Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don

When Did Consciousness Begin?

11 posts in this topic

Hello.

If the universe has a beginning, consciousness must have a beginning too, right?

If consciousness gave birth to itself, there must be a starting point to it, right?

When I contemplate the nature of existence, I can understand logically that reality can't be material. It would be impossible to create a reality made of actual matter.

Eckhart Tolle said that consciousness can only be known, not understood.

Me on the road less traveled.

Do existence really have a beginning or is it just cycling through manifestation and then nothing and then again manifestation, even if nothing is existing at that state there is still undifferentiated oneness,  might not be an experience but conciousness is there either way.

Existence has no opposites,  just different "stages" it goes through. 

So the universe is finite but behind it is the infinity, pure formlessness

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Not my favourite thing to say, but the universe has no beginning, and so is consciousness. Form = formlessness.

Consciousness did not give birth to itself. It is giving birth to itself all the time, each moment, from eternity to infinity. The time construct (past event) you're limiting consciousness to is the problem.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Now ofcourse. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Consciousness has no beginning, and it has no end. Time, space, causality, creation, death, and the infinite diversity of forms are all part of Consciousness dreaming. Consciousness is the abode of the dream universe, but it is more than just the dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

21 minutes ago, The Don said:

Hello.

If the universe has a beginning, consciousness must have a beginning too, right?

If consciousness gave birth to itself, there must be a starting point to it, right?

When I contemplate the nature of existence, I can understand logically that reality can't be material. It would be impossible to create a reality made of actual matter.

Eckhart Tolle said that consciousness can only be known, not understood.

The process or mechanism or divine principle of "beginning" happens within consciousness.

In other words, the beginning of consciousness was caused by its ending.

36 minutes ago, The Don said:

If the universe has a beginning,

Stop right there. 

Now contemplate.

:)

Edited by SirVladimir

Beginning only makes sense if you think of consciosuness as a finite thing that happens in time.

When you see the infinite, you will understand without a doubt that it has no beginning or end, it has no form, it is timeless, and that it is everything, but at the same time it is nothing, because anything dissolved in it becomes nothing. but nothing can be outside of it, with what is also everything. without origin, unthinkable