Intraplanetary

Do higher ego developmental stages indicate that you have your shit together?

60 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Understanding is the greatest illusion”

- Buddha

mindfuck o.O

softly into the Abyss...

45 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Imagine you are 80, on on your deathbed, in your home. Waiting for your time.
Would you honestly think that you regret not having worked more, having accomplishments that you can show off with?

I mean seriously. Do this right now. Do this visualization and see what you think in the face of death.

Thank you! That's one huge perspective I've been missing. I need to zoom out more and see the bigger picture. 

softly into the Abyss...

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

Ego, is just bunch of thoughts, don't worry about it too much! Do you really experience anything other than thoughts which are called ego? To me having those concerns is something you don't want to have really, because you give power to something which doesn't exist actually by thinking and worrying about it too much

You know, I get what you're saying. I've been conditioned my whole life (as many of us) that this is the way society works and we need to adapt and be rational and go to uni, find an office job and that's basically it. Mission accomplished. 

What I haven't been seeing that this is another story of the ego and its beliefs.

I've never stopped and asked myself - What do you really want to do in life? What's my Heart's desire? 

And perhaps I feel rush and need to know and understand because my ego wants certainty and its worried about its survival and fitting in. 

What if I let go of this part of my past as well? All the expectations and rules and beliefs about how to live life. Just by thinking about it, I feel more spacious and more courageous to entertain the idea about choosing my own, unique way.

softly into the Abyss...

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You’re not a Karen, Brenda

VID-20210126-WA0002.gif

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, Intraplanetary said:

But I feel this pull inside that I need to do something but at the same time, I'm not sure what to do. And I'm trying to take my time but my ego says no no time anymore you're 29 and have nothing to show off. 

On 25/01/2021 at 3:11 PM, Intraplanetary said:

the more I grow spiritually the more I become disinterested with the realities of the society and most of the people

I've been feeling the exact same way lately, just didn't know how to put it into words. 

I have no drive for becoming this really successful career person and making a shit ton of money.  I could be wrong, but I think being female has something to do with it, we aren't wired for career in the way men are.  Of course there are many successful women out there, and many women have the drive for that.  But I feel like that's not me.  still a lot of it has to do with upbringing though, and if you grew up with some sense of direction and had a strong role model for guidance.. 

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

”Understanding is the greatest illusion”

- Buddha

Thanks, I hate it.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

Awareness is the punchline, the release, the relief, the joy, the clarity, the how-could-this-have-been-missed truth...and the burdens of righteousness are surrendered intrinsically

For so long he thought that it is the truth that the righteous chooses, no matter how he feels. Little did he know that the truth could be in the feeling.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

4 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

You know, I get what you're saying. I've been conditioned my whole life (as many of us) that this is the way society works and we need to adapt and be rational and go to uni, find an office job and that's basically it. Mission accomplished. 

What I haven't been seeing that this is another story of the ego and its beliefs.

I've never stopped and asked myself - What do you really want to do in life? What's my Heart's desire? 

And perhaps I feel rush and need to know and understand because my ego wants certainty and its worried about its survival and fitting in. 

What if I let go of this part of my past as well? All the expectations and rules and beliefs about how to live life. Just by thinking about it, I feel more spacious and more courageous to entertain the idea about choosing my own, unique way.

IMO There's no limits on how stupid and insane society can get, you step away from it, find your home in your heart, listen to your heart, think with your heart, and let the Love blossom you on a most beautiful and unique way possible ❤️??

Edited by m0hsen

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

IMO There's no limits on how stupid and insane society can get, you step away from it, find your home in your heart, listen to your heart, think with your heart, and let the Love blossom you on a most beautiful and unique way possible ❤️??

bless u ??❤️

softly into the Abyss...

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

Understanding is the greatest illusion”

- Buddha

Fantastic. Just borrowed it?❤️

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

On 1/25/2021 at 9:24 AM, Preety_India said:

This happened to me. The more I got spiritual the more I lost interest in materialistic physical lifestyle. 

I guess it's the natural progression of spirituality and it had to be this way and no other because it wouldn't make sense if spirituality also accommodated materialistic needs, because then it wouldn't really make much of a difference in overall perspective. 

It won't look like a path but more like an accompaniment to life. 

But since it's supposed to be unique and a journey, a path, by the nature of the divine universe it makes perfect sense why spirituality should move us away from a non spiritual materialistic life. 

The key would be balance. I mean that's what I do now. I tried to be minimal with my materialistic needs like Job and money but I want more of spirituality because that feels right. 

I don't feel like I'm missing out because this is my goal, this is what I wanted so no regrets 

I also compare it to the idea of peace and war. Let's say I want peace. Would I want war in that case? Nope. Which means if I want peace, I should no longer be invested in war, because I can't have both. 

13,874 posts and this is your understanding?  It looks as if you are just wandering around aimlessly.  In your thinking, you have made a distinction between material needs and spirituality.  Tending to non imaginary physical needs is spiritual.  What ought to be of concern to you is whether or not you are identified.  I would bet almost anything right now, that you are the words on the screen.

Edited by uronlydreaming

On 1/26/2021 at 4:23 PM, James123 said:

Fantastic. Just borrowed it?❤️

It's just a quote.  What makes you think you understand it?

@uronlydreaming please don't make it personal. My post count has nothing to do with it. Don't put it in personal stuff or talk disparagingly. Be polite. And yes that's my experience all along and I perfectly believe in separate material and spiritual paths. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 1/29/2021 at 3:15 AM, Preety_India said:

@uronlydreaming please don't make it personal. My post count has nothing to do with it. Don't put it in personal stuff or talk disparagingly. Be polite. And yes that's my experience all along and I perfectly believe in separate material and spiritual paths. 

Well, you believe it.  That's nice.  And your post count, it's indicative of how much chatter there's been and can be measured against what you've come to understand.  At the last exchange, it was just someone believing something and not offering anything up for sacrifice so the new could enter.