The Don

Superhumans: The remarkable brain waves of high-level meditators

24 posts in this topic

I would like to open up an interesting subject about meditation.

How many of you are meditating on a daily basis? I'm asking because I want to know if any of you does it continuously for hours, every single day.

My objective is to access the GAMMA brain wave; to be non-stop in this wave. That's why I'm trying to be present all the time.

But it doesn't stop there. It's not enough to be present. You just need to force yourself to focus on being present.

In other words, you have to struggle to amplify your concentration levels exponentially or as much as possible.

Take a look at this short video and let me know what you think.

You might read the video transcript as well:

Perhaps the most remarkable findings in the Olympic level meditators have to do with what’s called a gamma wave. All of us get gamma for a very short period when we solve a problem we’ve been grappling with, even if it’s something that’s vexed us for months. We get about half second of gamma; it’s the strongest wave in the EEG spectrum. We get it when we bite into an apple or imagine biting into an apple, and for a brief period, a split-second, inputs from the taste, sound, smell, vision, all of that come together in that imagined bite into the apple. But that lasts a very short period in an ordinary EEG.

What was stunning was that the Olympic level meditators, these are people who have done up to 62,000 lifetime hours of meditation, their brainwave shows gamma very strong all the time as a lasting trait, no matter what they’re doing. It’s not a state effect, it’s not during their meditation alone, but it’s just their everyday state of mind. We actually have no idea what that means experientially. Science has never seen it before.

We also find that in these Olympic level meditators when we asked them, for example, to do a meditation on compassion their level of gamma jumps 700 to 800 percent in a few seconds. This has also never been seen by science. So we have to assume that the special state of consciousness that you see in the highest level meditators is a lot like something described in the classical meditation literature centuries ago, which is that there is a state of being which is not like our ordinary state. Sometimes it’s called liberation, enlightenment, awake, whatever the word may be we suspect there’s really no vocabulary that captures what that might be. The people that we’ve talked to in this Olympic level group say it’s very spacious and you’re wide open, you’re prepared for whatever may come, we just don’t know. But we do know it’s quite remarkable.

Just out of curiosity, how does it feel to be in a gamma wave state? Is it like a shot of heroin?

Edited by The Don
To remove two empty rows.

Me on the road less traveled.

Forcing actually causes an increased risk of disconnection, while using my bluetooth headphones!...

;)

9 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

@The Don You cannot force being present.The only forcing is recongnition of presence already

8 hours ago, Egzoset said:

Forcing actually causes an increased risk of disconnection, while using my bluetooth headphones!...

Guys, I have to force myself to be present because my own mind is wandering all the time. I need to force myself to stay alert and be the spectator of my mind.

Why? What's the reason behind the obligation to stay present through force?

The default mode network of my brain is constantly generating thoughts without my intention. It has its own independence.

Furthermore, the default mode network has an extremely powerful force that takes a big part of my awareness when is generating thoughts. So when I'm trying to be present, I don't even realize that I'm thinking without being conscious.

It's like having ADHD (I'm 100% sure I have it), the harder you try to remain present, the harder it gets.

By forcing myself to remain present, I overpower the default mode network of my brain and finally have a chance to stay in the present moment. And yes, it's that difficult for me. But with determination, you can accomplish anything.

man i wanna do this too. Now idk how much sense i am making here but it'd be cool if I could toggle between waves from gamma to beta to alpha to theta to delta etc. as my baseline and knew experiantially how each one feels. Seems like reasonable goal to me lol. #WAVEmastery lol

41 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

man i wanna do this too. Now idk how much sense i am making here but it'd be cool if I could toggle between waves from gamma to beta to alpha to theta to delta etc. as my baseline and knew experiantially how each one feels. Seems like reasonable goal to me lol. #WAVEmastery lol

The gamma brain wave can definitely help toward achieving your goals. The brain has to work smoother. An individual must have a crystal-clear mind to be able to reach his potential.

If somebody's an "ADHD" person, meaning that he's unable to stand still and focus on something he's not really interested in, he must meditate continuously for hours on a daily basis. Now, if he's not gonna do that, his brain won't build new neural pathways that allow him to sit still and concentrate for hours on the things that matter.

I do have a job in a restaurant. I collect food trays. I walk 18 miles on foot and I still have a lot of energy when I get back home. With that being said, it doesn't stop me from being present all the time. It doesn't stop me from meditating, in the sense that I'm forcing myself to be focused on something; it can be your breath, the present moment, or the things that happen in your mind.

It takes a while until you reach the flow state. Then, you need to maintain yourself in that flowing state even when somebody might be distracting you.

Hi @The Don:) ?

Cool thread. I see that you already started the process, that's very great. :)

I started being present more than a year ago also. :)

I'm writing this text in present aswell :D you should try it :)

?

39 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@Salvijus So much :). Creates counter effect. It's actually spooky. 

Reaĺly? ?

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Reaĺly? ?

Why you've done that again. No, noooooooooo. Can't watch it. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Sorry, it's contagious tho ?

Guess you are right. 

?????????????xD

Time to stop will get eye cancer. 

15 hours ago, The Don said:

I would like to open up an interesting subject about meditation.

How many of you are meditating on a daily basis? I'm asking because I want to know if any of you does it continuously for hours, every single day.

My objective is to access the GAMMA brain wave; to be non-stop in this wave. That's why I'm trying to be present all the time.

But it doesn't stop there. It's not enough to be present. You just need to force yourself to focus on being present.

In other words, you have to struggle to amplify your concentration levels exponentially or as much as possible.

Take a look at this short video and let me know what you think.

You might read the video transcript as well:

Just out of curiosity, how does it feel to be in a gamma wave state? Is it like a shot of heroin?

Great post! But the last paragraph kind of threw me off... If you want to feel as good as heroin why dont you just do drugs? Mindfulness is not about feeling good, its about being present, sometimes the present is horrifying, sometimes its blissful. If you expect to feel good from just being present youre going to be dissapointed when you feel bad and then keep chasing that good feeling. It will never end. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

What happens is you read something you're interested in? What happens in that exact moment? Are you feeling bored? Are you feeling frustrated? Do you want to just stop and do anything else?

I believe it's possible to purge all the feelings that arrive when you do something you're not interested in. All you have to do is to perceive that activity differently. You might consider that even what seems boring at first can be an activity you enjoy.

For example, you read a book you don't like. What are the benefits of reading a book that doesn't seem appealing to you?

1. Simply by reading, you put your mind at work.

2. You get to practice patience for doing something you don't like.

3. You develop tolerance for that very things you wanna avoid.

4. At some point, what seems boring will no longer be boring.

You can choose to perceive things differently and transcend anything unlikable.

Edited by The Don

Meditation to achieve is the monkey mind. 

It’s a veiled attempt to waste years, maybe decades of your life, which is not possible. 

They see the waves, without seeing at all. 

They listen to them, without hearing. 

They buy in grosse, never feeling. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you are a wage slave or hell if you have a business to maintain, good luck meditating that many hours a day. This olympic meditators it seems it's the only thing they do. Kinda challenging if you are not in that privileged position

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

They buy in grosse, never feeling. 

Yeah feelings, sheer mdfkn power dunno what to do with myself. 

It's because of ?

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Wait what?! Jed actually agrees with me with stuff I say in blunt way. 

What da?! Unexpected. 

Even when.... WTF like for real. 

He just uses these nice words. 

Yada yada yada. 

You belong here in Serbia, come please. It will suit you well to be liberated from politness and be free. 

Has that mentality has that spirit. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Don... That was horrible! :D

Please write something from presence , even one word. ? otherwise it's just too flat :D (or boring like you put it)

GL ??