Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandon Nankivell

Why don't we all quit meditation and just take psychedelics?

35 posts in this topic

It's a common thread in Leo's videos and posts around the forum that psychedelics can accelerate your spiritual growth. It's also true in my experience and that of many others. It seems to be the consensus here that psychedelics are an accelerant on the spiritual path.

It's pretty damn rare to swallow 300+ug of LSD, 5g of Mushrooms, a solid hit of 5-MeO-DMT etc and not have an absolutely profound experience. And if you do this multiple times and vary the dose, substance, setting etc. I assert that it's going to be pretty damn hard to not move further along the spiritual path.

So with that said:

Could one not simplify the externals in their life as much as possible, and then take psychedelics on a highly consistent basis for say ~3 years instead of meditating for 3-30 years?

Could taking psychedelics consistently, alter brain chemistry enough to leave it in a state without psychedelics, such that the brain remains in a state that allows the highest level(s) of consciousness to prosper?

Perhaps tolerance would be the roadblock? What if you constantly switched the substances and left days in between?

My basic understanding of Egyptians and their history is that the Pyramids were designed to encourage altered-states of consciousness. Sage, aromas, darkness, space in a room, acoustics etc. Perhaps environmental manipulation + psychedelics + a little bitta' self-enquiry may be worth taking more seriously than sitting under a tree like Buddha?

Most apparently enlightened beings will say there is no one path, regardless still curious about your inputs on this.

Why not just quit the gym and take steroids laying on your bed eating pizza and playing League of Legends?

Why don't you try that first and then report your experience back to us?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Psychedelics are not going to reliably raise your baseline level of consciousness. You can't live in a never-ending psychedelic high.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If you don't like meditation just don't do it.

Meditation is not intended per se to awaken. But rather to maintain a state of consciousness imo

It's like Psychedelics are the spark, and meditation is the fuel

32 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

Why not just quit the gym and take steroids laying on your bed eating pizza and playing League of Legends?

That would actually work lmao. But it's good as a metaphor.

37 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

That would actually work lmao. But it's good as a metaphor.

No, it wouldn't.

Yes, you can gain some (small amount of) muscle by doing nothing and taking steroids, but it will be low-quality and extremely flimsy, meaning that you will lose all of it as soon as you stop + all the side effects from steroids use, which makes a perfect metaphor.

In any electronic music festival, you will find hundreds, if not thousands of heavy psychedelic users, but most are still pretty neurotic, anxious, petty, etc.

Edited by Recursoinominado

5 hours ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

It's pretty damn rare to swallow 300+ug of LSD, 5g of Mushrooms, a solid hit of 5-MeO-DMT etc and not have an absolutely profound experience.

Profound experiences may be confusing and be the obstacle towards a self realization. Psychedelics is amazing tool for rising open-mindedness. Meditation practice is amazing tool for letting go.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelics are not going to reliably raise your baseline level of consciousness. You can't live in a never-ending psychedelic high.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

they aren't for everyone

What has you believe they aren't for everyone out of interest?

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

No, it wouldn't.

Yes, you can gain some (small amount of) muscle by doing nothing and taking steroids, but it will be low-quality and extremely flimsy, meaning that you will lose all of it as soon as you stop + all the side effects from steroids use, which makes a perfect metaphor.

In any electronic music festival, you will find hundreds, if not thousands of heavy psychedelic users, but most are still pretty neurotic, anxious, petty, etc.

Not true. You will gain more muscle than a natural lifter on a well written program if you take steroids and don't do anything. It has already been proven. The study is all over the internet if you bother to look.

Of course you'd gain even more if you combined both steroids and correct training. 

1 minute ago, Michal__ said:

Not true. You will gain more muscle than a natural lifter on a well written program if you take steroids and don't do anything. It has already been proven. The study is all over the internet if you bother to look.

Of course you'd gain even more if you combined both steroids and correct training. 

Did even read my post?

9 minutes ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

What has you believe they aren't for everyone out of interest?

people who are mentally unstable and ignorant about how to use them and end up causing harm to themselves in some dangerous setting 

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

Did even read my post?

Yes.

My point still stands - psychadelics don't compare well with steroids.

Just now, Recursoinominado said:

You meant Dota 2... right???????????? 

17 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Yes.

My point still stands - psychadelics don't compare well with steroids.

If you did read my post:

1. You are on drugs right now.

2. You can't understand what you read.

3. All the above.

Echkart Tolle says that if awareness is your permenant state(in other words enlightened) you can get drunk on alcohol and nothing will happen to your level of awareness. But if you're still not established firmly awareness and you get drunk once in 1-2weeks it will considerably put you back in your progress of rising awareness. I wonder if it applies to psychedelics the same way. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

4 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Echkart Tolle says that if awareness is your permenant state(in other words enlightened) you can get drunk on alcohol and nothing will happen to your level of awareness. But if you're still not established firmly awareness and you get drunk once in 1-2weeks it will considerably put you back in your progress of rising awareness. I wonder if it applies to psychedelics the same way. 

Duuuude! Nothing more seductive than the forbidden fruit. Now I want to try alcohol to test my awareness.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey