Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoN-RaTiOnAL

a question for people who experienced high states of awareness

14 posts in this topic

ive been reading in a book about spiritual experiences of a western mystic and he described them as follows: 
"i felt that my body was not a part of me, but attached to my consciousness by electric flux thread of light. when i had to use it in acts such as writing in words the essence of god's message it was extremely difficult to bring my body back under control of my consciousness and make it do as i ordered it to do" 

im wondering if this is common to all high awareness states. i did experinced it very breifly once during a very deep meditation and couldnt bear the ecstasy and detachment from the body at that point and panicked. but can it go that far that you wont be able to pick a pencil and write something? 
@leogura -would love to hear if your experiences were like that

Appearance may disappear, so no pencil, body or anything. But you are still here&now, conscious of yourself. Amazing, isn't it? :D 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

26 minutes ago, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

ive been reading in a book about spiritual experiences of a western mystic and he described them as follows: 
"i felt that my body was not a part of me, but attached to my consciousness by electric flux thread of light. when i had to use it in acts such as writing in words the essence of god's message it was extremely difficult to bring my body back under control of my consciousness and make it do as i ordered it to do" 

This message doesn't resonate: "my body", "not a part of me", "extremely difficult", "under control of my consciousness".

The spiritual path is about letting go "my", "body", "difficult", "control".
Don't be afraid to let go a body or anything else during deep meditation.
It's all good, you will be able to pick a pencil and write something ;) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

but can it go that far that you wont be able to pick a pencil and write something? 

Yes, there are many states where you won't be able to pick up a pencil and write. Salvia, 5-MeO-DMT, DPT, ketamine, nitrous can all do that. Nibbana/cessation/fruition is another example of such state

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@NoN-RaTiOnAL you are not the body and you never had control over it. When the body picks a pen, you are the witness of it, not the doer. There is no doer.

When you seem to lose control over your body, you in fact realise that you never were in control over it. 

Edited by Bluff

I have experienced some weird things, but not to the point of feeling like I couldn't control my body. One time, it felt like a disidentification with my body, where I realized I was in this meat puppet thing and could pull its jaw strings, but I wasn't it. I also felt kind of bad when I tugged the strings, because it seemed disrespectful.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

That supports the backward paradigm you’ve got going. That of high states of awareness & the separate self who can reach it. That movement of mind is a story that there is an ‘it’ which is not already you. It keeps ‘you’ climbing a mountain so to speak. It perpetuates beliefs such as you’re lacking, have shortcomings, aren’t good enough already, via false comparison. It seems a comparison was made, in believing the thought that there was, but there wasn’t. It’s a seemingly repetitive veil.  It keeps the suffering ‘alive’ until ‘you’ get so disgusted with it, that a new recognition arises, of letting go, surrendering, no longer playing the game of mountain climber, the “orderer”. “Judgement day” is not a day you’ll be judged, but the day you surrender such judgement, of yourSelf. 

im wondering if this is common to all high awareness states. i did experinced it very breifly once during a very deep meditation and couldnt bear the ecstasy and detachment from the body at that point and panicked. but can it go that far that you wont be able to pick a pencil and write something? 

There is already not a separate self. Just thought attachment to a narrative of ‘me’ (monkey mind). That is what is let go. ‘You’ didn’t experience ‘it’. That’s self-recontextualization. 

This is heaven. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

There are thousands of different kinds of mystical states and experiences. You will not be able to predict or easily categorize them.

Trying to imagine them or worry about them is a mistake and a distraction. Focus on becoming conscious of what's true in your experience.

Do not use the experiences of others as a reference for yourself. You are not them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

thanks for all the answers. granted i shouldnt try to conceptualize the process or worry about it, than again im just curious about this experience of god awareness - do you become so detached that moving the body can even become hard? did any of you *experienced* that? 

7 hours ago, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

thanks for all the answers. granted i shouldnt try to conceptualize the process or worry about it, than again im just curious about this experience of god awareness - do you become so detached that moving the body can even become hard? did any of you *experienced* that? 

There is no body and no movement. Or, there is only body, which is only movement, which is stillness. Body, trees, air are just empty phenomena; the same; everything/God/Love; not anything. There are no rules for what can seem to happen during an experience of realizing God, or being in a highly conscious state. If rain is falling, it isn't raining -- there is no "it" that could be raining; only rain. Etc. No self means no center in anything -- no it; no I.

9 hours ago, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

im just curious about this experience of god awareness - do you become so detached that moving the body can even become hard? did any of you *experienced* that? 

No, everything is effortless. The body moves itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.