NK13

How true is "That which does not kill me makes me stronger"?

14 posts in this topic

In literature, suffering is often something that provokes personal growth. Many authors (Dostovesky, Nietzsche...) see suffering as a way through redemption may be achieved. However, suffering also often seems to embitter or traumatize people. Some people never recover from such traumas and adversities.

What is the deciding factor between these two responses? What decides whether people come out of suffering stronger or weaker?

Consciousness decides everything.

Suffering without consciousness will create a irredemable monster. Suffering with consciousness will create a saint.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@NK13 I can speak from experience that suffering is the greatest teacher.

Just listen how you are contracted in your identity and insights will fly at you, hitting you left and right. You will cry, "Yes, yes! I know, I know." and secretly you just want more beatings of insights derived from the suffering. ... Ok, that got a weird turn :P I hope you know what I mean.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Leo Gura Exactly right. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@NK13 it's all about self disciple and control. we can't control situations but we can always control how or if those situations affect us. it's mainly about learning lessons and about parts of ourselves we never knew existed. 

@Megan Alecia i never said it was easy and it's most definitely not but attainable with persistence. the idea is not to have regrets or as little as possible before that last moment. think about it like this, regrets signify lack of clarity and appreciation. if we're truly happy with who we are at this point, we can't regret the steps we took to get here. 

What leo said is the right answer. I've seen many people that can't recover from their past traumatic experiences. Every new bad experience leaves them in a worse place than before. That's because they have no idea what they can do to deal with this stuff. They have no tools to help them and don't know that these tools even exist. 

In my case i think that every challenging period made me grow a bit. In the very least it motivated me to find and learn about those tools and experiment with them. Never something truly horrible happened so far in my life but moderately stressful events happen all the time for many years now. When you had enough there is a point that you just accept that life is unpredictable and new very stressful stuff will happen sooner or later. I had many stuff happening together at the same time that i reached a point that i find it funny. Like a cosmic joke. I am curious about the next thing that will happen to challenge me and i anticipate it. I know that i will be able to deal with it because of my xp dealing with stressful stuff. There is a point that you can't take it personal anymore. When you reach this point you can become free. 

On 30/11/2020 at 10:51 PM, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness decides everything.

Suffering without consciousness will create a irredemable monster. Suffering with consciousness will create a saint.

Thats so beautifully put <3

On 11/30/2020 at 3:06 PM, NK13 said:

In literature, suffering is often something that provokes personal growth. Many authors (Dostovesky, Nietzsche...) see suffering as a way through redemption may be achieved. However, suffering also often seems to embitter or traumatize people. Some people never recover from such traumas and adversities.

Here's the a high level look...Suffering is a direct result of selfishness.  God is selfless and formless and thus cannot suffer.  That which is finite or form can suffer.  Because it ultimately has to give up all it's attachments and form.  God limits itself so it can actually suffer as a finite being and therefore wake up to total Selflessness.  

The key is to learn from your suffering and become more selfless!  This will happen naturally as well but you can edge it along quicker knowing this :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@NK13 You can either become wise (become part of the solution) from the adversities in your life or become part of the problem by being a victim.