RichnNL

The biggest enlightenment trap!

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys I love this forum and there is some really good content here. I come across often many many posts where it seems to me that the person is trying to pursue enlightenment and higher stages of consciousness and I have to say this in itself is a huge trap for a vast majority of people. Leo has said it himself many many times for the vast majority of people get your life together.

Enlightenment or high level consciousness is not like reaching level 100 like an RGP character. It will not solve your material problems, or the material pain that you are in. If anything its the realisation that your problems don't exist. You cannot reach high level of consciousness as an identity ( I am an enlightened person, or I am a super conscious person named Bob) and the tricky thing is its really really difficult to know that you are doing this.

I often see people trying to skip stages like you have heard from a math professor that all numbers are bullshit and your using his message something he discovered have years and years of doing maths, but you have done basic maths and are skipping calculus not doing the proofs, there is value in taking the courses and doing the work even though you know that its all bullshit in the end you will not really get it without doing the math.

Make sure you have materialism down because it is really important and crucial. Here is a small check list.

• Know your career path and are pursing it
    • you've got your money situation where you want it/or are on the path
  • Have a good understanding of relationships and social skills
    • social network
    • you can attract the opposite sex
    • you indirect unspoken social cues
    • people generally like you
    • you are ok with people not liking you
  • your health
    • huge percentage of people don't get enough vitamin D for example
    • being overweight has huge impacts on your life
    • you dont drink or smoke too much, (same goes for weed smokers and no it doesn't not improve your life or make you a better person)
  • mental health
    • if you are not depressed (you feel like you are a victim or that you are losing in life)
    • you can sit down alone for long period of time doing nothing no entertainment without feeling horrible
    • your base state is not anger, boredom, anxiousness, sadness, emptiness
  • you know who are as an ego
    • does your mind manipulate/motivate you more so by emotions or logic
    • are you too busy living in your head and need to live out in the real world or the opposite.
    • where do you go when you are in a low state and what are you gonna do about it
    • what teams do you belong to and how has this influenced your thinking? Are you team science? Team middle class white collar? Team man? team woman? Are you denial that your even on any team?
    • Not are you deceived but what the ways your mind deceives you what excuses does do. (Does it say this is the last time! I swear!, or does it go on the attack)
    • What are your minds methods it uses so that you don't have to change, when someone says hey here is something you should be doing, does your mind just forget, or does it go into scepticism, does it go on the attack?
  • skills
    • can you plan to do A B C and D and actually achieve at least A and B?
    • can you focus and do things that are not simulating with passion?
    • do you actually have skills that offer tangible value to society?

I am not saying Leos current content is useless it is very practical, just I would spend most of my time on the stuff above and ponder while your pursing the things above. And if you are young also consider that your brain hasn't even really matured until your 25 for me around the age of 26 it was huge shift for me.

Also with spiritual work just have a good base understanding of just text book physics and biology and maths and all that stuff before saying it doesn't exist. I does and doesn't exist at the end of the day its not contradictory is it a dream but just understand the dream within the rules of the dream first!

Do others agree with me here? Also with the levels/stage thing I feel like this has kind of backfired a bit. Even though Leo has said it a million times in his spiral dynamic episodes and 9 stage of ego development. People still think of themselves as Pokemon and are trying to evolve to level 3. I think this is a language problem the terms levels/stages are screwing things up in a sense it is a good term for it but the associations we have with terms like "higher level" is the main issue I think.

Edited by RichnNL

are you saying people should climb/fix those material/relationship/career etc. steps before they do consciousness work.

or are you saying they can do it simultaneously, it's just important to not forget about those other "steps" while working on consciousness etc.?

There's two ways of going with this, and I don't think either is universally right or wrong.

A 'spiritual bypass' can be an attempt at an individual evading social/career/etc. issues and will often fail.

OR, worrying about worldly success can be a complete waste of time since it will never bring the lasting fulfilment of realising the Self.

Spiritual teachers usually emphasise realisation of the Self above all else. For example, Eckhart Tolle has said that 'the world cannot give you anything of lasting value', while Ramana Maharshi said, 'what is not permanent is not worth striving for'.

Keep in mind that enlightenment is not just the cherry on top of all your career and relationship conquests. It's not just another trophy to boast about. Thinking otherwise is an enlightenment trap in itself.

@RichnNL yes, I kind of agree that stuffing your mind full of spiritual concepts and so on can be a form of avoiding your "problems". 

I think it's important to work on your "material life", without forgetting that nothing is permanent and you have to be careful not to get lost in the rat race pursuing material achievments that will only distract you from the inner void. 

6 hours ago, RichnNL said:

doesn't not improve your life

You don't know what you are talking about.

You are projecting

You forgot on that list: You don't project your own BS on other people

The biggest trap is 'seeking' enlightenment. The Truth is never found or can be achieved, it is only discovered that it always was and is here and now, eternally. Simply make the choice and let go entirely, and allow the natural unfoldment to take its course, until then, enjoy your life.

@PurpleTree

10 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

are you saying people should climb/fix those material/relationship/career etc. steps before they do consciousness work.

or are you saying they can do it simultaneously, it's just important to not forget about those other "steps" while working on consciousness etc.?

I am saying definitely do them simultaneously, but lets say 95% material/baseline when your life you are struggling through life and then as your life is together then far more time can go towards conscious work like as much time as possible getting lost in the material yet another trap.

3 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

You don't know what you are talking about.

You are projecting

You forgot on that list: You don't project your own BS on other people

I didn't mean it in an absolute sense more so in degrees. I mean it more so in terms of investing your time and energies just like money if you have no time and no money after your bills its a much smarter move for that person to just work on getting a better job rather than learn that money is just a made up concept of the mind etc, advanced concept about money in this finance analogy are much more value when you are not struggling with it and you understand how it works at a base level.

Omg.

12 hours ago, RichnNL said:

Do others agree with me here?

No I don't agree.

Countless people with bad lives have became enlightened.

Edited by Blackhawk

Been there, done that. Good advice. 

On 28.12.2020 г. at 2:15 AM, Blackhawk said:

Countless people with bad lives have became enlightened.

And countless more have not.

@RichnNL Definitely agree, although I would say it can be done simultaneously & your awakenings / consciousness work will naturally integrate into all areas of your life, so a good baseline can be useful before choosing a career or partner for example. 

I would also say do BOTH, live the life you love AND Love the life you live. 

It's not an either / or situation. 

As @Nahm always talks about, we consciously create our reality, so why not create the life of your dreams? After all, it is a celebration!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi