nistake

Try not to judge game

17 posts in this topic

I've been playing this sort of "game" that I watch a random youtube video (possibly a 'cringey' one) and I observe my reactions to it. Sometimes I judge instantly without being aware of it and sometimes I can bypass this knee-jerk reaction and I try to actually understand what's going on.

I'll start, this is a great example:

If you saw this girl on the street, it'd be so easy to judge. But as soon as you start watching the video, you'll realize that she's actually an intelligent person and nothing wrong with her. That's just her decision and that's it.

Now this video is easy because you get the full backstory and context from her, but I'm curious what kind of other examples we can gather.

Well I guess this one will be easy for most of us here

Great technique.

Unfortunately people have to ruin this thread with ridiculous comments, but I feel what you're saying.

I think I might judge full body tattooing until the day I die. I don't understand and it does bother me that I don't understand it... 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I think I might judge full body tattooing until the day I die. I don't understand and it does bother me that I don't understand it... 

Maybe it´s because you sceretly wish a tatoo for yourself? Why not to make a beautiful one on the source of your intuition?:)

I judge the dog owners. :P Why do they bring these terrible beasts with big teeth and course voice into proximity of peolple, especialy the peaceful ones like me? The dogs are for me the very ifea of aggression. Aggression for the sake of aggression. 

Oh man there are so many examples of this context. Personally I have lots of work to do with having enough courage and self love to really accept others.

29 minutes ago, Hulia said:

Maybe it´s because you sceretly wish a tatoo for yourself? Why not to make a beautiful one on the source of your intuition?:)

I judge the dog owners. :P Why do they bring these terrible beasts with big teeth and course voice into proximity of peolple, especialy the peaceful ones like me? The dogs are for me the very ifea of aggression. Aggression for the sake of aggression. 

That's an awesome idea... Hmm I wonder what I would pick as a representation ?

@Swarnim Uh, that's a good one :D

@seeking_brilliance Well, then it's a great opportunity for you to contemplate this. I could hardly accept the full body tattoos, but watching the video I posted helped me a little bit, I think.

@Hulia Yeah, that's a good question. Dog owners should be responsible with their dogs, especially if they're aggressive (I know, I know, another judgement...)

@Value That's why we're here!

feeling real tempted to post a sv3rige video herexD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@nistake ok fine, I don't really judge her in the way that I think she's a lesser of a person.  I think for one thing I wouldn't want to look right at her so I definitely wouldnt find myself in her presence, except by chance. Again, I don't think she's lesser of a person, or dumb, I just do not resonate with it at all. If she asked for help, I would of course.