levani

awareness question

16 posts in this topic

1. If you could please define awareness in your own terms or contrasted with other words

2. When Leo uses the example in his regular meditation video for example when you were sitting you do not think about setting Big Brother you put your awareness to it so when your asses on the chair you don't think about your ass in the champions you become aware of it does this mean that you just feel the seat and your ass on the seat so you try to feel whatever is happening. Feeling is not thinking if I am correct?

3. When eating you do not Let your mind wander into your thoughts and if it does you just bring it back and you become aware of what you're eating. But this does not mean that you have to ask yourself a question about the food what colour is it how much does it way et cetera but you just become aware that you are eating in this present moment and you are putting the food in your mouth in your realising that the food is this colour and it weighs this much et cetera right?

imo you don't even look at the food and for example say "ok this is yellow" because yellow is just another word, another label

but you just look at the structure of the food for example without labelling it, just observing, of course you will also notice colours etc.

Edited by PurpleTree

21 minutes ago, levani said:

1. If you could please define awareness in your own terms or contrasted with other words

2. When Leo uses the example in his regular meditation video for example when you were sitting you do not think about setting Big Brother you put your awareness to it so when your asses on the chair you don't think about your ass in the champions you become aware of it does this mean that you just feel the seat and your ass on the seat so you try to feel whatever is happening. Feeling is not thinking if I am correct?

3. When eating you do not Let your mind wander into your thoughts and if it does you just bring it back and you become aware of what you're eating. But this does not mean that you have to ask yourself a question about the food what colour is it how much does it way et cetera but you just become aware that you are eating in this present moment and you are putting the food in your mouth in your realising that the food is this colour and it weighs this much et cetera right?

1. Awareness = experience/observation. Going a step further would be what you have experienced (knowledge/wisdom) influencing how you experience now.

2. It just means you shouldn't be thinking about your ass. It should just be a sensation eventually. Try forgetting that this world even exists. Focus on the awareness you have sitting on the black canvas behind your eyelids (meditate in the dark and forget everything but that awareness). Eventually you might see that without all of this stuff you see out here, you're just this awareness. Is that awareness a product of the body or the environment? Is it just the eyes viewing the absence of light? Is it there without the body? Is it there without the matter of this universe? This awareness doesn't feel like matter.

I'm still wondering. Intuition says it's either the energy that is created by our bodies processes (catalyst for our arrival) or it is just what it is abstract to what's happening here (the illusion that it would be the sum of its parts).

All I can say is that once I'm that awareness in the dark, sensation just becomes distortions in space that make me feel something. Very odd perspective to "feel" from.

If you stay here long enough, you might black out and create another reality entirely. (Just like in sleep(dreaming))

The only things that seem exist in that state are 1. Your awareness of a presence 2. A voice that can speak 3. Seemingly infinite space or a flat screen without any light or color

3. You're just quieting down your thoughts so you can focus more of your awareness on what you're doing rather than thinking. Sensation is more enjoyable than thoughts of sensations for most of us.

This is my perspective as of this point in time.

Another way of viewing this is "What is my position respective to the universe with nothing to use as a focal point?" - No matter means no focal point. Just you. In front of or floating on/in a visibly blank canvas.

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

To me, awareness is the sense of knowing something. It that which allows knowing. Knowing can encompass, observation of the senses, thoughts, etc.

it also contains an inherent sense of being here, fully present. It is the feeling of clarity, without distraction, with an accompanying self knowing element, which is best described by the usage of a loop or feedback by analogy.

Awareness is everything and nothing. 

It is always “Here”

It can expand and contract at will.

It can focus on the Absolute “All That Is”, and/or focus on the smallest event or state, simultaneously.

It can separate into infinite fractals of awareness’s, dancing from one experience to the next.  It can dance from one entity, or infinite entities. From one personality to infinite personalities of conscious units within conscious units.  From one cooperative reality and dimension to all realities and dimensions.

Awareness is always moving, it never rests.  It plays with thoughts, ideas, images, desire, beliefs, emotions, feelings, sensations, textures, frequencies, particles, infinite dimensions, realities, forms, patterns etc. in a never-ending dance with “Self”.  

You/it are experiencing one fractal of infinite probable states of awareness, which can be manipulated at will through expansion and contraction.  Through shifting perspectives. Through a singular form of attention and intent and desire to a collection of attentions and intents and desires.   it can zoom in and out of focused attention, constantly play with never-ending states of awareness’s and beingness’s.

Awareness can be aware of “All-That-Is” instantaneously, or it can slow its self down, reduce its self, limit its self, to observe and be present with who you are at this very moment.  It can play hid and seek with its self and create another reality, another world, another you, infinite you's, that are free to play within time and space, or in whatever Dream sand box you want to play in.

Awareness is Me,

“Me” is all there is!

"Me" within infinite "Me's"

"Me" is "Real", it is “Actual” in all aspects, forms, patterns, parts and states of Beingness!

Edited by DLH

@DLH bro, i don't speak jibberish, i speak a bit of jibberish but this is the a few too many levels above me, can you simplify that ?

20 hours ago, levani said:

1 awareness can't be defined. What are you going to define it in terms of when it's all there is? But you don't need to define because you are directly aware that's even better. 

2 yes to just feel raw experience without labeling stuff like chair.. Ass etc 

3 not necessarily to stop thinking. you can't stop thinking anyways but to just not get lost in conceptual land and to recognize thoughts for what they are. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@levani Become aware of your feet. There is you go.

Awareness is not something you should define with words. Just be aware. And notice when you are not aware. Like you were not aware of your ass until I just mentioned it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura so becoming aware just means to try to not wander off to some thought inside my head and stay present aka be aware of the sensation of my ass/feet ?

@levani If you want to really understand awareness, do the practice in my Mindfulness Meditation video.

Thoughts inside your head are also things you can be aware of.

There's no fundamental difference between your feet, ass, or thoughts. It's all objects within awareness. Thoughts are just more sneaky and seductive.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@levani If you want to really understand awareness, do the practice in my Mindfulness Meditation video.

Thoughts inside your head are also things you can be aware of.

There's no fundamental difference between your feet, ass, or thoughts. It's all objects within awareness. Thoughts are just more sneaky and seductive.

Feet, ass and thoughts :D 

I think thoughts feel sneaky because they come from the past, and kinda hit you sometimes. They are supposed to work together and create ideas. Like a team. They are not all seductive or bad in my opinion. They help growth.

On 15/12/2020 at 4:42 PM, Leo Gura said:

Like you were not aware of your ass until I just mentioned it.

This is an actually good exercise for developing awarenass

Edited by Espaim

On 12/15/2020 at 10:22 AM, levani said:

its the only thing that is completely undefinable and ungraspable. If you have defined something, its not awareness.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:22 AM, levani said:

"feeling is not thinking" is an open question which has no "correct" answer. That's the point - NO correct answer. As soon as there is a correct answer, you've just made a definition, and if you've made a definition, then its not awareness.

1 minute ago, levani said:

@electroBeam this is kinda hard impossible to grasp but I can see if being right, let me render it for a bit

;)

let go of feeling like you don't know anything, that you're not getting anywhere, that you're not gaining anything, that you're not getting "it".

The universe IS NOT INFINITE LOVE

the universe IS NOT INFINITE INTELLIGENCE

the universe IS NOT NOTHINGNESS

We are tricking you. We are gaming you. The truth is not those things.

NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT

LET GO LET GO LET GO