Javfly33

"I am That" - Another story of the ego?

11 posts in this topic

I was just cleaning my room and I become aware that my mind might be tricking me again.

During all my life my mind was constantly proyecting thoughts of being inside the brain and being the perceiver. This is where what most humans are in regards to beliefs.

But what I just realized now is that After some "awakenings" the mind has started proyecting that it is "that" (the world of forms). Yeah, like the Nissardagatta "I am That" Book. I am The chair, the wall, the floor etc. Or at least that's what the mind says 

I was convinced this was Awakening that but this are just thoughts that the mind is protecting, again. I am actually deluded. I have not woken up.

So far the truth is in non dual states what happens is that the sense of self disappears. The additional "meaning" of saying " I am that" is probably something that the ego proyects under the hood to keep himself alive. As long as you are something (doesn't matter if it's not the body) you are safe. So the ego changes being a body to being a chair, a wall, a form. The ego tells himself he has died but actually he just changed identity. He is still totally alive 

In reality, i do not know who I am. 

just my two cents of observation. Let me know if I am missing something here.

Edited by Javfly33

I think you are right. I am "that", but if that "I" is the mind, then it's not true. You are "that" when the mind no longer creates stories and concepts. The questions and answers on this website has made it very clear for many people, there is something about how this person writes that makes it so easy to understand: https://www.true-freedom.net/#Part_Ⅰ._Enlightenment.

You are EVERYTHING.

The only problem is when you think you are one thing to the exclusion of any other.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I agree with Leo THAT points to everything, points to something that can't be named... Nis uses THAT because is very general but it means the whole thing... the absolute... etc...

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I was just cleaning my room and I become aware that my mind might be tricking me again.

During all my life my mind was constantly proyecting thoughts of being inside the brain and being the perceiver. This is where what most humans are in regards to beliefs.

But what I just realized now is that After some "awakenings" the mind has started proyecting that it is "that" (the world of forms). Yeah, like the Nissardagatta "I am That" Book. I am The chair, the wall, the floor etc. Or at least that's what the mind says 

I was convinced this was Awakening that but this are just thoughts that the mind is protecting, again. I am actually deluded. I have not woken up.

So far the truth is in non dual states what happens is that the sense of self disappears. The additional "meaning" of saying " I am that" is probably something that the ego proyects under the hood to keep himself alive. As long as you are something (doesn't matter if it's not the body) you are safe. So the ego changes being a body to being a chair, a wall, a form. The ego tells himself he has died but actually he just changed identity. He is still totally alive 

In reality, i do not know who I am. 

just my two cents of observation. Let me know if I am missing something here.

Yahtzee...got it ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Javfly33 the tricky thing is that every idea or abstraction can be part of a story. Often, content of your ideas don't matter, what matters is the context they are in, the relationship you hold to them. And that meta element won't be so obvious to an outsider observer, although you can tell sometimes when someone is speaking from genuine experience. 

Delusion then is a function of structure, and not content. You replace one paradigm with another paradigm. 

I've had strong mystical experiences before, had some sort of insight I put into words. The problem is that the mystical experience was something in the past, it becomes memory and you act on whatever concepts mechanically. Yesterday's illuminating insight is today's bullshit. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:40 PM, Leo Gura said:

You are EVERYTHING.

The only problem is when you think you are one thing to the exclusion of any other.

Everything at the same time. 

Have you read "I Am That"? Cause he literally didn't even write it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

17 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Have you read "I Am That"? Cause he literally didn't even write it. 

I read it yeah! It was sort of an inteview book right? What do you want to mean with that btw?

2 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I read it yeah! It was sort of an inteview book right? What do you want to mean with that btw?

Yeah it's a book of conversations, and that's why I meant, he didn't write it and I'm not sure if he titled it. Just wanted to point out that it's an amazing book regardless of the title. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost