BartekD

What is creativity ?

21 posts in this topic

What is creativity ? How can one tap into a creative state ?

Creativity arises from Consciousness. The more Conscious I am, the more creativity I channel. All true artists are one with Consciousness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@bensenbiz Great talks, thank you for the resource. I like his view that a creative individual is in a constant state of rebellion, reminded me of Krishnamurti's perspective of being in a state of constant revolt 

@Moksha I love this 

Following your intuition to detect beauty and using reason to organize it. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@BartekD

Experience the perception & sensation of wiggling your fingers. Then explain how you perform such a miracle.  When it is inevitably humbly realized there is no actual explanation at all, that it is pure spontaneous unexplainable ‘magic’ (and the explanations are just thoughts arising)...that wiggly thingy is recognized as what the words perception, or perhaps, ‘creator-creation-creating’ point to. If you like, reply. As you do, type one letter and pause for a few seconds, then the next letter and so on. How are you moving those fingers as you type?  Rather than seeking a special creative state, perhaps magic was already previously overlooked. Now try to not be creator-creation-creating. (Good luck ‘not being’ :) )

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

when there is creativity, there is no one to be creative. You are creativity. The one who wants to be creative is the only thing possibly blocking a channelling of your own creativityness. Or it can amplify it, in certain contexts. Either way, the block doesn't actually exist. In a way, that block itself is creative. In creativity, there is only creativity. And its not a person. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Nahm You always blow my mind, I just had what leo described in his video as a mind-**** there is no way to explain the wiggling. I have been intuitively doing this for quite a while now during my movement practice. You have a great way of putting this experience into words and I can see it from a new perspective. Thank you.

@seeking_brilliance

45 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

In a way, that block itself is creative. 

hahaha, this is brilliant ! 

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

when there is creativity, there is no one to be creative. You are creativity. The one who wants to be creative is the only thing possibly blocking a channelling of your own creativityness. Or it can amplify it, in certain contexts. Either way, the block doesn't actually exist. In a way, that block itself is creative. In creativity, there is only creativity. And its not a person. 

Beautifully written, J. 9_9

"The Heart is an artist, and you are its masterpiece." 

1 hour ago, SirVladimir said:

"The Heart is an artist, and you are its masterpiece." 

Ima work real hard not to steal that for my signature ?

8 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Ima work real hard not to steal that for my signature ?

Bold of you to assume I haven't stolen it in the first place. ?

Sleeping At Last's original verse in the song I’ll Keep You Safe goes as, "You are an artist, and your heart is your masterpiece.”

Their compositions come with among the most penetrating & beautiful lyrics, imo.

7 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Bold of you to assume I haven't stolen it in the first place. ?

Sleeping At Last's original verse in the song I’ll Keep You Safe goes as, "You are an artist, and your heart is your masterpiece.”

Their compositions come with among the most penetrating & beautiful lyrics, imo.

Oh! Honestly I thought you were being clever with my current signature. Ok consider it restolen. And I will check out the band. 

@seeking_brilliance Pay heed to their lyrics... I am prone to being overwhelmed by their songs every time. My favorite are North, Saturn, Sun, Four, Daughter, and Bad Blood. 

Edited by SirVladimir

Creativity is getting out of your own way, surrendering your fear-based resistance, and allowing God to work through you.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

33 minutes ago, Adam M said:

Creativity is getting out of your own way, surrendering your fear-based resistance, and allowing God to work through you.

Spot on. :x

@seeking_brilliance Yep. Pure art. 

Bashar's definition of creativity:

Creativity is the act itself

of manifesting your imagination

into physical reality!