ditching them. It just means that they aren't top priority anymore. Or put better, survival needs become more automatic - they aren't a struggle to fulfill. :)

1 hour ago, Intraplanetary said:

Let's say someone wants sex, hence goes to fulfil his ego desire but he has no need for a relationship and maybe never had one. Does this make a person somehow undeveloped? Lopsided?

Well, having sex is a part of life that we have the freedom to partake in. So looking at it holistically, yes, you're lopsided even if you claim you don't need it. (And being lopsided isn't necessarily a bad thing; it's just that you're missing a part of the puzzle if you want the most WHOLE understanding.) But as I say this, I have a friend who is asexual, so she really doesn't need to worry about that dimension. There are always edge cases with these things ;)

Edited by WonderSeeker

32 minutes ago, WonderSeeker said:

Well, having sex is a part of life that we have the freedom to partake in. So looking at it holistically, yes, you're lopsided even if you claim you don't need it. (And being lopsided isn't necessarily a bad thing; it's just that you're missing a part of the puzzle if you want the most WHOLE understanding.) But as I say this, I have a friend who is asexual, so she really doesn't need to worry about that dimension. There are always edge cases with these things ;)

There is no individual, who is having sex, you are the sex itself, as love. Therefore there is no sex or love, it is you. No self is being nothing therefore everything. 

However, before enlightenment because of belief of “I” is exist, sex can take a part as ego. But after enlightenment everything is you. Because you are nothing. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I would say I'm centered around 5 & 5/6.

I absolutely do not have my shit together. Compared to others within my age group I'm seriously behind. And I have mental health issues. In fact, they have been a very helpful catalyst to "get here".

The thing is, "having my shit together" starts to lose/change it's meaning at some point. I really don't give much of a fuck about my finances, for example. What I want is actual fulfillment and connection to life & reality. For me, success means real fulfillment, wisdom & love. Material wellbeing just doesn't show up in my mind very often. This is propably partly due to the fact that I'm living in a society where you will be taken care of whatever happens, so there is no fear of being left to survive on the streets. It's safe to focus on the higher needs.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@roopepa Fulfillment often means some form of achievement, the exercise of skill which first has to be acquired. Wisdom comes automatically. Love you may have to work at getting it right. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

7 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

Of course. But we're talking about ego development here.

Cool. ?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

13 hours ago, roopepa said:

And I have mental health issues. In fact, they have been a very helpful catalyst to "get here".

I can relate a lot. I wouldn't be on a spiritual journey if it wasn't for suffering. Classical.

softly into the Abyss...

12 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

@James123 Of course. But we're talking about ego development here.

In higher stages you are not ego developing, you are ego surrendering ;) when you know you need to be in spiritual path, you are already developed enough.

Edited by m0hsen

17 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

In higher stages you are not ego developing, you are ego surrendering

Exactly. And my main concern -  can I surrender my ego before having developed all the aspects of lower stages as those models describe...

Perhaps, it depends

softly into the Abyss...

21 hours ago, tsuki said:

No worries, this will come around when you go deeply enough.

Thank you, I needed this ❤️

softly into the Abyss...

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Intraplanetary

Take a deep breath or two and relax. Don’t think relaxation, feel it. Sink into gravity. Feel every inch of your body let go, and sink. Neck loosens, shoulders drop, hands loosen, every muscle lets go, etc. Actual Relaxation. 

Can you name something else which has the property of being aware?  Anything at all? 

Great pointers bro ?

22 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

Don’t your open loving heart and clear mind kill the drive for money, competition and motivation to live in today's society? And without those, isn't quite hard to adapt…?

I'd say you can't create something remarkable unless you have open loving heart and clear mind. If you do things out of loving, life takes care of you by itself. Worry not.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

32 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

Exactly. And my main concern -  can I surrender my ego before having developed all the aspects of lower stages as those models describe...

Perhaps, it depends

Ego, is just bunch of thoughts, don't worry about it too much! Do you really experience anything other than thoughts which are called ego? To me having those concerns is something you don't want to have really, because you give power to something which doesn't exist actually by thinking and worrying about it too much, are you peaceful and calm person in general? Or can any meditation bring some peace of mind to you? If so then don't you worry about anything about ego, every thing will be fine as you progress in this path :)

Edited by m0hsen

4 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

Ego, is just bunch of thoughts, don't worry about it too much! Do you really experience anything other than thoughts which are called ego? To me having those concerns is something you don't want to have really, because you give power to something which doesn't exist actually by thinking and worrying about it too much, are you peaceful and calm person in general? Or can any meditation bring some peace of mind to you? If so then don't you worry about anything about ego, every thing will be fine :)

You're right saying that I worry too much. But I feel this pull inside that I need to do something but at the same time, I'm not sure what to do. And I'm trying to take my time but my ego says no no time anymore you're 29 and have nothing to show off. 

Thank you for your kind words ❤️

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

8 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

you're 29 and have nothing to show off. 

Imagine you are 80, on on your deathbed, in your home. Waiting for your time.
Would you honestly think that you regret not having worked more, having accomplishments that you can show off with?

I mean seriously. Do this right now. Do this visualization and see what you think in the face of death.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

In a way, the whole process of spiritual development is a kind of marinading of the mind in the sauces of various traditions. As long as you keep gradually absorbing the material, you will reach various stages where you have the opportunity to let go of the junk we accumulate, everything from emotional blockages to our inner certainties. The letting go is important.

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

6 hours ago, James123 said:

Cool. ?

???

@allislove ?? 

Construct aware = you’re getting the joke, no longer taking “a yourself” seriously (there isn’t a “self”), aka non-body-mind-thought attachment, non-fear-of-“death-thought”. (Total opposite direction! There’s no “construct”!) 

The “ego” is the “construct”, for as long as you believe & insist you require constriction. Aka, “believing you are thinking”... about “your self”... is the set up. Awareness is the punchline, the release, the relief, the joy, the clarity, the how-could-this-have-been-missed truth...and the burdens of righteousness are surrendered intrinsically (were never held to begin with).  

Understanding is the greatest illusion”

- Buddha

The motivation of the “ego” will never be the inspiration of God. Thinking will never be feeling. 

Try try try! xD Never land will never be “earth”. 

Fly fly fly! As the angel you are. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, allislove said:

If you do things out of loving, life takes care of you by itself. Worry not.

It's hard for me to express how much these words mean to me.

It's like talking to myself

Love you ❤️

softly into the Abyss...

v

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...